Phil1111

Should trump Apologize to Africa for Comments?

Phil1111

******Cuba a shithole? Well, it does have an average life expectancy about 4 months less than America's. In Canada we get about 24 months more than either of you. Define shithole.

A shithole is where a natural disaster completely and utterly decimates a country that cannot be restored because their criminal regime has stolen that country's wealth and left their people with nothing to rebuild. No infrastructure, no housing, no resources.

Plenty of others.

Trump Administration: Puerto Rico Has Enough Money and Doesn't Need More Aid

Hurricane Maria ravaged Puerto Rico four months ago, and recovery has been slow. Power is still out in large swaths of the island, affecting over a million people, and some rural areas may not have power restored until the 2018 hurricane season. Infrastructure, industry, and agriculture have all been devastated. But according to the Trump administration, Puerto Rico is fine. Or at least, Puerto Rico is well off that the administration is deliberately withholding aid...

And of course, Puerto Rico has no friends in this White House. It's reported that Trump meant for his "shithole" comments to play well for his base, and if the president thinks that way behind closed doors, it's always possible that he believes that actually helping Puerto Rico would undercut his credibility with white nationalists. It's also just possible he still doesn't know that Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens. Regardless, it seems clear that the U.S. government has no intention of giving Puerto Rico aid if they can't get it all back or make a quick buck.
https://www.gq.com/story/trump-puerto-rico-aid

Puerto Rico’s $123 Billion Bankruptcy Is the Cost of U.S. Colonialism
"Civil society groups contend that the plunder of the Puerto Rican people through predatory and even illegal bond deals that island politicians concocted together with top Wall Street firms will now be exposed.

Amazingly, the 23-page petition that the federal government’s own financial control board filed in U.S. District Court in San Juan reached the exact same conclusion that Puerto Rico’s former Gov. Alejandro García Padilla reached back in June 2015 — that the island’s debt is “not payable.”
https://theintercept.com/2017/05/09/puerto-ricos-123-billion-bankruptcy-is-the-cost-of-u-s-colonialism/

You have defined the US government and the state of America as a shit***e.

Agree that P.R. is a great example of an epic failure resulting from many decades of leftist/progressive control and corruption at the highest levels of government. From the governors, to the mayors of major cities, to Senate leadership/membership, etc.. ...most of these elected officials have, over the years, rotated through multiple high-level offices, ensuring their personal grip on power/money. You want to see a real divide between rich and poor in the US? ...look right here. Again, corruption by top government officials has left the territory with a failing, outdated infrastructure that will require years for recovery. The example you included from my post is right on point for Puerto Rico, too. Not as dire as Haiti, but bad enough none-the-less. Yes, this disaster exposes that corruption and the mess that is left to be cleaned up by others, much like similar local (and not so local) corruption was brought into daylight in New Orleans post Katrina. The US is certainly not immune from these pockets of corruption. And the lefties certainly enjoy no monopoly.

We're probably not getting the full story on why certain relief funds to P.R. are being withheld. I think the FBI is investigating allegations of corruption and misappropriation by local officials of even the relief funds and aid that have already arrived on the island. I know that power companies from my region have pretty much thrown their hands up and evacuated the island in frustration. Complete lack of help or direction from local authorities. Even FEMA is having difficulty working with them.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends".

The answer is to send an administrator like General Kelly and appoint a special prosecutor to work with the bankruptcy court.

- Kick ass
- Take names and prosecute
- Complete bankruptcy and propose a budget with long term solvency coincidental with reconstruction.

"SAN JUAN – Puerto Rico has “no path to recovery without a massive fiscal stimulus plan and debt relief,” top economic figures told President Trump and Congress on Friday.

They released an open letter urging the Trump administration and Congress to take “immediate and decisive” action to accelerate economic growth and rebuilding in Puerto Rico, where a humanitarian crisis after Hurricane Maria threatens the “very survival of the island,” according to a release about the letter.

The full letter is available here: http://recovery4pr.org/.
http://caribbeanbusiness.com/letter-to-trump-congress-puerto-rico-cannot-survive-without-massive-fiscal-stimulus-debt-relief/

Harvard is already using Trump’s failures in Puerto Rico as a teachable lesson.

