jclalor

Trump is a traitor

RonD1120

*********>In the course of my lifetime, I have found when dealing with a person of equal or greater power

When you were defending the US from communism when you were younger, did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think that you would someday be defending Russia's attacks against the US - and be claiming that Russia was a "greater power" than the US in order to defend a politician?

Nope, things change.Not much of a surprise, given your long stated wish to tear up the 1st amendment to the Constitution and impose a Christian Taliban on the US.

Don

Seriously???

Yes, seriously.

You've stated a few times that you admire Putin because he's a 'strong leader'. I'm not sure which part you admire the most, but I'd guess that his treatment of gays and Muslims is up near the top.

The fact that he murders (or orders the murders of) people who oppose or criticize him, the fact that he imprisons anyone he doesn't like, the fact that he uses fear and terror to maintain power doesn't seem to bother you.

And I find it absolutely hilarious that one of your stated reasons for opposing Obama is "because he's a communist", while admiring the Soviet trained, former communist party leader, former head of the Soviet KGB.

So yes, seriously. You give your 'feelings and beliefs' more weight than actual facts.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

RonD1120

******Other news agencies see it differently.

It's so cute you think that's a news agency.

Also, you'll notice they didn't even offer a view of their own, ....

Real news
So, real news is just parroting what the president says without applying any form of fact checking or accountability to the statements?

How would you have liked that from CNN when Obama was President, Ron? Think you can be honest enough to admit you'd have rubbished them for it?

(BTW, how do you know they see it differently when they didn't give their opinion of how they saw it?)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

In the course of my lifetime, I have found when dealing with a person of equal or greater power, it is often to my benefit to start the conversation with a compliment.

At least he didn't bow before him like Obama did to the Saudi Prince. But, that's what Muslims do.

Like keeping trump waiting for an hour after the agreed time to meet?

grimmie

I wonder how the parents of all those EU military men and women felt when Trump said they were our foe?

You know, the ones that went to Iraq and Afghanistan with us and lost their lives.

That would be ISAF/ NATO men and women.

from Fox news:

Trump trolled with 'traitor' tweet by Dictionary.com after Putin summit
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/07/16/trump-trolled-with-traitor-tweet-by-dictionary-com-after-putin-summit.html

In a tweet, former CIA director John Brennan described the President’s performance in the press conference as “nothing short of treasonous,” and his comments as “imbecilic.”

In response, Dictionary.com tweeted that searches for the word “imbecilic” on it platform are rocketing....

Patriot: A person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

Traitor: A person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.http://www.dictionary.com/browse/traitor...

Putin also suggested Monday that Moscow and Washington could jointly conduct criminal investigations into a dozen Russian intelligence officials accused of hacking during the 2016 U.S. election campaign — an idea Trump hailed as an "incredible offer."...

More from FOX News:

Shep Smith - “Shameful, disgraceful, treasonous: Three of the descriptions of what President Donald Trump did today in Helsinki. Asked whether he believes American intelligence or the Russian thug standing next to him, President Trump declined to stand up for his own people and instead embraced Vladimir Putin. “

When FOX News is calling Trump a treasonous traitor, even the most willfully blind Trump supporters are going to start to worry.

Treason. Please Bill, keep it up. Makes me even look more forward to the midterms!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Phil1111

Putin also suggested Monday that Moscow and Washington could jointly conduct criminal investigations into a dozen Russian intelligence officials accused of hacking during the 2016 U.S. election campaign — an idea Trump hailed as an "incredible offer."...

In other news, O.J. Simpson is still searching for the "real killer".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

RonD1120

Other news agencies see it differently.

President Trump Blames Mueller Probe for Torn Relations with Russia

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:08 AM PT — Mon. July 16, 2018
President Trump vowed to repair torn relations with Russia, arguing he would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in pursuit of politics.

http://www.oann.com/president-trump-blames-mueller-probe-for-torn-relations-with-russia/

OAN is a self professed Trump media machine, they do no hide it at all. Their staff is under a directive to promote Trump, far right agendas and minimize accusations against Russia. They've been on the hook for several VERY fake news stories.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***Other news agencies see it differently.

OAN Newsroom
President Trump vowed to repair torn relations with Russia, arguing he would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in pursuit of politics.

http://www.oann.com/president-trump-blames-mueller-probe-for-torn-relations-with-russia/

OAN is a self professed Trump media machine, they do no hide it at all. Their staff is under a directive to promote Trump, far right agendas and minimize accusations against Russia. They've been on the hook for several VERY fake news stories.

Oh, piffle.

Ron thinks it's true. He believes its true. He wants it to be true.

So, to him, it's "Real News". He even posted that.

Facts, truth, reality aren't important to him.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******Other news agencies see it differently.

OAN Newsroom

Oh, piffle.

Ron thinks it's true. He believes its true. He wants it to be true.

So, to him, it's "Real News". He even posted that.

Facts, truth, reality aren't important to him.

I'm not sure why I even responded to that. By telling him it's pro-Trump, pro-Putin he basically knows it's something he'll want to see more of.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

More comments on Trump's treason:

Former CIA director Johm Brennan: "Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of 'high crimes & misdemeanors.' It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???"

John McCain: "Today's press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump's naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake. . . . President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world."

Paul Ryan: "There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world. That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence. The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. . . there is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

Lindsey Graham: "Missed opportunity by President Trump to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling and deliver a strong warning regarding future elections. This answer by President Trump will be seen by Russia as a sign of weakness and create far more problems than it solves."

Is that tingle in your leg turning into more of an itch, RushMC?

