ryoder

"Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Steve Bannon says in explosive book"

rushmc

Now you all love Bannon! Go figure.:D

Where do you get that? Where, anywhere, just once in this thread do you see someone saying something like 'you know what? I actually quite like Bannon now...'?

Why is your response to anything always some personal interpretation? It doesn't work as an argument.

Personally, I can't stand Steve Bannon and wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but I can look at the shitshow he's causing and get a good laugh out of it - how I feel about the guy and how I feel about the situation are two entirely unrelated things.

What I believe is, you think, and others like you think, that the dumbest son-of-a-bitch that ever existed is in the White House. Yet this dumb son-of-a-bitch beat the smartest woman in the world for the presidency. You people are a hoot and I enjoy reading these threads daily thank you
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

***Now you all love Bannon! Go figure.:D

Where do you get that? Where, anywhere, just once in this thread do you see someone saying something like 'you know what? I actually quite like Bannon now...'?

Why is your response to anything always some personal interpretation? It doesn't work as an argument.

Personally, I can't stand Steve Bannon and wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but I can look at the shitshow he's causing and get a good laugh out of it - how I feel about the guy and how I feel about the situation are two entirely unrelated things.

Yet this left revels in his comments in a book written by a person who's known to exaggerated extremely.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yet this left revels in his comments in a book written by a person who's known to exaggerated extremely.

I've never heard of the author before. So I did not know about the reputation you are alleging. Do you have anything to back it up? Or is it just the start of the right wing apoligistia slander he will be facing?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>What I believe is, you think, and others like you think, that the dumbest son-of-a-bitch
>that ever existed is in the White House.

Oh, he's not the dumbest son of a bitch by a long shot. There are plenty of people dumber than him. (The Kardashians come to mind.) What most people - and all his closest advisors and aides think, past and present - is that he is simply unqualified to be president. He would be an excellent reality TV show actor.

>Yet this dumb son-of-a-bitch beat the smartest woman in the world for the presidency.

Cool that you think she's the smartest person in the world!

But in any case, complete idiots regularly beat out intelligent people on reality TV shows. Popularity does not equate to intelligence. Haven't you figured that out yet?

>Yet this left revels in his comments in a book written by a person who's known to
>exaggerated extremely.

And quotes someone you trust 100% without question. Let me repeat your most trusted news source once again:

"The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers. Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

That wasn't written by someone. That was spoken - by Steve Bannon.

More and more people are coming out vetting the facts and representations of this book and virtually every story is ringing true.

Marc could use the internet to learn the facts about something before resorting to instinctive. Right vr left, Breitbart inspired rhetoric.

Michael Wolff got access to the trump WH because he wrote a favorable, accurate book about trumps friend Rupert Murdoch. trump expected a flattering expose of himself because he loves media attention.

This is that book:
https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Owns-News-Murdoch/dp/B007U7TQ42

This is the author:
"Wolff was nominated for the National Magazine Award three times, winning twice"..

The Columbia Journalism Review criticized Wolff in 2010 when Wolff suggested that The New York Times was aggressively covering the breaking News International phone hacking scandal as a way of attacking News Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch.[21]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wolff_(journalist)

Murdoch is no friend of the "left". Wolff is a NY,NY based author with a long track history of magazines and books. Leaning towards
"In a 2004 cover story for The New Republic, Michelle Cottle wrote that Wolff was "uninterested in the working press," preferring to focus on "the power players—the moguls" and was "fixated on culture, style, buzz, and money, money, money."

This is what got him access to the trump WH because the media whore trump expected a Murdoch style book. Instead he got the truth and its ugly.

The author just thanked Trump for the boost in sales he gave the book.

==================
Michael Wolff says his explosive book about President Trump is accurate, despite the White House's attacks. And he appreciates all the free promotion from the president.

"Where do I send the box of chocolates?" Wolff asked playfully in his first interview about the book, "Fire and Fury," which became the country's hottest book in the last two days.

"Today" show host Savannah Guthrie asked: "You think he's helping you sell books?"

"Absolutely," Wolff said, and "he's helping me prove the point of the book."

What Wolff portrays as Trump's instability is one of the troubling themes of "Fire and Fury," which was supposed to be released next Tuesday. Leaks and excerpts from the book and a legal threat from one of Trump's personal attorneys caused the publisher, Henry Holt, to move up the release to Friday.
==================

But that's unfair. Some of the thanks go to Trumpies on forums like this one, whose shrill denials and panicked counter-accusations have done just as much to propel the book to #1.

The tell-all book quickly shot up to the No. 1 spot on Amazon and almost immediately was backordered there and at other major booksellers including Barnes & Noble. While the book won’t be back in stock on Amazon for another two to four weeks, people can still order the Kindle and audio editions, which were No. 2 and No. 3 on Amazon’s best-seller list.
http://time.com/money/5089578/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-trump-sales/

OK, someone needs to start a new thread about the movie, the name of the movie and who should star in it.

Bill

You just don't understand. You see Michael Wolff exaggerates everything. You all believe that Bannon says this:

The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers. Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.

But that is just an exaggeration. What Steve Bannon actually said was this:

The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor to discuss adoptions -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers. Even if you thought that this was not tremendous, or pathetic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called FOX News immediately.

See the difference?

After a number of paragraphs outlining the problems brought by Michael Flynn, this paragraph appears on page 103:

Bannon used the general odor that had more and more attached to Flynn among everybody except the president to help secure a seat for himself on the National Security Council. This was, for many in the national security community, a signal moment in the effort by the nationalist right wing to seize power. But Bannon's presence on the council was just as much driven by the need to babysit the impetuous Flynn, prone to antagonizing almost everyone else in the national security community. (Flynn was "a colonel in a general's uniform," according to one senior intelligence figure.)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>No. Stable geniuses apparently.

From a Twitter:

I am the very model of a Very Stable Genius.
I have a mighty button and no problems with my penius.
I have no time for television, golf, or social media
Since my brain is way way better than the best encyclopedia.

[chorus]
Brain is way way better than the best encyclopedia!

Trump Told Hope Hicks She Was 'The Best Piece of Tail' Corey Lewandowski Would Ever Have, Book Claims

“You’ve already done enough for him,” Trump allegedly responded to Hicks.

“You’re the best piece of tail he’ll ever have,” he added, in a comment that reportedly sent Hicks “running from the room.”

The president’s comment was an apparent reference to an on-off romantic relationship between Hicks and Lewandowski, the book claims.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-told-hope-hicks-she-was-best-piece-tail-corey-lewandowski-would-ever-770332

Phil1111

Trump Told Hope Hicks She Was 'The Best Piece of Tail' Corey Lewandowski Would Ever Have, Book Claims

“You’re the best piece of tail he’ll ever have,” he added, in a comment that reportedly sent Hicks “running from the room.”

The president’s comment was an apparent reference to an on-off romantic relationship between Hicks and Lewandowski, the book claims.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-told-hope-hicks-she-was-best-piece-tail-corey-lewandowski-would-ever-770332

A quick search turns it up on page 204.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

>No. Stable geniuses apparently.

From a Twitter:

I am the very model of a Very Stable Genius.
I have a mighty button and no problems with my penius.
I have no time for television, golf, or social media
Since my brain is way way better than the best encyclopedia.

[chorus]

From The Pirates of Pennsylvania Avenue?

W.S. Gilbert would certainly approve.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ryoder

***Trump Told Hope Hicks She Was 'The Best Piece of Tail' Corey Lewandowski Would Ever Have, Book Claims

A quick search turns it up on page 204.

One should have anticipated this from the "Pu##y grabber in chief", I guess.