ryoder

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

According to The mouth of Sauron Ms. Huckabee Sanders, the claims against Moore are "mere allegation".

Rather like the claims against Bill Clinton that the GOP made a big deal of.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Former Moore colleague: 'Common knowledge' that he dated high school girls
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/359939-former-moore-colleague-common-knowledge-that-he-dated-teen

"It was common knowledge that Roy Moore dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird," Jones told CNN. "We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall ... but you really wouldn't say anything to someone like that."

Yet according to Moore's pastor unless he confesses. He is innocent "because I know him".

Personally, I think the idea of so many Christians being perverts is like prison conversions. It isn't that so many Christians are pulling felonies, just that going to prison is when they convert. A guy I was jumping with since 1982 is now doing 12 to 40 for felonious stupidity with a 12 year old. Now he plays drums in the prison's Christian band.

Hannity faces loss of ad revenue over his support of Roy Moore:

========================
Keurig boycott: Advertisers flee Hannity over Roy Moore comments; fans react

By Geoff Herbert [email protected],
syracuse.com

Fans of Fox News' Sean Hannity are boycotting Keurig after the coffeemaker joined at least five other companies in pulling their advertising from his eponymous TV show.

CNBC reports Keurig, Realtor.com, 23 and Me, Eloquii and Nature's Bounty all said they would stop advertising on "Hannity" after the host's controversial interview with Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore. A Washington Post story last week said Moore had romantic or sexual relationships with four teens, including a 14-year-old girl, when he was in his 30s.

Moore, also known as "The Ten Commandments Judge," has denied allegations of sexual misconduct but told Hannity on Friday he may have dated teenagers at that point in his life. Three women interviewed by the Post said they were between 16 and 18 when Moore pursued them; A fourth, Leigh Corfman, says Moore initiated sexual contact with her when she was 14 and he was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney in Alabama.

"Every single person in this country deserves the presumption of innocence," Hannity said Thursday on his Fox News show. "With the allegations against Judge Moore, none of us know the truth of what happened 38 years ago. The only people that would know are the people involved in this incident."

On his radio show that day, Hannity and his executive producer Lynda McLaughlin said some of the accusers said their encounters were "consensual." On Twitter, Hannity later said he "misspoke" and apologized for suggesting a 14-year-old could consent; in Alabama, the legal age of consent is 16.

Nevertheless, Hannity's defense of Moore sparked social media backlash, and advertisers responded to complaints by vowing not to appear on his Fox News show.

"Thank you for your concern and for bringing this to our attention," Keurig wrote on Twitter to Media Matters for America president Angelo Carusone. "We worked with our media partner and FOX news to stop our ad from airing during the Sean Hannity Show."
=====================

Just for context I went back and looked at pics of my daughter when she was 14. Then I tried to imagine judge Roy at 32 touching her. Every time I tried to imagine it I ended up in jail for murder.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Just for context I went back and looked at pics of my daughter when she was 14. Then I tried to imagine judge Roy at 32 touching her. Every time I tried to imagine it I ended up in jail for murder.

To be fair, the good judge wasn't touching her. He was making her touch him over his underwear, after he got undressed and made her undress to her undies. Quite the prude really.
Remster

Not sure if this should go in the deplorables thread or this one. A reporter for an Alabama paper (and Roy Moore supporter) suggested that sexual assault of a 14 year old was similar to "stealing a lawnmower."

================
Roy Moore backer goes down in flames on CNN by suggesting molesting teens no worse than lawnmower theft

Brad Reed
13 Nov 2017 at 14:44 ET

Brandon Moseley, a writer at the Alabama Political Reporter and a supporter of Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, went down in flames on CNN Monday afternoon when he tried to defend Moore from past allegations that he molested teenage girls.

During an interview with CNN’s Brooke Baldwin, Moseley argued that we shouldn’t hold the allegations of making sexual advances against multiple teens against Moore because lots of people have done bad things before deciding to run for political office. . . .

“If, you know, Roy Moore has stolen a lawnmower when he was 21 that’s bad,” Moseley replied. “But that’s not a reason 50 years later to all of a sudden, you know, throw him off the ballot.”

“Sexual abuse, stealing a lawn mower, let’s not even go there,” said a disgusted Baldwin.
===============

And a fifth woman has come forward, saying that when she was a teen Moore sexually assaulted her, leaving her with bruises on her neck from his attempt to force her down onto his crotch. And this time there is hard evidence that they had a relationship - a comment to her in her yearbook says "To a sweeter more beautiful girl, I could not say Merry Christmas" and is signed by Moore, dated just days before the assault.

================================
New Roy Moore accuser, Beverly Young Nelson, claims he assaulted her in locked car when she was 16

By Ashley Remkus, AL.com
[email protected]

An Alabama woman, Beverly Young Nelson, today accused Roy Moore of groping and assaulting her about 40 years ago when she was 16.

