Hooknswoop

Minimum Age To Buy Firearms?

rushmc

Anytime you're in the mood for a bitch slapping please come back. I really enjoy it!

Here, here, just for you Kevin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwfuUyTMpVY

I recognize that the consequences of Mr. trump seizing guns, then going to court would upset his supporters. That it appears as if Mueller is now into the Erik Prince, Seychelles meeting. As such his report will likely coincide with midterms.

That with this weeks new Florida laws, new midterm democrat representatives overseeing a Mueller report. This year may see the end of trump. But I digress.

Gun owners should be able to control their emotions, be stable and slow to anger. Thats why concealed carry and road rage is a dangerous combination. I appreciate your illustrative example as to why unlimited second amendment rights can be dangerous.

....so....are...we still friends!!!B|

And now the NRA are suing Florida for trying to enact some form of control. (How dare they??!)

Among the reasons they cite is 'violating the constitutional rights of women (specifically) because they are less likely to commit violent acts with firearms'.

:S

The NRA really are scum, and I'm sorry, if you support them you're scum by association. There are right ways and wrong ways to defend constitutional rights - the NRA steps over those lines so often that it's crazy.

yoink

And now the NRA are suing Florida for trying to enact some form of control. (How dare they??!)

Among the reasons they cite is 'violating the constitutional rights of women (specifically) because they are less likely to commit violent acts with firearms'.

The NRA really are scum, and I'm sorry, if you support them you're scum by association. There are right ways and wrong ways to defend constitutional rights - the NRA steps over those lines so often that it's crazy.

There are plenty of folks who support the NRA and do not agree with every action they take.

It is sad that you consider them/us all scum.

chutem

***And now the NRA are suing Florida for trying to enact some form of control. (How dare they??!)

There are plenty of folks who support the NRA and do not agree with every action they take.

If you support them by donating, using their services etc you support EVERTHING they do, whether you intend to or not. Unless I'm misunderstanding and the amount you pay by membership is determined by each specific action they take...?

You don't get to give them everything they ask for then say 'but I don't support all of the stuff they say or do'. Yes. You do. By definition.

Like I said, I'm not against the idea of defending the rights of citizens, but not the way they do it. If you disagree with actions they take then stop supporting them. What's sad is that you can deceive yourself into thinking that you can pick and choose how much you support the NRA.

They are first and foremost a marketing company, not a civil rights one.

Yes, my money supports everything they do. That does not mean I agree with everything they do.

If you are calling me and millions scum for this then Fuck You you self righteous ass.

I guess in your world it is only acceptable to donate to organizations that you agree with 100% on everything?

chutem

Yes, my money supports everything they do. That does not mean I agree with everything they do.

If you are calling me and millions scum for this then Fuck You you self righteous ass.

I guess in your world it is only acceptable to donate to organizations that you agree with 100% on everything?

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of donating to them but saying you don't support everything they do. You're lying to yourself - You ARE supporting everything they do. If I'm self-righteous then you're self-delusional.

In my world by donating to an organization you are approving of every action they take because there is no way you have any control over them. If you don't like the risk of that association you shouldn't donate, or if an organization starts doing shit you don't approve of then you should stop donating.

There's no bumper sticker that says 'Proud NRA Member (except in the case of x, y and z - in that case I'm totally against them!).' Maybe there should be...

You win, one can never donate money to an organization they don't agree with 100% on everything.

If being a member of the NRA makes me scum "in your world" then scum I am.

I bet there is a lot of scum at the DZ you jump at, maybe next time your there you should explain to them what scum they are face to face.

I'd be OK with that. If that's makes me a self-righteous asshole in your world, then I can live with that too.

All I ask is that you're honest with yourself. If you're happy saying 'I support the NRA' then you don't get to say 'except in these cases'.

chutem

We live in an age where anyone who votes differently doesn't have a different opinion, they're stupid. Seeing anything with more than Yes or No Good Or Bad is a fading remnant of the past.

yoink

Actually those who espoused opinions like you did here are the real scum. But that's for another thread.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

I'd be OK with that. If that's makes me a self-righteous asshole in your world, then I can live with that too.

All I ask is that you're honest with yourself. If you're happy saying 'I support the NRA' then you don't get to say 'except in these cases'.

I am happy! And I am glad I don't live in the world you do!
Abraham Lincoln

You need to understand that you calling me scum because I support the NRA is like the Medal of Honor. So, I thank you!
Abraham Lincoln

No one said scum, but yes, you are allowed to question peoples upholding of whatever beliefs when they seem to contradict other things they say or do.

So while you disagree with some of the NRA decision and positions are you actually doing anything about it? Did you write letters or call them to object? Or are you happy with the rhetoric as long as you get what you need out of the organization - which is a fairly common flaw in humankind.

Catholics that are still going to church when the organization allowed and condoned sexual assault on a grand scale for decades, if not centuries is one grand example.

your position would be solidified if you also provided an example of something you personally did you demonstrate your objections to what the NRA does/did, otherwise, yes you are seen as a supporter, if not enabler of their more-shitty policies. And people will criticise you for that as hypocrisy and/or paradox

No 0ne said scum,

Well you say that......

Derek V

What thread to put this amusing little tidbit in? Probably not this one. But what the hell, it involves an underage person shooting a parent. It's kind of ho hum because no one was killed. Just another day in the USA.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/us/toddler-accidentally-shoots-mom-trnd/index.html
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.