Bob_Church

ICE and the White House

I've never heard anything about how ICE administrators gets along with Trump. The reason I wonder is that some of these latest deportations look like they might be done to deliberately stir up trouble, like the 43 year old Doctor deported to Poland after living here 40 years and the guy from Detroit who was deported despite living here just about all of his life.

>The reason I wonder is that some of these latest deportations look like they might be done
>to deliberately stir up trouble . . .

I very much doubt it. ICE deports hundreds of thousands of people a year, and in fact that number is falling under Trump. But in those hundreds of thousands of people you will get a few murderers and rapists (which Trump will make a huge deal over) and a few people like Niec and Garcia (which Trump will hope go unnoticed.)

Maybe a "few" murderers and rapists, but many more criminals than that:

2016 Removals Overview

ICE conducted 240,255 removals.
ICE conducted 65,332 removals of individuals apprehended by ICE officers (i.e., interior removals) (Figure 5).
60,318 (92 percent) of all interior removals were previously convicted of a crime.
ICE conducted 174,923 removals of individuals apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.[3]
58 percent of all ICE removals, or 138,669, were previously convicted of a crime.
ICE conducted 60,318 interior criminal removals.
ICE removed 78,351 criminals apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.
99.3 percent of all ICE FY 2016 removals, or 238,466, met one or more of ICE’s stated civil immigration enforcement priorities.[4]
Of the 101,586 aliens removed who had no criminal conviction, 95 percent, or 96,572, were apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.[5]
The leading countries of origin for removals were Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.
2,057 aliens removed by ICE were classified as suspected or confirmed gang members.

SOURCE: https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics/2016

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Admittedly, I am torn on this issue. I would like to see an easier path to entry into this country for those you describe and a better way of keeping the criminals out.

So sayeth the grandson of a true WOP who got deported back to Sicily and then came back through Ellis Island. :)

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

billvon

>Maybe a "few" murderers and rapists, but many more criminals than that:

Yep. And even more hardworking, taxpaying family members. They, of course, don't make the news.

Just to state the obvious, the deportation log will show a greater % of criminals than the illegal immigrant body because doing criminal things draws a bit more attention.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher