BIGUN

Father, too old for DACA, deported after three decades in the U.S.

See, I think DACA needs to be done away with, but there needs to be some logic about those who are in situations like this. After this many years AND being married to an American citizen - this shouldn't happen. Now, if he had a criminal history in the US; I would take the other side.

With two immigration agents hovering nearby, Jorge Garcia pulled his family close for one final hug near security gates at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. His wife and 15-year-old daughter sobbed in his arms. His 12-year-old son stood stoically. Garcia was silent.

Soon after, the 39-year-old landscaper from Lincoln Park, Mich., boarded a plane bound for Mexico, deported to his home country on Monday after three decades in the United States.

Garcia was brought to the country with an undocumented relative when he was 10 years old, according to the Detroit Free Press. He had faced a removal order from immigration courts since 2009, but his deportation was stayed during the Obama administration as his family looked for ways to get him legal status. Under President Trump, that was no longer an option.

SOURCE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/01/16/too-old-for-daca-a-michigan-father-is-deported-after-three-decades-in-the-u-s/?utm_term=.7c2d134f1607

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

I'd be curious as to why Obama's administration couldn't create a pathway for him after eight years.

Sort of off topic but I have to wonder how much grass roots support DACA lost with this downright embarrassing fiasco.

http://kron4.com/2017/09/18/young-immigrants-shout-down-democratic-leader-nancy-pelosi-in-san-francisco/

BIGUN

I'd be curious as to why Obama's administration couldn't create a pathway for him after eight years.

Because of "tea party caucus", same reason the R party is going to be decimated in November.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I'm sorry, Bill. That was flip. Just that two one-liner threads of blame caught me the wrong way. The country seems to be moving towards a limited number of character discussions. SC seems to be becoming more and more of a representative sample of how we now communicate with each other. Ten years ago, we would have discussed the matter in some depth - talking WITH with each other instead of AT each other.

I am ashamed of my own failings in this change of discourse. I truly fear we are going to divide ourselves to doom. New California for God's sake?!??! We've gone that far of an extreme? I want to apologize to all my liberal friends for my engagement in "Loud and One-Liners."

Back on topic.. I did write to my two Senators and one congressman last night about the Jorge Garcia issue and asked them to bring that man back to be with his family and help expedite his path to citizenship. It may have fallen on deaf ears, but they heard from a registered Republican.

Again, my apologies.

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hopefully, Mr Garcia will have skills that justify re-entry as a legal immigrant. My experience with Mexicans has been positive. They are skilled, hard working and family oriented. Evan the gang bangers in my treatment programs fit that description. They were just drug dealers.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Hopefully, Mr Garcia will have skills that justify re-entry as a legal immigrant. My experience with Mexicans has been positive. They are skilled, hard working and family oriented. Evan the gang bangers in my treatment programs fit that description. They were just drug dealers.

Well he would be barred form trying for 10 years. He can try and apply to be excused from that due to his American wife, but likelihood is low.

That is 10 years until he can start the application....

rushmc

Breaking the law should have consequences. Unless of course you're closing or Obama

He is being punished for his parents breaking the law, so are his wife and children.

And lying to congress didn't have consequences for Sessions. Lying on his security clearance application, time and time again, hasn't had consequences for Kushner. But since those are white guys, you don't care.

rushmc

Breaking the law should have consequences. Unless of course you're closing or Obama

He was brought to the USA when he was 10. Paid his taxes, worked his jobs, never broke the law. Raised a family.

Meanwhile, we have a nation full of white trailer trash, welfare abusing, drug addicted, non taxpaying 'Mericans allowed to stay and squander my tax dollars. Why, Oh why can't we get them deported somewhere too???

Does this deportation make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

BIGUN

I am ashamed of my own failings in this change of discourse. I truly fear we are going to divide ourselves to doom. New California for God's sake?!??! We've gone that far of an extreme? I want to apologize to all my liberal friends for my engagement in "Loud and One-Liners."

'New California' is the latest in decades of similar proposals in California. The fun bit is always seeing how hard folks try to be part of the off shoot, like San Franciscans trying to escape LA, think that rural California doesn't see them as equally evil. So no new lows here.

This deportation is another example of ICE going after the easy pickings, the people hiding in plain sight, rather than the criminal element that should be prioritized. Here we just broke up a traditional family unit.

The impending result around DACA shows the dangers in willingly participating in giving the government your contact information (and why gun owners oppose registration so aggressively - had to give Rush a twinkie). It's that much easier for them to boot you with the next change in policy. Same for those who got medical pot cards.

>The fun bit is always seeing how hard folks try to be part of the off shoot, like San Franciscans
>trying to escape LA, think that rural California doesn't see them as equally evil. So no new lows
> here.

Seems like the underlying sentiment is that no one wants to be part of LA. This is more cultural than anything else; how many disaster movies have there been that wipe out LA specifically? There's something deep about that place that people don't like.

The proposal I saw divides CA into three states - northern california, southern california and LA. (San Diego stays with Southern CA.) Which I like because then we can be in a different state than LA. But really it's all just a paper game.

billvon

>

The proposal I saw divides CA into three states - northern california, southern california and LA. (San Diego stays with Southern CA.) Which I like because then we can be in a different state than LA. But really it's all just a paper game.

Northern Cal doesn't want us (SF). But us not wanting to be with LA is just shameless hypocrisy. We're really talented there.

And 3 states...the rest of the union has absolutely no interest in giving us two more senators, certainly won't go for 4. Such a waste of energy trying.

kelpdiver

***>

Northern Cal doesn't want us (SF). But us not wanting to be with LA is just shameless hypocrisy. We're really talented there.

And 3 states...the rest of the union has absolutely no interest in giving us two more senators, certainly won't go for 4. Such a waste of energy trying.

There was one put forth a couple years ago to break it up into 7 different states.
The new one I could back. But it will go nowhere LA and San Fran ain't giving up control of water suply to another state.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle