Bob_Church

The Great White is going down. Weinstein to face charges

Why was this thread moved to Speakers Corner? I'm trying to post to the appropriate forums, something I've been bad about in the past, but this really seemed like Bonfire material. It's ok, I just wonder why so I can try to figure it out next time.

Bob_Church

Why was this thread moved to Speakers Corner? I'm trying to post to the appropriate forums, something I've been bad about in the past, but this really seemed like Bonfire material. It's ok, I just wonder why so I can try to figure it out next time.

I have yet to find any written rules on "Bonfire appropriate" vs "Speaker's Corner material".

One 'rule of thumb' that seems to be pretty valid is to ask yourself: "If this subject was brought up in a bar, how likely would a fight be? Anything that would end up in a "raised voice argument" or worse goes in SC.

I have found that if I'm not sure, I can PM Billvon. He usually responds fairly quickly.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Bob_Church

I think it is all in your point of view.
When I saw it I was wondering "Why is this in BF"?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wolfriverjoe

One 'rule of thumb' that seems to be pretty valid is to ask yourself: "If this subject was brought up in a bar, how likely would a fight be?

So, definitely any discussion of whether country music sucks, yeah?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

DanG

As well as discussions about whether a given set of pants makes a given ass look fat.

How is that even a discussion?

Do these pants make my ass look fat?

There are only two acceptable responses:

1. "No." (This is the correct answer in the case that your ass does not appear fat.)

2. "No." (This is the correct answer in the case that the pants are not to blame for your ass appearing fat.)

Any response other than one of these two is incorrect. For best results, do not elaborate (although appending a "my dear" probably won't hurt).
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

You're just saying that because you know I'm sensitive about my weight! I can never get a straight answer out of you, you just tell me what I want to hear. You've never really respected me. But I bet you respect that young hottie in Accounting you're always working overtime with! (sobs)

- Dan G

DanG

You're just saying that because you know I'm sensitive about my weight! I can never get a straight answer out of you, you just tell me what I want to hear. You've never really respected me. But I bet you respect that young hottie in Accounting you're always working overtime with! (sobs)

You just don't get women. At this point you gently ask her if she's having her period and remind her that she always gets this way that time of the month.

jcd11235

***As well as discussions about whether a given set of pants makes a given ass look fat.

How is that even a discussion?

Do these pants make my ass look fat?

There are only two acceptable responses:

1. "No." (This is the correct answer in the case that your ass does not appear fat.)

2. "No." (This is the correct answer in the case that the pants are not to blame for your ass appearing fat.)

Any response other than one of these two is incorrect. For best results, do not elaborate (although appending a "my dear" probably won't hurt).

Nope.

Answer with "Take the pants off."

Follow up with"I don't think you are fat. In order to see if those pants make your butt look fat, then I have to compare the view with and without pants. Then and only then can I tell you if those pants make your butt look fat."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

Cosby strung it out for several years.
But he was only facing one trial.

Weinstein is facing the current charges, but is also under investigation in several other jurisdictions.

Typically, they take turns on this sort of thing. Sometimes, if the sentence handed down in an earlier trial is severe enough, they will charge the suspect (for Statute of Limitations reasons) but not try him.

And Weinstein is on some sort of 'monitoring' while out on bail. Most likely the typical GPS based ankle bracelet. While it wouldn't be impossible for him to cut and run, it would not be easy. Or cheap.

wolfriverjoe

Cosby strung it out for several years.

Weinstein is facing the current charges, but is also under investigation in several other jurisdictions.

Typically, they take turns on this sort of thing. Sometimes, if the sentence handed down in an earlier trial is severe enough, they will charge the suspect (for Statute of Limitations reasons) but not try him.

And Weinstein is on some sort of 'monitoring' while out on bail. Most likely the typical GPS based ankle bracelet. While it wouldn't be impossible for him to cut and run, it would not be easy. Or cheap.

Roman Polanksi keeps ducking his calls.

Bob_Church

***Cosby strung it out for several years.

Very true. That was also 40+ years ago.

The ability to track people has greatly improved.

And I'm going to guess that prosecutors are well aware of the potential for flight. He reportedly surrendered his passport. Not that he couldn't have a fake identity set up and ready to go, but even that is nowhere near as easy as it was in the past (despite all the spam posts about getting fake ones on here :P).

wolfriverjoe

******Cosby strung it out for several years.

Very true. That was also 40+ years ago.

The ability to track people has greatly improved.

And I'm going to guess that prosecutors are well aware of the potential for flight. He reportedly surrendered his passport. Not that he couldn't have a fake identity set up and ready to go, but even that is nowhere near as easy as it was in the past (despite all the spam posts about getting fake ones on here :P).

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to use Polanski as a counter argument. I just thought the image was funny.

No worries or need to apologize.

The Polanski case is a good example of why they should take great care in releasing Weinstein on bail.

But it appears that the prosecution is well aware of it and are taking appropriate precautions.

wolfriverjoe

No worries or need to apologize.

The Polanski case is a good example of why they should take great care in releasing Weinstein on bail.

But it appears that the prosecution is well aware of it and are taking appropriate precautions.

I can't see him disappearing in today's connected world, and he's from the US (I think) so it's not like his home country would shelter him. But yeh, he's very rich so they know he could at least stall and embarrass them so they're being careful.
And he has nothing to lose. He surely knows how bad prison will be for him.

He may well think he can 'beat the rap.'

After all, it's mostly a question of 'he said, she said.'

I don't think he can. I think the atmosphere has changed, and changed radically.

Well a grand jury has indicted him.

1st & 3rd degree rape, criminal sexual act in the 1st degree.

I find it despicable that he claims it wasn't rape because he had consensual sex with them before the rapes.