RonD1120

***>Other news agencies see it differently.

Good point. Here's another agency that supports your views.

============================
Does Putin trust Trump now?

Pravda.ru
YESTERDAY AT 20:51

President Putin said that the relations between Russia and the United States are going through a difficult period of time. Yet, the meeting between the presidents of the two countries was held "in a frank and businesslike atmosphere," Putin said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said during a press conference that the talks with his American counterpart Donald Trump in Helsinki were successful and useful for the two countries.

"The talks were held in a frank and businesslike atmosphere. I consider them very successful and useful," Putin said.

"It's obvious for everyone that the bilateral relations between the two countries are going through a difficult period of time, but these difficulties have no objective reason. The Cold War is over, and the situation has changed dramatically," Putin said.

"In general, we are satisfied with our first full-format meeting. We had a good conversation with President Trump. I hope we understand each other better now."
==============================

Good news

You've stated categorically that your political stance is based on opposing communism.

Please explain how you think you can rationally hold that belief while still proclaiming the communist state-run media as 'real news'?

That's the craziest thing you've said for a while.

wolfriverjoe

************>In the course of my lifetime, I have found when dealing with a person of equal or greater power

When you were defending the US from communism when you were younger, did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think that you would someday be defending Russia's attacks against the US - and be claiming that Russia was a "greater power" than the US in order to defend a politician?

Nope, things change.Not much of a surprise, given your long stated wish to tear up the 1st amendment to the Constitution and impose a Christian Taliban on the US.

Don

Seriously???

Yes, seriously.

You've stated a few times that you admire Putin because he's a 'strong leader'. I'm not sure which part you admire the most, but I'd guess that his treatment of gays and Muslims is up near the top.

The fact that he murders (or orders the murders of) people who oppose or criticize him, the fact that he imprisons anyone he doesn't like, the fact that he uses fear and terror to maintain power doesn't seem to bother you.

And I find it absolutely hilarious that one of your stated reasons for opposing Obama is "because he's a communist", while admiring the Soviet trained, former communist party leader, former head of the Soviet KGB.

So yes, seriously. You give your 'feelings and beliefs' more weight than actual facts.

First, Putin is the leader of another country. Obama was the leader of my country.

Second, I don't think it a good idea for us to keep buttin' heads with Russia without just cause. It could exist but not at this juncture.

Finally, you are correct. My feelings and beliefs outweigh your facts.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jakee

*********Other news agencies see it differently.

It's so cute you think that's a news agency.

Also, you'll notice they didn't even offer a view of their own, ....

Real news
So, real news is just parroting what the president says without applying any form of fact checking or accountability to the statements?

How would you have liked that from CNN when Obama was President, Ron? Think you can be honest enough to admit you'd have rubbished them for it?

(BTW, how do you know they see it differently when they didn't give their opinion of how they saw it?)

I want real news without someone's opinion of it.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

>Good news

So you've gone from a man who fought communism to someone proclaiming the "good news" of Pravda.

Well, you deride entitlements while simultaneously defending your entitlements, so I guess that's not a big leap.

Make the distinction, earned entitlements, not unearned entitlements.

yoink

******>Other news agencies see it differently.

Good point. Here's another agency that supports your views.

============================
Does Putin trust Trump now?

Pravda.ru
YESTERDAY AT 20:51

President Putin said that the relations between Russia and the United States are going through a difficult period of time. Yet, the meeting between the presidents of the two countries was held "in a frank and businesslike atmosphere," Putin said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said during a press conference that the talks with his American counterpart Donald Trump in Helsinki were successful and useful for the two countries.

"The talks were held in a frank and businesslike atmosphere. I consider them very successful and useful," Putin said.

"It's obvious for everyone that the bilateral relations between the two countries are going through a difficult period of time, but these difficulties have no objective reason. The Cold War is over, and the situation has changed dramatically," Putin said.

"In general, we are satisfied with our first full-format meeting. We had a good conversation with President Trump. I hope we understand each other better now."
==============================

Good news

You've stated categorically that your political stance is based on opposing communism.

Please explain how you think you can rationally hold that belief while still proclaiming the communist state-run media as 'real news'?

That's the craziest thing you've said for a while.

Good news because Pravda put a good spin on the meeting between Trump and Putin.

So far as I can tell, that is what is important. We do not want the two most powerful world leaders insulting one another in public.

I suspect the goal for each is to get the other to drop their guard. I don't think that will happen. However, if Putin thinks that President Trump blinked it could work to our benefit later.

An inflated self-confidence on Putin's part could provide a chink in his armor. Time will tell; make no judgments until 2020.

Rick Wilson (Republican political strategist) writes an article on Helsinki that makes McCain's statement look like a puff piece by comparison: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-and-putin-two-bullshit-artists-enter-helsinki-one-comes-out-victorious
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So you have no idea whether OANN saw it differently?

If the only reporting of Obamacare on CNN had been articles paraphrasing Obama's claims without any counterpoints or fact checking applied, would you have said CNN was doing a good job?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

DJL

***Other news agencies see it differently.

OAN Newsroom

So a Fox lite then.

jcd11235

***Finally, you are correct. My feelings and beliefs outweigh your facts.

Only in your own mind.

Now that there is logically brilliant. I don't care what church you go to.

jakee

So you have no idea whether OANN saw it differently?

If the only reporting of Obamacare on CNN had been articles paraphrasing Obama's claims without any counterpoints or fact checking applied, would you have said CNN was doing a good job?

Hypothetical situations are really not worth considering. I fall prey from time to time but not in this instance.