jclalor

Trump is a traitor

This just came out of Russia:

"The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation is ready for practical implementation of the agreements reached between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump in the sphere of international security achieved at the Helsinki summit" - Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov

Too bad no one knows what they are. Perhaps we will find out when the Russians start moving into Finland. After all, Trump agreed to it, as far as anyone knows.

Trump voters - feeling any #tregret?

RonD1120

******if we look at actions by the two presidents being discussed here the one that would be considered the traitor would have to be Barack Hussein Obama. Because Trump's actions are much stronger against Putin in Russia than is anything that Obama did

When’s the last time you called the President “Donald John Trump”? I’m guessing you never have. But we all know how garden variety bigots love to use “Barack Hussein Obama”.

We are constantly reminded that he was not raised as an American. Thus the reference to his foreign name.

Tell that to a Native American.

ryoder

George Will on the debacle in Helsinki.
(Take link at top of page): https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awashingtonpost.com+This+sad%2C+embarrassing+wreck+of+a+man

George Will charges that Trump colluded with Putin
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/397821-george-will-charges-that-trump-colluded-with-putin
In George Will’s latest column, the conservative columnist charged collusion between Trump and Putin:

“We shall learn from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation whether in 2016 there was collusion with Russia by members of the Trump campaign. The world, however, saw in Helsinki something more grave — ongoing collusion between Trump, now in power, and Russia. The collusion is in what Trump says (refusing to back the United States’ intelligence agencies) and in what evidently went unsaid (such as: You ought to stop disrupting Ukraine, downing civilian airliners, attempting to assassinate people abroad using poisons, and so on, and on).”...

It raises profoundly ominous questions about why Trump refused to permit any senior American to attend this meeting, what may have been discussed in this meeting and whether any secret deals may have been reached that were kept secret from the secretary of State, secretary of Defense, national security adviser and White House chief of staff....

Will is trying to defend America from Putin, and to save conservatism from Trump, and for that, patriotic Americans and principled conservatives should be eternally grateful.

RonD1120

******Did the post make you laugh?

I thought you were the joke! You always make me laugh.

Most folks know me as a jokester. Us Christians make fun of a lot of stuff.

Proverbs 17:22 New King James Version (NKJV)

A merry heart does good, like medicine,
But a broken spirit dries the bones.

Progressive liberalism tends to break one's spirit.

Yes, you so called friends of Jesus do make fun of a lot of stuff. Mostly people not like yourself. You are far from what the book you hold up preach. So is Putin and Trump. Putin is a killer and a brutal dictator. Trump is a liar, cheater and, a wannabe dictator. Hardly that what your book preach. You can toss out all of the Proverbs you can find to paste. They do not define you. Your words do and, they define you well. It is clear where your heart and beliefs lie. You idolize the likes of Trump. That is clear. There could be no God of peace and love that would approve of Trump, Putin and, Kim Jong Un. How can you?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

freethefly

*********Did the post make you laugh?

Yes, you so called friends of Jesus do make fun of a lot of stuff. Mostly people not like yourself. You are far from what the book you hold up preach. So is Putin and Trump. Putin is a killer and a brutal dictator. Trump is a liar, cheater and, a wannabe dictator. Hardly that what your book preach. You can toss out all of the Proverbs you can find to paste. They do not define you. Your words do and, they define you well. It is clear where your heart and beliefs lie. You idolize the likes of Trump. That is clear. There could be no God of peace and love that would approve of Trump, Putin and, Kim Jong Un. How can you?

Religious zealots are always “The ends justifies the means” type of folks.

Evan McMullin (Third-party candidate in 2016) has an organization "Stand Up Republic" that is running an ad titled "Dictators":

Twitter announcement: https://twitter.com/StandUpRepublic/status/1019970641125167104

Direct link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf_g01896w
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jclalor

************Did the post make you laugh?

While I know that people like Marc and Ron exist in large multiples I usually, and thankfully, don't know if one is nearby. They seem only to find their voices in pitch fork and torch bearing crowds and in internet forums like Speakers Corner. In the former they have strength of numbers and in the latter protectors who insist on decorum and reason when ridicule would do better.

At any gathering of people who enjoy ideas they would be as welcome as a turd in the punchbowl. Thier hosts, unless their pleasures came from self flagellation, would quickly grasp that only a small group of adherents would suffer it for long. I draw no parallels.

