sudo242

Metal Meltdown - just shut up and listen...

I'm sorry, I was drunk when I posted the link. But on the other hand, listening to some music is a better use of bandwidth than reading the mindless drivel that you people spew on this forum. Did you ever stop to think about the damage you are doing to the reputation of skydiving? That is all this forum does. Ruin all of our reputations. You are proving that the typical skydiver is about as smart as a bag of hammers by posting the nonsense I see on here.

No one gives a shit about this forum, it has zero impact on our reputation, we fuck that up just fine in real life. :P

Every online forum, for every hobby and activity, that isn't moderated to be strictly on topic, has a similar group of characters yelling and screaming just like this.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

...Every online forum, for every hobby and activity, that isn't moderated to be strictly on topic, has a similar group of characters yelling and screaming just like this.

And many of the moderated ones have an "Off Topic" forum for this sort of "Screaming and Yelling." At least the car ones I'm on do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

sudo242

I'm sorry, I was drunk when I posted the link. But on the other hand, listening to some music is a better use of bandwidth than reading the mindless drivel that you people spew on this forum. Did you ever stop to think about the damage you are doing to the reputation of skydiving? That is all this forum does. Ruin all of our reputations. You are proving that the typical skydiver is about as smart as a bag of hammers by posting the nonsense I see on here.

Start here:
http://www.iep.utm.edu/aris-pol/

Then understand how democracy and psychology interact:
https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/volume-30/june-2017/democracy-danger

Sudo,

While a fair bit of what is posted in Speakers Corner is stultifying, to put it mildly, there is also a fair bit of incisive, original thinking. The problem, in my opinion, is that too much good thinking is wasted by letting a few real petunias troll the conversations again and again. Then it becomes boring and a total waste of time, for sure.

I am most certainly not opposed to drunk posting so I personally think no apology is necessary. However, it does seem reasonable to expect that strong opinions that question the character and intelligence of others (again, no objection here) should be made in the open. Otherwise it comes off as just another sock puppet whining and moaning from the safety of secrecy.

So...speaking of petunias....

Seems a rather judgemental and childish approach to me.
If someone has to resort to name calling before having the conversation...there is no conversation.
Now back to your moaning from your safe zone I guess.

>But on the other hand, listening to some music is a better use of bandwidth than reading
>the mindless drivel that you people spew on this forum.

I am always amused by the people who post things like "the typical skydiver is about as smart as a bag of hammers" and then complain about "senseless drivel" on this forum.