“We study leaders,” Dr. Leonard Marcus told me this week. He’s the co-founder of the Ivy League school’s National Preparedness Leadership Initiative, which trains policymakers and public officials in emergency planning. “We take what we learn from leaders, and teach new leaders for future events.” And Marcus is learning a lot from President Donald Trump’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico—mainly, what not to do during a disaster of this magnitude.
https://newrepublic.com/minutes/145171/harvard-already-using-trumps-failures-puerto-rico-teachable-lesson

Meanwhile American citizens in the remote corners of PR try to cook meals without power and can't get to jobs.

gowlerk

quoting Wendy, "Trump has a long history of seeing more potential or merit in people he can identify with (white, European ancestry) than people he can't identify with (non-white). Not that he's incapable of seeing the merit, just that his assumptions are different when judging, and there's far less benefit of doubt.
That's not the racism of lynching or "step off the sidewalk when you see me, boy," but it's still racism."

Wendy P. Yes, maybe you're right Wendy. Many people don't see racism for what it is. White nationalist don't consider themselves to be racist at all. They just want a separate "homeland" with no brown people (except maybe servants with no citizenship). But don't call them racists, that's insulting.

The truth is, we all have a preference for people who are more like ourselves. We are all racist. It's what we do with that and how we treat others that matters.

Kind of agree with both of these statements. But, where we might disagree is that I don't really lump Trump in with the "white nationalists". (I don't know whether you're implying that he is one or not, even though I generally agree with the generic content your post).

Hmmmm ....degrees of racism. Maybe just another way to describe cultural differences.

Hmmmm ....degrees of racism. Maybe just another way to describe cultural differences.

Trump is a master at leaving himself wiggle room. I don't try to judge what is in his mind. Or anyone else's. I go firstly by a person's actions and secondly by a person's words. On that basis it is clear to me that Trump is a rascist. Yes, he likes to have Jews to count his money. And Hispanics to clean up behind him. But it is clear that be places a certain higher value on white people. And that he wants to institute a policy in the immigration system that reflects those values. Racism is as racism does.

I'm leaving AZ soon and driving back to MB.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

wmw999

That's not the racism of lynching or "step off the sidewalk when you see me, boy," but it's still racism.

Plus he's more than willing to pander to the outright racism of others if it benefits him.

For instance, he may not have stopped black people from renting his apartments because he doesn't like black people, but because he thought it would get him more money from all the other people who don't like black people. Either way though, the outcome is the same and it's equally wrong.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Phil1111

The answer is to send an administrator like General Kelly and appoint a special prosecutor to work with the bankruptcy court.

- Kick ass
- Take names and prosecute
- Complete bankruptcy and propose a budget with long term solvency coincidental with reconstruction.

Agree here.

"SAN JUAN – Puerto Rico has “no path to recovery without a massive fiscal stimulus plan and debt relief,” top economic figures told President Trump and Congress on Friday.

They released an open letter urging the Trump administration and Congress to take “immediate and decisive” action to accelerate economic growth and rebuilding in Puerto Rico, where a humanitarian crisis after Hurricane Maria threatens the “very survival of the island,” according to a release about the letter.

The full letter is available here: http://recovery4pr.org/.
http://caribbeanbusiness.com/letter-to-trump-congress-puerto-rico-cannot-survive-without-massive-fiscal-stimulus-debt-relief/

Immediate and decisive action usually means indiscriminately throwing large sums of money at the problem. Pointless to do that until it is ensured that the aid will go where it's needed.

Harvard is already using Trump’s failures in Puerto Rico as a teachable lesson.

“We study leaders,” Dr. Leonard Marcus told me this week. He’s the co-founder of the Ivy League school’s National Preparedness Leadership Initiative, which trains policymakers and public officials in emergency planning. “We take what we learn from leaders, and teach new leaders for future events.” And Marcus is learning a lot from President Donald Trump’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico—mainly, what not to do during a disaster of this magnitude.
https://newrepublic.com/minutes/145171/harvard-already-using-trumps-failures-puerto-rico-teachable-lesson

Instead of this nonsense, they need to teach the chillins at Harvard how local failed public policy, corrupution, and neglect, compounded over a century, has enhanced the devastation of the island causing the disastrous humanitarian crisis, and has greatly impeded its recovery.

