Bob_Church

Stormy Daniels and getting out ahead of something

On NYPD Blue they always talked about "getting out ahead of this." What they really meant was confess so we can all go home but there are times when this actually works.

Compare and contrast.

The version that her lawyer put out before she was even in the squad car.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/12/628302253/stormy-daniels-arrested-at-ohio-strip-club

and the local "but we were there" version

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Stormy-Daniels-arrested-during-Columbus-Ohio-performance-487969431.html

First ever charges under that law. Three undercover cops just happened to be policing her act. Three misdemeanor charges. Can you spell h-a-r-a-s-s-m-e-n-t? Getting out ahead? Why bother. She just scored several million more dollars of free publicity for her nationwide stripper show. No doubt she is extremely worried about the small fine she will face.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

First ever charges under that law. Three undercover cops just happened to be policing her act. Three misdemeanor charges. Can you spell h-a-r-a-s-s-m-e-n-t? Getting out ahead? Why bother. She just scored several million more dollars of free publicity for her nationwide stripper show. No doubt she is extremely worried about the small fine she will face.

Personally I have a hard time worrying about what goes on in a strip club filled with adults, but I thought the differences in the articles were interesting. It does seem like a textbook case of "getting out ahead of something" and why a lawyer on speed dial can be a good investment.

Bob_Church

Disregarding Clifford's account while taking the cops' accounts at face value is ridiculously biased. Both are "but we were there" accounts.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Disregarding Clifford's account while taking the cops' accounts at face value is ridiculously biased. Both are "but we were there" accounts.

I particularly like the part were they accuse her of "forcing herself" upon them! That Stormy, so aggressive. That's probably how Trump got in trouble with that "bad girl".
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I particularly like the part were they accuse her of "forcing herself" upon them! That Stormy, so aggressive. That's probably how Trump got in trouble with that "bad girl".

And how long did they spend "gathering evidence" before they told her to stop? "I'll give you twenty minutes to stop what you're doing immediately!"

And how long did they spend "gathering evidence" before they told her to stop? "I'll give you twenty minutes to stop what you're doing immediately!"

Cop1: Did you see what she did to me? Illegal!
Cop2: Are you sure?
Cop1: Well . . . I better check again. Just to make sure.

I guess you were right Bob. Getting out ahead works! Motorboat rides are legal if you don't do them in the same OH club regularly. Or something like that.

prosecutors said that the Ohio law that was invoked to arrest Daniels was meant to apply only to a person "who regularly appears nude or seminude on the premises of a sexually oriented business" — and that because Daniels hasn't been a regular at Sirens, the strip club in question, the case wouldn't hold up in court.

Sounds like an editing issue in the laws. While I'm guessing it may have been intended to stop anyone physically interacting with the audience, it refers to only a regular performer, and is interpreted as referring only to regulars at any given premises.

So newbies and out of towners on tour legally get to give an enhanced 'audience involvement' show compared to the experienced locals...:S

gowlerk

I guess you were right Bob. Getting out ahead works! Motorboat rides are legal if you don't do them in the same OH club regularly. Or something like that.

Finding logic in a law that tries to control what consenting adults do inside a strip club is a futile quest, imo. If you're going to allow strip clubs then the only laws I can think of is "no minors" and "keep it inside".