Bill has told Leroy, who only wanted to get a damn answer to his question, that Marc could just be ignored. Bullshit. Marc and Ron's comments either dominate, divert attention or become integrated into every thread they jump into. I have read some brilliant attempts to get them to see things differently or at least consider having an open mind. Nada. They just ignore it and go off to screw up another conversation in another thread.

Speakers Corner, which I initially found surprisingly fun, is turning into an unwelcome party invite.

jclalor

*********if we look at actions by the two presidents being discussed here the one that would be considered the traitor would have to be Barack Hussein Obama. Because Trump's actions are much stronger against Putin in Russia than is anything that Obama did

When’s the last time you called the President “Donald John Trump”? I’m guessing you never have. But we all know how garden variety bigots love to use “Barack Hussein Obama”.

We are constantly reminded that he was not raised as an American. Thus the reference to his foreign name.

Tell that to a Native American.

Not sure of your point there. I have never met a Native American that was not strongly patriotic. Granted, most were veterans.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Phil1111

***George Will on the debacle in Helsinki.
(Take link at top of page): https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awashingtonpost.com+This+sad%2C+embarrassing+wreck+of+a+man

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/397821-george-will-charges-that-trump-colluded-with-putin
In George Will’s latest column, the conservative columnist charged collusion between Trump and Putin:

“We shall learn from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation whether in 2016 there was collusion with Russia by members of the Trump campaign. The world, however, saw in Helsinki something more grave — ongoing collusion between Trump, now in power, and Russia. The collusion is in what Trump says (refusing to back the United States’ intelligence agencies) and in what evidently went unsaid (such as: You ought to stop disrupting Ukraine, downing civilian airliners, attempting to assassinate people abroad using poisons, and so on, and on).”...

It raises profoundly ominous questions about why Trump refused to permit any senior American to attend this meeting, what may have been discussed in this meeting and whether any secret deals may have been reached that were kept secret from the secretary of State, secretary of Defense, national security adviser and White House chief of staff....

Will is trying to defend America from Putin, and to save conservatism from Trump, and for that, patriotic Americans and principled conservatives should be eternally grateful.

Yeah, namely this: Putin Tells Diplomats He Made Trump a New Offer on Ukraine at Their Summit. What this boils down to is that he proposes there be a vote within the region.

FROM THE HELSINKI SUMMIT:

REPORTER (Jonathan Lemire from AP): A question for President Putin, thank you. Two questions for you, sir. Can you tell me what President Trump may have indicated to you about officially recognizing Crimea as part of Russia?

PUTIN: President Trump — well, the posture of President Trump on Crimea is well known and he stands firmly by it. He continues to maintain that it was illegal to annex it. Our viewpoint is different. We held a referendum in strict compliance with the UN Charter and international legislation. For us this issue --we put [unintelligible] to this issue.

AND Trump's quote about Crimea: “Crimea is Russian because everyone who lives there speaks Russian.”

Which RT did not hesitate to capitalize upon:
https://www.rt.com/usa/429778-trump-crimea-is-russia/

I would not be surprised if we soon see some very quick action in that region as Putin transitions from conflicted control, to issuing a referendum which he will control, to defacto control.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

******George Will on the debacle in Helsinki.

Yeah, namely this: Putin Tells Diplomats He Made Trump a New Offer on Ukraine at Their Summit. What this boils down to is that he proposes there be a vote within the region.

FROM THE HELSINKI SUMMIT:

REPORTER (Jonathan Lemire from AP): A question for President Putin, thank you. Two questions for you, sir. Can you tell me what President Trump may have indicated to you about officially recognizing Crimea as part of Russia?

PUTIN: President Trump — well, the posture of President Trump on Crimea is well known and he stands firmly by it. He continues to maintain that it was illegal to annex it. Our viewpoint is different. We held a referendum in strict compliance with the UN Charter and international legislation. For us this issue --we put [unintelligible] to this issue.

AND Trump's quote about Crimea: “Crimea is Russian because everyone who lives there speaks Russian.”

Which RT did not hesitate to capitalize upon:
https://www.rt.com/usa/429778-trump-crimea-is-russia/

I would not be surprised if we soon see some very quick action in that region as Putin transitions from conflicted control, to issuing a referendum which he will control, to defacto control.

