jclalor

Trumps Memorial Day Tweet

If this doesn’t show how selfish and disinterested our President is in our military, nothing will.

[/url]https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/389630-veterans-group-rips-trump-tweet-self-promotion-on-memorial-day%3famp[url]

Whatever. If Trump tweeted that Jesus was a false savior, Russian communism is way of the future, and all marriages going forward would be gay marriages you'd find a way to agree with him.

I'm happy that you've found a new savior that you can pledge unconditional loyalty to.

- Dan G

RonD1120

As a veteran who voted for him, it made sense to me.

For God and country.

He's violated just about every commandment. He seems to only worship himself and money.

Trump is a draft dodger. 'Cadet Bone Spurs' sure seems to be fine now.

He's also sold out to both Russia and China. So much for 'freedom and democracy."

But I'm not surprised you still support him.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

He sent out two tweets.

The first one used Memorial Day to toot his own horn and try to shore up his flagging support. It was about Trump, not about people who have died for this country.

The second one used Memorial Day to sell stuff on his website.

If that's what Memorial Day means to you, then we will have to agree to disagree on its meaning.

RonD1120

I referred to the original post. I do not follow Tweets at all.

You posted a tweet - and it happened to be the one in which he used Memorial Day to tout his own accomplishments, and stroke his own ego.

Again, if you think that's why Americans died defending this country, then we think very differently.

DanG

So how do you feel about the second tweet, using Memorial Day to make a profit?

Mixed feelings. How about skydiving or Bar-B-Queing and getting drunk on Memorial Day?

The only way to truly observe the day is to attend a ceremony. After that, what matters?

What about the way you people view and celebrate Easter?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jclalor

***I referred to the original post. I do not follow Tweets at all.

Where does he refer to God?

He didn't, I did.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

***I referred to the original post. I do not follow Tweets at all.

You posted a tweet - and it happened to be the one in which he used Memorial Day to tout his own accomplishments, and stroke his own ego.

Again, if you think that's why Americans died defending this country, then we think very differently.

I believe they fought for freedom to produce a secure country and a good if not robust economy. President Trump has to promote his accomplishments. The MSM certainly will not do it.

RonD1120

***So how do you feel about the second tweet, using Memorial Day to make a profit?

Mixed feelings. How about skydiving or Bar-B-Queing and getting drunk on Memorial Day?

The only way to truly observe the day is to attend a ceremony. After that, what matters?

What about the way you people view and celebrate Easter?

I wonder if Obama had done that if you would have "mixed feelings" :P

>I believe they fought for freedom to produce a secure country and a good if not robust economy.

There ya go.

I think Memorial Day is a day to remember the people who died defending this country's Constitution and core principles - freedom, a fair justice system and a representative system of government.

You believe they died for good - if not excellent - sales numbers.

We will agree to disagree.

Individuals doing stuff like that is fine.

The president and commander in chief using the sacrifice of fellow Americans to make a profit is abhorrent.

I own a small business. I briefly considered a Memorial Day sale. And by briefly I mean it took me about two seconds to be disappointed in myself for even thinking about it.

But then again I don't feel the need to look at everything with your What Would Trump Do glasses.

- Dan G

DanG

...The president and commander in chief using the sacrifice of fellow Americans to make a profit is abhorrent...

And tell everyone what a great job he's doing.

Don't forget that part.

As I said above, the only thing he cares about are money and himself.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

DanG

I agree that the tweet bragging about his accomplishments was inappropriate.

The tweet hawking his Chinese made wares was beyond the pale.

I fully agree.

But the most disheartening part about it is how the Trumpettes, who claim to be 'patriotic Americans" don't care.

A close second is that, among his many 'accomplishments', this is pretty minor.

This is where Trump's assistants earn every penny they make. They're in a can't win situation. Anything he says is going to sound bad coming from him and his background. But not saying anything is going to be ever worse. Well, probably. But either way, I'd want a huge paycheck for that job, the sort that lets you resign at the end of his term and hide on some island paradise for the rest of your life.