Blacksmith311

Harvey Weinstein long time Democrat donor acused of sexual harassment and assault

DJL

****** I guess what I am getting back around to and it is not just my opinion, many in the media are speaking about it is the lack of outrage from the left side media when it happens to one of their own. They shy away from the story, but continue to report on any republican indiscretion.

Since you clearly missed the story being extensively reported in the WaPo, NYT, NBC, Guardian, and other so-called "left side" media, I can only assume that you don't actually read or watch these and are just talking out of your {censored}.

Everything with Weinstein's name on it is being razed. His company has changed it's name and will likely fold, he's been removed from nearly every association in which he held a membership, his wife left him, movies and shows in which he was involved have been cancelled or are in jeopardy, AND police in several states are investigation the allegations.

In the meantime right leaning news channels are going after people for not being as outraged with him as they have been with Trump. The issue.....barely anything has happened with Trump and even with full knowledge going into the election of his sexual assault accusations and audio of him bragging about it the Republican Party STILL elected him President.

Ah but see no-one respects women as much as he does. He said so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMFin3cWl-4
Never try to eat more than you can lift

kallend

******>Hillary Clinton needs to STFU.

No more than you need to STFU. She's a private citizen with as much right to complain as you do. (And she has a bit more insight into the problem.)

>Man, what a buttsore little bitch she is.

And we wonder why people like Weinstein and Trump get away with it.

So did Bill Clinton. and SHE helped him get away with it. See my point?

Really? I don't recall her testimony in his favor during the impeachment hearings, or any other legal proceedings.

If any group is butthurt, it is the Hillary haters.

:D:D:D She's like the annoying little cockroach that won't ride off into the sunset. If anybody's butthurt, it's her and her liberal voters, not her haters. Suck it up.

> She's like the annoying little cockroach that won't ride off into the sunset.

And that people like you keep alive and in the limelight. Congratulations! I guess you have your reasons for wanting to keep bringing up her opinions and statements; they must be important to you.

Weinstein was in a unique position that allowed him to get away with this for so long. A big part of his job was deciding that a young woman wasn't right for the part and eliminate her from the running. His company might spend hundreds of millions to make a movie so there was no room for sentimentality. If he felt someone was wrong he had to say so no matter how much it would hurt them or their career.
So it was normal for there to be young women upset with him about their careers. That, I think, is a big part of how he got away with it for so long. Not the only one of course but on the other hand, if his job was to manage payroll or something people would notice when he started to cause young women to lose their role.

billvon

> She's like the annoying little cockroach that won't ride off into the sunset.

And that people like you keep alive and in the limelight. Congratulations! I guess you have your reasons for wanting to keep bringing up her opinions and statements; they must be important to you.

Even if I say nothing on here, she'll still be out there trying to stay relevant like a narcissist. Like I said... cockroach... with lipstick.

Script writer Scott Rosenberg has a long, interesting POV on Weinstein and Hollywood:
http://deadline.com/2017/10/scott-rosenberg-harvey-weinstein-miramax-beautiful-girls-guilt-over-sexual-assault-allegations-1202189525/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

And the winner of the Weinstein scandal: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/355820-networks-aggressively-pursuing-ronan-farrow-report

I didn't realize who he was until 2 days ago.

You can put money on Mia Farrow knowing a thing or two about producers trying to get in your pants.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Faicon9493

What does party affiliation have to do with right and wrong?

Democrats have evidence to prove that the Republicans are wrong. The Republicans know it is the other way around.

(Let's see who picks up on the meaning of that statement.)

The two parties have different value standards. And the divide is growing wider.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***What does party affiliation have to do with right and wrong?

Democrats have evidence to prove that the Republicans are wrong. The Republicans know it is the other way around.

The two parties have different value standards. And the divide is growing wider.

You can't harp on value standards with Trump sitting in office. That's laughable.

DJL

******What does party affiliation have to do with right and wrong?

You can't harp on value standards with Trump sitting in office. That's laughable.

Well it is laughable but Ron is right about a widening value standard between the parties.

A 14% decline in trust and opinion towards the US since trump was elected. Means a little over a billion more people have developed mistrust of the US in only six months.
http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/

Lawndarter

Indeed. Republican values are getting further and further out of touch with American (and indeed, just decent human) values.

The party of "Family Values" almost mocks their own logo now and has replaced it with a sort of pride about being "deplorable" as if that's an everyday man of the world sort of value that depicts one as being rough around the edges and just a little imperfect.

DJL

******What does party affiliation have to do with right and wrong?

Why?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

You voted for a sexual predator with a history of immorality in nearly every aspect of his life.

No, not really.

Something said is not something done.

I see you like the made up stuff now too.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln