Bob_Church

UPS delivery, I don't think so

Bob_Church

The latest update on UPS' tracking page for a package I'm waiting for. As of a couple of minutes ago, 1:35 pm, 12/20/2017. “This shipment is progressing through the postal system to the final destination.” Estimated Delivery 12/19/2017

Just to let you and everyone else know in case they don't-

You can select a service called "UPS Last Mile" by which UPS will deliver your package to your local post office, and they will delivery it from there. The idea is that if you live in certain areas, like in a rural area, this will be cheaper than having UPS deliver to your location, because the post office is going there every day anyway.

You will need to let your vendor know that you do not want this service if you are willing to pay for UPS to your door.

Personally I don't like the option because UPS in is my neighborhood every day, and it would make shipment one day longer.

I'm just letting people know so that they don't think poorly of UPS, which can't control what USPS does. (I'm sticking up for UPS because they give me very good service.)

peek

***The latest update on UPS' tracking page for a package I'm waiting for. As of a couple of minutes ago, 1:35 pm, 12/20/2017. “This shipment is progressing through the postal system to the final destination.” Estimated Delivery 12/19/2017

Just to let you and everyone else know in case they don't-

You can select a service called "UPS Last Mile" by which UPS will deliver your package to your local post office, and they will delivery it from there. The idea is that if you live in certain areas, like in a rural area, this will be cheaper than having UPS deliver to your location, because the post office is going there every day anyway.

You will need to let your vendor know that you do not want this service if you are willing to pay for UPS to your door.

I'm just letting people know so that they don't think poorly of UPS, which can't control what USPS does. (I'm sticking up for UPS because at least locally, they give me very good service.)

Personally I don't like it because UPS in is my neighborhood every day, and it would make shipment one day longer.

I've never heard of it being optional. At my local post office the UPS stuff gets dropped off on Tuesdays and is then sorted for delivery on Thursday. And no, they're not allowed to dig something out for you, I've tried.
We have a great situation here and I think it's because UPS and USPS are vying for the all important Ohio University business. They've set up an incredibly efficient pipeline into and out of Athens, and Albany benefits from it to. I never pay for extra shipping because things get here so incredibly fast anyway. It's not unusual to get things in two days, regular shipping. And a few times I've gotten them the next day thanks in part to the distribution center in Wilmington, Oh. The bad news is when someone ships Fedex. I'm sure they're great in some areas but not here, in fact their nearest shop is in Parkersburg Wv. I think they decided that competing with UPS and USPS was a waste and never really tried.
I just thought their prediction of me getting the package by the 19th (yesterday) was a little unrealistic.