winsor

Legalize Laudanum

In keeping with my recommendation of legalizing anything that is not measurably worse than alcohol or tobacco, I submit that legalizing Laudanum would provide a means of getting a handle on the opiate crisis.

The reality is that the negative aspects of narcotics are only exacerbated by proscription. The high price from prohibition makes injection the preferred way to wring the most efficacy from the least amount of the drug, as well as making the highest potency variants (Fentanyl, Heroin, Carfentanyl) the way to make the most money from the least amount of product.

If one takes a tablespoon too much of Laudanum, they'll generally vomit before overdosing. This is not always the case, but it's reportedly hard to retch the excess from any parenteral overdose.

I opine that booze, dope and tobacco suck out loud. That being said, their prohibition is just that much worse.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

In keeping with my recommendation of legalizing anything that is not measurably worse than alcohol or tobacco, I submit that legalizing Laudanum would provide a means of getting a handle on the opiate crisis.

The reality is that the negative aspects of narcotics are only exacerbated by proscription. The high price from prohibition makes injection the preferred way to wring the most efficacy from the least amount of the drug, as well as making the highest potency variants (Fentanyl, Heroin, Carfentanyl) the way to make the most money from the least amount of product.

If one takes a tablespoon too much of Laudanum, they'll generally vomit before overdosing. This is not always the case, but it's reportedly hard to retch the excess from any parenteral overdose.

I opine that booze, dope and tobacco suck out loud. That being said, their prohibition is just that much worse.

BSBD,

Winsor

+1
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy