Bob_Church

The downside to Summer

Bob_Church

Or whatever time of year this is. Rain. All day tomorrow calls for rain.
Don't the clouds know I want to jump?

Are you new?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Bob_Church

******Or whatever time of year this is. Rain. All day tomorrow calls for rain.

Are you new?

To what?

Dealing with weather.....usually outside of SC. Rookies complain about weather. Experienced skydivers generally let it slide like water off a duck's back.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

*********Or whatever time of year this is. Rain. All day tomorrow calls for rain.

Are you new?

To what?

Dealing with weather.....usually outside of SC. Rookies complain about weather. Experienced skydivers generally let it slide like water off a duck's back.

Usually, yes, but one thing that hasn't changed in 40 years is the best way to guarantee rain. Plan on meeting up with old friends that you haven't seen for years for some catching up.

Edit: Now we get to spend the day on the porch telling each other the same stories and jokes that we've told each other hundreds of times before.
We *NEED* altitude.

Bob_Church

Usually, yes, but one thing that hasn't changed in 40 years is the best way to guarantee rain. Plan on meeting up with old friends that you haven't seen for years for some catching up.

Edit: Now we get to spend the day on the porch telling each other the same stories and jokes that we've told each other hundreds of times before.
We *NEED* altitude.

Don't worry;
Once you all get older, these stories will all be new to you!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Bob_Church

************Or whatever time of year this is. Rain. All day tomorrow calls for rain.

Are you new?

To what?

We *NEED* altitude.

Our DZ brought in a Flight-1 course conductor for the 201 and 202 this weekend. It's been a 200 ft ceiling for the last 48 hours. It's expected to clear Sunday morning. With 30 mph winds.

I went home.

gowlerk

***************Or whatever time of year this is. Rain. All day tomorrow calls for rain.

Are you new?

To what?

We *NEED* altitude.

Our DZ brought in a Flight-1 course conductor for the 201 and 202 this weekend. It's been a 200 ft ceiling for the last 48 hours. It's expected to clear Sunday morning. With 30 mph winds.

I went home.

I've had farmers try to pay me to schedule one of my reunions during a drought and the local chamber of commerce has rescheduled parades when they found out I had a demo somewhere nearby.

"Our DZ brought in a Flight-1 course conductor for the 201 and 202 this weekend. It's been a 200 ft ceiling for the last 48 hours. It's expected to clear Sunday morning. With 30 mph winds.

I went home. "

Ouch. All that work and not even enough altitude to get your hopes up.

ryoder

We *NEED* altitude.

Don't worry;
Once you all get older, these stories will all be new to you!:D

We used to talk a lot about moving to Marietta Oh when we retired not any more. I think the main reason Gwyn is avoiding it is because it's in Washington County. Ted used to manage the Washington County Home there and one day after a couple of demos we jumped in. The people who stay there loved it and also enjoyed watching us pack in the hallway.
Gwyn is afraid that if we move to Washington County something will happen and we'll end up in the County Home, then .... every ... single....evening .... as we sit down in the cafeteria for dinner she'll hear me start in with "did I ever tell you folks about the time I skydived into here? No, seriously, I packed my parachute right over there." and so forth and so on.

Hmm I'm just an AFF student, but I now realise how stupid it was of me to start AFF in winter (down under). The last two days I've made time to continue jumping, the DZ has been closed for student jumps. I'm worried about currency now, I haven't jumped for a week, and the rest of the week looks just as "terrible" as today (I thought today was fine, but of course I'm not gonna jump when they tell me no :ph34r:)

Hopefully I don't need to repeat AFF1.... I'm still apprehensive about jumping, so there was a little relief, but that soon got quickly replaced by lengthy disappointment!

JamesBond

Hmm I'm just an AFF student, but I now realise how stupid it was of me to start AFF in winter (down under). The last two days I've made time to continue jumping, the DZ has been closed for student jumps. I'm worried about currency now, I haven't jumped for a week, and the rest of the week looks just as "terrible" as today (I thought today was fine, but of course I'm not gonna jump when they tell me no :ph34r:)

Hopefully I don't need to repeat AFF1.... I'm still apprehensive about jumping, so there was a little relief, but that soon got quickly replaced by lengthy disappointment!

If it's any consolation the weather gods will mess with you all year round.

Two old sayings for those in recovery:

1. Learn to live life on life's terms.

2. If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.