In 1994, Ukraine signed an agreement with the U.S., the UK and Russia under which it gave up its nuclear arsenal in return for certain assurances. NPR's Arun Rath speaks with Steven Pifer, former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, about the agreement.

"STEVEN PIFER: When the Soviet Union collapsed, Ukraine had on its territory the world's third largest nuclear arsenal. It was bigger than Britain, France and China combined. And the Ukrainians were prepared to eliminate that arsenal to transfer the warheads to Russia for their dismantlement, but the Ukrainians asked for certain things. And one was security assurances that the United States and Russia would pay attention and respect Ukraine's independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity, that there would be no use of force or threat of force against Ukraine."
https://www.npr.org/2014/03/09/288298641/the-role-of-1994-nuclear-agreement-in-ukraines-current-state

above from:
The Role Of 1994 Nuclear Agreement In Ukraine's Current State

Now trump wants his word as bond with Kim of NK to do the same thing. The word of the US, and trump.:)

Bill has told Leroy, who only wanted to get a damn answer to his question, that Marc could just be ignored.

If you feel you can't ignore it on your own, find the Google Chrome plugin called Hide Heid. It hides posts from specific users; it was written for the penultimate troll, Robin Heid.

Marc and Ron's comments either dominate, divert attention or become integrated into every thread they jump into.

They wouldn't if you (and everyone else) ignored them.

billvon

Bill has told Leroy, who only wanted to get a damn answer to his question, that Marc could just be ignored.

If you feel you can't ignore it on your own, find the Google Chrome plugin called Hide Heid. It hides posts from specific users; it was written for the penultimate troll, Robin Heid.

Only penultimate? So who is the ultimate troll?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

***Marc and Ron's comments either dominate, divert attention or become integrated into every thread they jump into.

They wouldn't if you (and everyone else) ignored them.

Shall we spit in our palms and shake on it?

"Only penultimate? So who is the ultimate troll? "

The ultimate troll is one that you don't even know is a troll. There is one poster that I can't decide about. Are these posts from a group of trolls using a faked account, a machine AI or just someone who actually talks like that? Based on the quickness of responses and their shortness I'm thinking the second, but I'm not sure if the technology is there yet. The responses are simple enough for some old AI counselor program but linking that to a forum is what I wonder about.
But no matter what, the only sensible thing to do is never respond.

jclalor

************Did the post make you laugh?

You're confused. That's the Democratic party and its voters
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

No you! And so's your face!!!

etc etc.

You're a farce.

My face?

And I am a farce?

You're not having a good day are you.
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

Trying to imagine what we would have heard had Trump been president in 1941 -

==========
So terrible what happened in Pearl Harbor. Terrible. Thoughts and prayers to our brave men and women. Well, men.

We won't rest until we get to the bottom of who did this. I am the best at getting to the bottom of things, the best. Everyone says so. And I'll find out. Sure, there were some terrible things done by whoever attacked us, but there were good people on both sides. But the biased media won't tell you that.

I talked to Emperor Hirohito of Japan by wireless. Tremendous guy. Very strong. Very good voice, very strong good voice. He said it wasn't Japan, and I don't see why it would be them. I talked to our intelligence agencies and some of them say it was the Japanese, but I asked them for the specifics of what planes attacked us. And you know what they said? Zero. They said they had zeroes. Nothing. Sad! It's a witch hunt.

Hirohito promised to send his fleet to our harbors to help us get to the bottom of this. To Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. And of course Hawaii, which is in Honolulu. Great man to offer to help us with our investigation. And trade with Japan will be tremendous, just tremendous.

Now of course there are the losing complainers - the lying media and the out of touch academics - who are saying that it was Japan that attacked us. Well, if it was Japan, then why are so many of our ships getting sunk in the Atlantic? It's not even the right ocean! It's ridiculous, everyone says so. And why aren't those complainers investigating Herbert Hoover's missing file cabinet, anyway? That's the real story here. He's the reason we were attacked, what with the missing file cabinet and all. LOCK HIM UP!

And we keep sending valuable, priceless equipment to England, and our boats keep sinking. Terrible. How do we know England isn't sinking them? They are our real foes. I am going to order a stop to all that terrible loss of equipment and supplies until the Japanese arrive to help us investigate what really happened.

