wmw999

LSD

jcd11235

***Is there an actual known lethal dose of LSD?

Not according to Erowid. One estimate suggested (quoting from memory, because I've already closed the tab) "far above 20 mg, taken orally." Clearly I've never treated this as a front burner project! :D

fanya

Most I've taken is ~750 mics.

I've taken lots of hits at once, but I have no idea what the actual dosage was. I was too far removed from the chemists.

fanya

My most influential trips have been by myself. Deeply introspective. Most of its use has been recreational though.

Same here.

I concur.

Michael Duncan, founder of the Morningstar Commune in Rio Hondo NM, gave me a dose on blotter paper that was larger than a half dollar.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*********I've been waiting 25 years for flashbacks everyone warned me about. I'm starting to get impatient.

It has been said that Steve Jobs said that taking LSD was one of the two or three most important things he had done in his life. Apocryphal or not, I can relate to, and agree with, the sentiment.*

In the other thread, where I posted another Jobs quote, he mentioned that you can't remember that world when you come back to this one. In my experience, it's difficult, but not impossible. It's extremely easy to forget to try.

I've dosed with people plenty of times when I was younger, but the trips that I recall all of these years later almost all involved me taking a big dose and going off to be alone in a safe space with appropriate music.

A lot of people can't handle being alone after a big dose. It makes one too introspective. Letting go and trusting the drug … euphoric cerebral adventures through my own mind, thoughts, and memories, I can't think of a more enjoyable way to spend an evening. Sadly, it's been many years.

I was once attending an aircraft weight and balance class. The instructor, who had a reputation for being difficult with respect to his personality. It was a class of 12-16, I think. The instructor walks in and asks, "Who here knows what lysergic acid diethylamide is?" Except he pronounced it lysergic acid diethylameedee. I raised my hand (a bit confused, but I'd just passed a drug test to get into the class). He looked at me, nodded, and moved straight to the material of the class.

Shortly after I moved to Deland in 2001, I was in the trailer park with Air Jose. I had notice some fire ants or some other native wild life near by. Jose said something to the effect of, "you've dropped acid in the past two years, haven't you?" After I admitted having done so, he claimed he could usually tell. It seemed to him that people are more curious about the world around them for a couple years after an acid trip, and it shows.

I recall reading a counterculture giant (Hunter S. Thompson?) talk about, when the time came, he wanted to go out with a syringe full of LSD. That would suit me just fine. Not that I'm in any sort of hurry, but I can't think of a better way to leave this world.

*An anesthesiologist administered ketamine trip would also be a top-3 life experience.

Despite your criticisms of me, we seem to have a lot in common. I am familiar with both of the aforementioned substances.

Then please explain how it is that you are so uptight, unimaginative and stuck in your ways. You come off like someones wired tight Christian Uncle not someone who has really seen the light.

I will address your question in three aspects.

First, I am not uptight. I have peace of mind in terms of Whose I am in relation to other persons.

Second, my imagination, no doubt, travels in a different realm than yours or some others here in the SC. I am concerned with the spiritual matters. That is how my spirit interfaces with the Holy Spirit and how do I broaden that interface. I realize that not many have the same interests. I am intrigued by those who do.

And lastly, I am stuck in my ways because I was and am born again in Christ. I have received distinct experiences that have confirmed my place in God's will for my life. My rewards strengthen my motivation to continue in the direction I chose.

I hope that helps.

Jesus Christ provides salvation to your suffering and condemnation by His shed blood on the cross. If you think you are strong enough on your own you will not turn to Him. I wasn't and I did.

Baloney. Seriously, you should open a delicatessen the way you serve it up.

>:(
wmw999

Someone suggested a thread for the discussion of LSD and its effects. Given the new LSD therapy that’s being tried for depression (I’m sure among other things), sounds pretty timely to me.

I only did it a few times; it lasts way longer than usual in me apparently (visual hallucinations 18 hours later still), so it seemed smart to quit. Not life-changing, other than that I can still make the sky turn pink sometimes :$. My best memory is of floating in the air behind my boyfriend as we walked down the street.

But it’s an interesting thought that it can be used to build thought channels.

Wendy P.

I can not believe you are talking about taking drugs on a open public forum. People (wuffos) already think we are crazy to jump out of perfectly good airplanes and they read a thread about taking drugs. I notified two different moderators about this and nothing. You should be ashamed of your selves for talking about drug use on a public forum>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

I notified two different moderators about this and nothing.

'Cos it isn't against the rules. Plus, this forum isn't visible to unregistered users. Plus, who cares what some other random internet non-jumpers think?

Anyway, anyone who doesn't think there are a bunch of skydivers who use drugs is a moron. Anyone who doesn't think there are a bunch of insert-literally-any-demographic-on-the-planet who use drugs is a moron.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I notified two different moderators about this and nothing.

'Cos it isn't against the rules. Plus, this forum isn't visible to unregistered users. Plus, who cares what some other random internet non-jumpers think?

Anyway, anyone who doesn't think there are a bunch of skydivers who use drugs is a moron. Anyone who doesn't think there are a bunch of insert-literally-any-demographic-on-the-planet who use drugs is a moron.

are you serious? common sense should tell you not to talk about drug use on an open forum and you do not have to register to see the forums. rules or not i would think adults have enough common sense not to talk about drug use on an open forum. And your comment about being a moron for not thinking skydivers take drugs is something a moron would say. Public image can make or break our sport. I ask that you think about what you put on public forums.

skyderrill66

>:(***Someone suggested a thread for the discussion of LSD and its effects. Given the new LSD therapy that’s being tried for depression (I’m sure among other things), sounds pretty timely to me.

