jclalor

Much better her than a toddler.

DanG

No, the problem is than when presented with two studies, the OP will automatically believe the one that shows pit bulls are dangerous, regardless of the source. He will also discount any study that suggests pits are no worse than other dogs. It is called confirmation bias.

Studies? What about the fatalities. Do a google search on dog attacks and read the results. That brings back memories. I did a report once on how you can prove Anything with studies.

>I'm sure you'll agree when I say I still want to make abusing a dog a capital crime
>punishable by a long slow painful death.

Given that we torture and kill pigs (which are arguably as smart as, if not smarter than, dogs) for food, that would be a difficult one to justify.

Lots of people in the world eat dog; lots of people keep pigs as pets. If you are outraged by animal mistreatment then that's a supportable position - but to narrow it to one species because we like them better isn't really defensible.

Yeah, because news reports are always accurate, never sensational, and completely unbiased.

Do you learn skydiving safety from news articles about jumping accidents? Or do you think it might be a better idea to read Bryan Burke's and UPSA reports?

- Dan G

RMK

We have this same pitbull "shit" in the UK.

Misunderstood breed? That's utter bullshit; they're trash dogs for trash people. You never hear of a story of a cocker spaniel going mad and killing or biting a child's face off.

Rage Syndrome is most often found in the English Springer Spaniel and is by many considered to be a genetic trait.