I will, with the help of the strong, very strong Hirohito, make America great again!
================

In 1941, Trump would have been in the scrap metal business and Japan would have come to him with, "Have we got a great deal for you. The only thing is, it's going to get a little noisy in Hawaii."

Faicon9493

***Trying to imagine what we would have heard had Trump been president in 1941 -

==========
So terrible what happened in Pearl Harbor. Terrible. Thoughts and prayers to our brave men and women. Well, men.

We won't rest until we get to the bottom of who did this. I am the best at getting to the bottom of things, the best. Everyone says so. And I'll find out. Sure, there were some terrible things done by whoever attacked us, but there were good people on both sides. But the biased media won't tell you that.

I talked to Emperor Hirohito of Japan by wireless. Tremendous guy. Very strong. Very good voice, very strong good voice. He said it wasn't Japan, and I don't see why it would be them. I talked to our intelligence agencies and some of them say it was the Japanese, but I asked them for the specifics of what planes attacked us. And you know what they said? Zero. They said they had zeroes. Nothing. Sad! It's a witch hunt.

Hirohito promised to send his fleet to our harbors to help us get to the bottom of this. To Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. And of course Hawaii, which is in Honolulu. Great man to offer to help us with our investigation. And trade with Japan will be tremendous, just tremendous.

Now of course there are the losing complainers - the lying media and the out of touch academics - who are saying that it was Japan that attacked us. Well, if it was Japan, then why are so many of our ships getting sunk in the Atlantic? It's not even the right ocean! It's ridiculous, everyone says so. And why aren't those complainers investigating Herbert Hoover's missing file cabinet, anyway? That's the real story here. He's the reason we were attacked, what with the missing file cabinet and all. LOCK HIM UP!

And we keep sending valuable, priceless equipment to England, and our boats keep sinking. Terrible. How do we know England isn't sinking them? They are our real foes. I am going to order a stop to all that terrible loss of equipment and supplies until the Japanese arrive to help us investigate what really happened.

I will, with the help of the strong, very strong Hirohito, make America great again!
================

In 1941, Trump would have been in the scrap metal business and Japan would have come to him with, "Have we got a great deal for you. The only thing is, it's going to get a little noisy in Hawaii."

In 1941 my father worked for the Cincinnati Milling Machine Company. They were doing business with Japan at the time. He remembered Japanese officials visiting the plant.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

rushmc

etc etc.

You're a farce.

My face?

And I am a farce?

I'm having a great day.

The face remark is a pretty standard childish comeback that 4 year olds use - I was making the point (too subtly, obviously) that this is how you make all your arguments - because you have nothing else. i don't know if you think you're being clever doing this, but you come across as an child in the conversation of adults.

I'll try again with less interpretation required:

Your retorts are that of a pre-schooler and consist of nothing more that 'no that's what YOU said!', regardless of the logic or sensibility of its use in the situation. Is that clear enough for you or do I need to limit it to words of less than two syllables in order to get you to understand?

Re the farce comment; no, that wasn't a typo as you might think.
You are 'an absurd event'.

yoink

etc etc.

You're a farce.

My face?

And I am a farce?

I'm having a great day.

The face remark is a pretty standard childish comeback that 4 year olds use - I was making the point (too subtly, obviously) that this is how you make all your arguments - because you have nothing else. i don't know if you think you're being clever doing this, but you come across as an child in the conversation of adults.

I'll try again with less interpretation required:

Your retorts are that of a pre-schooler and consist of nothing more that 'no that's what YOU said!', regardless of the logic or sensibility of its use in the situation. Is that clear enough for you or do I need to limit it to words of less than two syllables in order to get you to understand?

Re the farce comment; no, that wasn't a typo as you might think.
You are 'an absurd event'.

Oh now I get it. No one is as good as you think you are! Nicely done.
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

In 1941 my father worked for the Cincinnati Milling Machine Company. They were doing business with Japan at the time. He remembered Japanese officials visiting the plant.

Japan was a fairly significant trading partner before the war.
They were a bit behind the west, but were moving solidly into a manufacturing/technology economy.

At least until the US froze all of their assets and put an embargo in place in the summer of 41. I'm going to guess that it was before the end of July that the visit took place.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo