Iago

Hillary supporters

While I didn’t vote for her, I’d’ve been much happier had she been elected. She wouldn’t see pissing off the status quo as automatically good. She would have probably stayed too status quo, but she probably would have at least thought about it before.
And Stephen Miller wouldn’t have been a part of the administration. He’s pretty close to evil.
But as President, Trump gets my support. I just feel the need to qualify it a whole lot more.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

While I didn’t vote for her, I’d’ve been much happier had she been elected.

Sigh.....you get the government you deserve in a democracy it seems.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Thank God!

It's about damn time!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I live in Massachusetts. My vote didn’t make a difference. Had I lived I. Wisconsin, I’d’ve voted differently.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Iago

why you would have supported her

Fortunately I'm not American, but I would've voted for Hilary if given the choice between her and Trump. Trump is just not fit to be a country's leader, though I don't dislike him personally, and don't necessarily disagree with his policies. I see Hilary as the lesser of two evils.

Every other President America's had have seemed fit to act in the role (perhaps not Bush Jnr ;)), but Trump does not at all. As a celebrity, I'm indifferent toward him, but as a politician, he seems a clown.

Hi Iago,

why you DID have supported her

In 2008, I was completely against HRC getting the D nomination for president. I had not done a decent job of studying her work while a US Senator. And I really did like Obama.

After she became Sec of State, I came to realize that she was willing to do the very hard work demanded of that job. I followed her as Sec of State & concluded that she would make a very good president.

Additionally, I have been 'somewhat' following Trump for over 20 yrs. He is a completely stupid dipsh*t IMO and is incapable of being a competent president. IMO his actions to date support my assessment.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) HRC is the only presidential candidate that I have ever donated money to.

She had already lived the life and knew exactly what she was getting into.

There have been few, if any, candidates more uniquely qualified for the job. Besides her time in the East Wing and the Arkansas Governor's Mansion, she had been elected (and re-elected) to the Senate, and she had spent four years as SecState.

She had well thought out plans for just about everything, available for anyone to peruse on her Web site.

Even Bernie had to hit her from the right on education. Her plan for debt free college was much more ambitious than Bernie's promise of free tuition (which is only a slight improvement over the status quo, no matter how good it might sound).

She saw the need for better access to health care long before the vast majority of DCers.

Despite a quarter-century long witch hunt resulting in multiple investigations, she's never been indicted. That's impressive for any career politician.

Given said witch hunt, along with plenty of gender bias in the workplace, she likely had to do twice (or more) as much as a male to attain the same positions.

The only qualification her general election opponent, a self-admitted sexual predator, had demonstrated was being a natural born citizen over the age of 35.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

gowlerk

The USA is not a democracy.

It is a republic in which some voters' votes count far more than other voters' votes, depending on where they live.

That's how come the "winner" got millions of votes fewer than the "loser".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Iago

I do not want to debate why you would have supported President Hillary, I want to understand why you would have supported her. Thank you in advance.

Hillary and offspring didn't steal money from kids with cancer, like Trump and his son.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#713e7d406b4a

>She had well thought out plans for just about everything, available for anyone to peruse on
>her Web site.

Yep. And would have gotten exactly 0% of it done based on the GOP-led house and senate.

Which actually would have been the best thing about a Clinton presidency. The government would have done nothing unless it really, really needed to get done (i.e. an invasion or something.) Which is a good thing overall.

billvon

>She had well thought out plans for just about everything, available for anyone to peruse on
>her Web site.

Yep. And would have gotten exactly 0% of it done based on the GOP-led house and senate.

Which actually would have been the best thing about a Clinton presidency. The government would have done nothing unless it really, really needed to get done (i.e. an invasion or something.) Which is a good thing overall.

That is the best point in her favor I have ever seen or heard expressed.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

>her Web site.

I think zero is probably too low as an estimate, but largely agree with the sentiment of your post.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!