Nelson alleges the assault happened when Moore was a 30-something-year-old prosecutor in the Etowah County District Attorney's Office. Nelson said she met Moore while working as a waitress at the Old Hickory House, a restaurant off U.S. 431 in Gadsden. The city is about 50 miles northeast of Birmingham and has fewer than 40,000 residents.

Nelson said she was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up from work one night when Moore offered to give her a ride home.

"I trusted Mr. Moore because he was a district attorney," Nelson said.

When Nelson got in Moore's car, she said he drove behind the restaurant and parked near a dumpster instead of taking her home. Nelson said Moore groped her and tried to force her head onto his crotch. Nelson says she yelled and tried to leave the car, but Moore locked the door.

"I was not going to allow him to force me to have sex with him," Nelson said. "I was terrified. I thought he was going to rape me. At some point, he gave up."

Nelson said before Moore opened the door -- at which point she either fell out or he pushed her out -- he told her: "You're just a child and I am the District Attorney of Etowah County, and if you tell anyone about this, no one will ever believe you."
===========================================

billvon

Not sure if this should go in the deplorables thread or this one. A reporter for an Alabama paper (and Roy Moore supporter) suggested that sexual assault of a 14 year old was similar to "stealing a lawnmower."

================
Roy Moore backer goes down in flames on CNN by suggesting molesting teens no worse than lawnmower theft

Brad Reed
13 Nov 2017 at 14:44 ET

Brandon Moseley, a writer at the Alabama Political Reporter and a supporter of Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, went down in flames on CNN Monday afternoon when he tried to defend Moore from past allegations that he molested teenage girls.

During an interview with CNN’s Brooke Baldwin, Moseley argued that we shouldn’t hold the allegations of making sexual advances against multiple teens against Moore because lots of people have done bad things before deciding to run for political office. . . .

“If, you know, Roy Moore has stolen a lawnmower when he was 21 that’s bad,” Moseley replied. “But that’s not a reason 50 years later to all of a sudden, you know, throw him off the ballot.”

“Sexual abuse, stealing a lawn mower, let’s not even go there,” said a disgusted Baldwin.
===============

Its the Christian right in Alabama. Why should anyone be surprised.

I love Trump's response to this.

As a review, at 3:04pm EST on October 31st, the attack in New York occurred. At 5:30pm EST Trump sent out this tweet: "In NYC, looks like another attack by a very sick and deranged person. Law enforcement is following this closely. NOT IN THE U.S.A.!" An hour later he called for "extreme vetting." A few days later he called for the death penalty.

And when you look at the timeline between Wikileaks feeding info about Clinton to his campaign and his tweets, he often tweets hours (in some cases minutes) after receiving the information.* In addition, he often tweets on topics minutes after Fox and Friends brings them up on their show.**

But what about this issue, an issue that will almost certainly affect Alabama in a big way?

"I've been with you folks so I haven't gotten to see too much. And believe it or not even when I am in Washington and New York I do not watch much television. I know they like to say, people that don't know me like to say I watch television. But I don’t get to watch much television. Primarily because of documents. I’m reading documents. A lot."

I love it. "Yeah, uh, I really don't know anything about it. Roy who? Yeah, well, I'll get back to you on that. Would be premature to say anything until the investigation is completed. Got a lot of reading of 'documents' to do. Maybe when I release my tax returns I'll say something." (<- paraphrase)

* - Trump tweeted about Clinton hacked emails 15 minutes after WikiLeaks requested his Trump Jr to do so, on Oct 12 2016.

** - Oct 18 2017. Fox & Friends, 6:08 am, talks about Democrats obstructing new tax bill. Trump, 6:38 a.m., tweets "the Democrats will only vote for tax increases. Hopefully all Senate republicans will vote for the largest tax cut in US history."

billvon

Hannity faces loss of ad revenue over his support of Roy Moore:
etc......

Seems Volvo has also pulled their ads from Hannity.

Will Al-Abama Volvo owners now trash their cars?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well given that Volvo is a Chinese company and trump has given the green light that China is now good. Good to take advantage of the US market. Good to manipulate its currency vr world currencies.

I'd have expected more advertising on the whole Fox-Breitebart, group of companies.

RMK

Yes, Volvo doesn't have a pickup truck in their vehicle lineup.

Here's some Moore backing from over 50 Alabama pastors:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alabama-clergy-supporting-roy-moore-show-crisis-in_us_5a0a5590e4b0065239218392

A more accurate headline would read: "More than 50 Alabama pastors sign a letter supporting someone credibly accused of sexual abuse and/or harassment of a minor, thus publicly sacrificing Christian morality on the altar of politics."

Above from the first tweet in the story. Its a good summation of the hypocrisy of the Christian right. A GREAT example as to why so many walk away from the church. A outstanding reason why there needs to be a WALL between religion and the state.