Meanwhile American citizens in the remote corners of PR try to cook meals without power and can't get to jobs.

gowlerk

Trump is a master at leaving himself wiggle room. I don't try to judge what is in his mind. Or anyone else's. I go firstly by a person's actions and secondly by a person's words. On that basis it is clear to me that Trump is a rascist. Yes, he likes to have Jews to count his money. And Hispanics to clean up behind him. But it is clear that be places a certain higher value on white people. And that he wants to institute a policy in the immigration system that reflects those values. Racism is as racism does.

I'm leaving AZ soon and driving back to MB.

Careful driving home.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ron,

our language

The USA does not have an official language.

I would think that any educated person would know that.

Jerry Baumchen

Just Google it, see attached.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Capture.PNG

Yup. Your R party managed to ram that through in 2006. It was and is largely seen as a divisive and racist act. It also got 9 D votes in the Senate. No shortage of cowards there. They probably saw nothing to gain by voting against the frightened majority white population.

Edit. I’ve got some time to kill. Turns out that Senate Bill never did become law. Some water down version did get passed. But Ron is incorrect, America doesn’t have an official language law.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

*********Cuba a shithole? Well, it does have an average life expectancy about 4 months less than America's. In Canada we get about 24 months more than either of you. Define shithole.

A shithole is a place where people strap pieces of foam, seat cushions from old Desotos, plywood, and tree limbs together with bailing wire and hemp rope to risk death and escape with their families to that other shithole 90 miles to the north. These are folks who have had other family members murdered by their country's heros (who have their images painted on the sides of buildings and are worshipped by American leftists and anarchists), or have been sent to rot in their shithole prisons.

A shithole is where a natural disaster completely and utterly decimates a country that cannot be restored because their criminal regime has stolen that country's wealth and left their people with nothing to rebuild. No infrastructure, no housing, no resources.

A shithole is a place that sits over one of the richest oil reserves in the world yet doesn't have a meaningful economy and most of its population lives in fear and poverty. Another kleptocracy.

A shithole is a country with a loudmouth puppet "leader" who has given over defacto control of that country to criminal cartels (including members of their federal police) who, themselves, are at war with each other, leaving the citizenry caught in the middle. It's a place where this is better than their homeland.

A shithole is a country that (despite a 100% vaccination rate), causes its citizens to feel compelled to ship their children, unaccompanied, 1000 miles on top of freight trains, across hostile territory to "dreamland".

Plenty of others.

Those are all pretty good points. America is not a place people are desperate to get out of and a lot of other countries are. But the whole point of the issue is that Trump and friends do not think that any, or very few of these desperate people should be allowed in. Why?

Because we want them to be legal immigrants, accepting personal responsibility, our language and culture and obeying our laws. Stop trying to sneak in here for the freebies promised by progressive liberals in exchange for your illegal votes.

Which culture?

No administrative language, English is just used as the official language (in biz).

Where is evidence of the illegal votes?

In your age, you should know that the US is a mixture of different cultures, languages, immigrants .... and of course the natives. Look, even your odd president is of German origin That really hurts my German heart - and I am just happy the Germans did not allow his ancestors to return to Germany!) - so, where is your so called culture?

Only because you as a retiree are living amongst yourselves somewhere deep in the mountains does not mean, your lifestyle is the official one in the US.

edited for typo

dudeist skydiver # 3105

RonD1120

***Hi Ron,

our language

Jerry Baumchen

If English is the official language of the USA, why did House Republicans try to introduce a bill just last year which begins "This bill establishes English as the official language of the United States."? Who do you believe, liberal MSM co-conspirators Google, or the Republican Party?

