gowlerk

Prepper? Costco and Sam's ready to take your money

Maybe they won't sell you the AR-15s you need. But they will stock you up on vittles.

http://time.com/money/5193154/costco-doomsday-preparation-emergency-food-kit/?xid=homepage

https://www.costco.com/Nutristore-1-YEAR-Premium-Food-Kit-36%2c000-Servings.product.100302316.html

Marketing at it's finest. And if I know Costco, probably at a huge savings compared to prepper specialty stores.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I find these offerings amusing. I've been reading Selco on survival for a few years now. He is a man who survived the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina. His main theme is that whatever you have planned will be of no use, at least not for long. You have to learn to live on a day by day basis as a savage hunter.

"A country boy can survive." ~Hank Williams, Jr
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I find these offerings amusing. I've been reading Selco on survival for a few years now. He is a man who survived the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina. His main theme is that whatever you have planned will be of no use, at least not for long. You have to learn to live on a day by day basis as a savage hunter.

Jr would be in severe DT’s with in the first week of chaos. He’s nothing but a gutter alcoholic.

Ph balanced water

I bought some "distilled spring water" recently.
What's the difference between distilled spring water and distilled toilet water?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

What's the difference between distilled spring water and distilled toilet water?

FYI - Only if the water was sourced between March 22 and June 22 can distilled toilet water be referred to as distilled spring water. :)
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jclalor

It’s a funny thing you mention Cosco, I was there yesterday and couldn’t believe they had the nerve to be selling Ph balanced water.

Well, there's 'just a little bit' of marketing hype attached to bottled water.

"Hydrogenated" water, "Alkaline" water, "Deep Ocean" water, "Raw" water, "Hexagonal" water, the list goes on and on.

Barnum was right.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

chutem

This could also be a play for Mormon business as they are big on having a food supply on hand.

Yeh, but I doubt they'd be interested in paying that much markup. I didn't do it with these but a few years back there was one of these packages for sale and they listed all the contents. You could put it together yourself for pennies on the dollar. I think the Mormons tend to be pros at this stuff and this is aimed strictly at amateurs.

Bob_Church

Ph balanced water

Wendy P.

"What? You mean water, like out of the toilet?"

But there aren't any electrolytes in that.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jclalor

***I find these offerings amusing. I've been reading Selco on survival for a few years now. He is a man who survived the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina. His main theme is that whatever you have planned will be of no use, at least not for long. You have to learn to live on a day by day basis as a savage hunter.

Jr would be in severe DT’s with in the first week of chaos. He’s nothing but a gutter alcoholic.

You assume he knows nothing about making alcohol. It is pretty easy.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

thetreehugger

My favourite quote in the item description on Costco website:

"Packaged discreetly for privacy in shipping."

:D Yeah because nothing says "discreet" like 4 giant pallets of cardboard boxes arriving on your doorstep. :D

But surely they'd be in plain brown wrappers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***My favourite quote in the item description on Costco website:

"Packaged discreetly for privacy in shipping."

:D Yeah because nothing says "discreet" like 4 giant pallets of cardboard boxes arriving on your doorstep. :D

But surely they'd be in plain brown wrappers.

There were people at Seigfred who had standing requests for computer boxes. They were well made boxes but they were welcome to them. When we moved or just moved stuff into the house I wanted government cheese and disposable diaper boxes. I didn't need people watching us carry in boxes that had held expensive electronics.

ryoder

Ph balanced water

Wendy P.

"What? You mean water, like out of the toilet?"

But there aren't any electrolytes in that.[:/]

"Water? Never touch the stuff. Fish fuck in it."
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

wolfriverjoe

***It’s a funny thing you mention Cosco, I was there yesterday and couldn’t believe they had the nerve to be selling Ph balanced water.

Well, there's 'just a little bit' of marketing hype attached to bottled water.

"Hydrogenated" water, "Alkaline" water, "Deep Ocean" water, "Raw" water, "Hexagonal" water, the list goes on and on.

Barnum was right.

THIS begs ANOTHER topic of "Dead Water". No seriously ;)

I like that Costco has done the difficult math for the preppers:

"12 month 4 person / 6 month 8 person / 3 month 16 person variations of use"

Here let me have a go: I guess 1.5 months if you have 32 people?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"