I only did it a few times; it lasts way longer than usual in me apparently (visual hallucinations 18 hours later still), so it seemed smart to quit. Not life-changing, other than that I can still make the sky turn pink sometimes :$. My best memory is of floating in the air behind my boyfriend as we walked down the street.

Wendy P.

I can not believe you are talking about taking drugs on a open public forum. People (wuffos) already think we are crazy to jump out of perfectly good airplanes and they read a thread about taking drugs. I notified two different moderators about this and nothing. You should be ashamed of your selves for talking about drug use on a public forum>:(>:(

Overreact much?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***>:(***Someone suggested a thread for the discussion of LSD and its effects. Given the new LSD therapy that’s being tried for depression (I’m sure among other things), sounds pretty timely to me.

Wendy P.

I can not believe you are talking about taking drugs on a open public forum. People (wuffos) already think we are crazy to jump out of perfectly good airplanes and they read a thread about taking drugs. I notified two different moderators about this and nothing. You should be ashamed of your selves for talking about drug use on a public forum>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Overreact much?only when it comes to protecting the sport i love.

skyderrill66

Ok i will get over myself. i will be reading your incident report on you bouncing because you were high on drugs.>:( moron

Note that you are the first person in this thread to imply anyone was skydiving while on drugs. Gotta love hypocrisy, right?

Common sense should tell you not to talk about drug use on an open forum

Common sense would tell you no-one else cares and it makes no difference to anything.

and you do not have to register to see the forums.

You do for this one. Try it. Log out and see if you can find this post. Spoiler alert - nope.

skyderrill66

Ok i will get over myself. i will be reading your incident report on you bouncing because you were high on drugs.>:( moron

Dude! What the fuck are you thinking suggesting people are skydiving while high on drugs? What if some non-jumpers saw it and thought we were all suicidal lunatics jumping out of aeroplanes while goofing our tits off?

No-one else in this thread has suggested that any one here would jump while high - why are you bringing it up? Where's your freakin' common sense?

:D

skyderrill66

...on an open forum and you do not have to register to see the forums...

Log out and look at the main forum index. You can't access this forum without being logged in.

Incidents used to be similar (it was invisible, not just 'dim'), but that changed at some point in time.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm retired. I think the statute of limitations has passed since the 1970's...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I'm retired. I think the statute of limitations has passed since the 1970's...

Wendy P.

I’m still working. But I could retire. Let them come for me. Bring it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Westerly

I dont always admit to doing illegal drugs, but when I do I admit it on a public forum so everyone ranging from the police to my employer can read it.

What, in your view, incriminating "evidence" has been presented in this thread? Certainly there's nothing that current employers or law enforcement would be interested in, assuming neither of those groups have access to a time machine. And if they have access to a time machine, petty drug use in previous decades is probably not very high on the list of historical activities to investigate.

I dont always admit to doing illegal drugs, but when I do I admit it on a public forum so everyone ranging from the police to my employer can read it.

I'd be amazed if my local force has a DZ.com login it uses to make random spot checks for incriminating evidence in the SC. I also don't use a work computer to browse DZ.com on company time, so there's no reason for them to know I use the site, know my username, or have any reason in the world to moniter the posts I make here.

And frankly, I'd be quite happy to leave any company whose HR department thought that it was acceptable for them to do so.

I think a lot of people are unaware of the fact that it was still legal in 1968 or so.
I have a photo of Cary Grant taking a capsule identified as LSD.

(I keep finding sources to say it was made illegal in 1968, but that seems kind of late to me. I thought it was banned at least a few years earlier)

Bob_Church

I think a lot of people are unaware of the fact that it was still legal in 1968 or so.
I have a photo of Cary Grant taking a capsule identified as LSD.

(I keep finding sources to say it was made illegal in 1968, but that seems kind of late to me. I thought it was banned at least a few years earlier)

The drug was criminalized in California in 1966, and federally banned in America in 1968, under the Staggers-Dodd Bill (Public Law 90-639).
Source: https://yeahstub.com/10-recreational-drugs-before-they-became-illegal/

I found references to Staggers-Dodd in numerous places, but this was the only one that also mentioned CA.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Does anyone know more than what they read in an article about how it's used in therapy now? I'm not talking about someone who's under therapy, just is there anyone who's involved in that community who's aware of protocols, how patients are selected, etc.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Does anyone know more than what they read in an article about how it's used in therapy now? I'm not talking about someone who's under therapy, just is there anyone who's involved in that community who's aware of protocols, how patients are selected, etc.

Wendy P.

No, but I wonder how much of the things we think about it are slanted due to a study about using it to fight alcoholism. I know that this same study gave us the often cited 'Truth' that 1/3 of those who go in for treatment get worse, 1/3 better and 1/3 stay the same."
I have a copy of it in my AFU files if I can find it because I dug into it and discovered that this entire study was done by Timothy Leary and Frank Barron to justify opening a chain of alcohol treatment programs using LSD. Between the obvious slant and Leary's infamously bad methodology the study is pretty much worthless but gets cited a lot.
I'll dig out my old AFU files and see if I can't find that one, scan it and post it.

wmw999

Wendy P.

https://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/2018/05/15/611301978/fresh-air-for-may-15-2018-michael-pollan-on-the-new-science-of-psychedelics?showDate=2018-05-15

Last month Terry had Michael Pollan on to talk about his new book, "The new science of psychedelics". Interesting listen, I am sure the book would answer your questions.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".