(It died in committee, by the way.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

Because we want them to be legal immigrants, accepting personal responsibility, our language and culture and obeying our laws. Stop trying to sneak in here for the freebies promised by progressive liberals in exchange for your illegal votes.

You have no clue about how immigration works these days, do you?

And no clue about what "freebies" illegal immigrants can get either, do you?

Hint: It's a tiny, tiny fraction of what the bigots and xenophobes claim that illegals can get. No free medical, no food stamps, no free housing.

And what "Illegal votes" are you talking about?
Got any proof that illegal immigrants have voted in any significant numbers?
Got any proof that more illegal immigrants have cast votes than illegal votes by Trump supporters?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

jakee

******Hi Ron,

our language

Jerry Baumchen

If English is the official language of the USA, why did House Republicans try to introduce a bill just last year which begins "This bill establishes English as the official language of the United States."? Who do you believe, liberal MSM co-conspirators Google, or the Republican Party?

(It died in committee, by the way.)

That explains allot:

Do most people speak English in Puerto Rico?
Both Spanish and English are the official languages of Puerto Rico, but Spanish is without a doubt the dominant language, as the majority of the people in Puerto Rico are not proficient in English. Fewer than 20 percent of Puerto Ricans speak English fluently, according to the 1990 U.S. Census.
http://welcome.topuertorico.org/culture/language.shtml

Puerto Rican: If you're a shade darker, you face discrimination
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-ed-colored-puerto-rican-has-endured-racial-slurs-myword-20170504-story.html

Referring to:

"Spotting her at the Governors Club Lounge in downtown Tallahassee around 10:30 p.m., Artiles, who had been drinking, confronted Gibson: “Audrey, stop being a bitch on my bills and I’ll stop being a fucking asshole on yours.”

His words would mark the beginning of the end of his Senate career.

By the end of his tirade, Artiles had called Gibson a “girl,” Senate President Joe Negron a “pussy” and Republicans who had elected Negron “niggas.” By the end of the week, Artiles had resigned,"

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article146227009.html#storylink=cpy

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ron,

our language

Jerry Baumchen

This is correct;
English is the de facto language since federal documents are in English, and govt business is conducted in English, but there is no official language.
However...

According to U.S. English, the following states have existing official language laws on their books: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wyoming. A small handful date back more than a few decades, such as Louisiana (1811) and Nebraska (1920), but most official language statutes were passed since the 1970's.

Source: https://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_lang.html

Now here is where it gets interesting.
These are the official languages of Alaska:

English, Inupiaq, Siberian Yupik, Central Alaskan Yup'ik, Alutiiq, Unanga, Dena'ina, Deg Xinag, Holikachuk, Koyukon, Upper Kuskokwim, Gwich'in, Tanana, Upper Tanana, Tanacross, Hän, Ahtna, Eyak, Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian

Source: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/04/21/305688602/alaska-oks-bill-making-native-languages-official
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

SkyDekker

***No I do not. I want them legally residing in my country.

I agree that you want that.

And then you want people who look like you and believe like you to be the only people who can legally reside in your country.

Wrong again.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

******No I do not. I want them legally residing in my country.

And then you want people who look like you and believe like you to be the only people who can legally reside in your country.

Wrong again.

Don't think so. You have made enough comments over the years that make it clear enough for me and probably a few other people.

I highly doubt that middle eastern dude you like to believe in is as white as you think he is.

SkyDekker

I highly doubt that middle eastern dude you like to believe in is as white as you think he is.

If you are referring to Jesus the Christ, it could be. Makes no difference to me and my peers.

RonD1120

******No I do not. I want them legally residing in my country.

Wrong again.

Ron, you probably should just say that you don't want to ban guns.

RonD1120

If you are referring to Jesus the Christ, it could be. Makes no difference to me and my peers.

Maybe not to you and your peers, but how do you think he is going to feel about a bunch of racists wanting to get access to heaven?

SkyDekker

Maybe not to you and your peers, but how do you think he is going to feel about a bunch of racists wanting to get access to heaven?

Doesn't concern me. Entrance is based on accepting Him as the Christ and surrendering your ego. Repentance is the key. And, I never was or am a racist.