churches so bad Joel Olsteen will need to get a job at Chik
FiI A to pay his light bill. Speaking of Chik Fil A, we're buying
all those and giving them to any LGBTQ person your sick
cult leaders tortured with conversion therapy. Have fun with
the new menu you bigoted fucks. Try the McPence. It's a
boiled unseasoned chicken breast that you have to eat in
the closet with your mother. We’re going to gather up ALL of
your guns, melt them down and turn them into a gargantuan
metal mountain emblazoned with the face of Hillary Clinton.
ALL parks will be renamed Rosa Parks asap. We're replacing
Confederate statues with BLM Leaders & Mexican
immigrants. Every single public school will be renamed after
a child that was kidnapped by this regime. And after we
fumigate the WH, we're repainting the whole thing rainbow.
Fox News will be taken over and turned into a family refugee
shelter. We're turning Hannity's office into a giant unisex
bathroom with changing tables & free tampons. And every
single time a Trumpster complains about any of the
changes, we‘re adding an openly gay character to a Disney
movie."

Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Well, I was going to post something sanctimonious about payback being about the other person and not your own ideas, but dang — that’s a pretty complete picture :D.
But they forgot the “every snowflake is unique” campaign

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Bob_Church

"We’re going to gather up ALL of
your guns"

That part could get interesting.

Out of interest.

In a hypothetical world if the constitution was legally changed, and a law enacted requiring people to give up all guns by a certain date, would you follow it?

If someone actually came to forcibly and legally collect your guns what would you do?

yoink

***"We’re going to gather up ALL of
your guns"

Out of interest.

In a hypothetical world if the constitution was legally changed, and a law enacted requiring people to give up all guns by a certain date, would you follow it?

If someone actually came to forcibly and legally collect your guns what would you do?

Why do you assume I own any guns?

Bob_Church

******"We’re going to gather up ALL of
your guns"

Out of interest.

Just a guess based on how you've framed your anti-gun restriction arguments in the past. It might well be wrong.
Do you?

yoink

*********"We’re going to gather up ALL of
your guns"

Out of interest.

Just a guess based on how you've framed your anti-gun restriction arguments in the past. It might well be wrong.
Do you?

I don't like guns. They make things happen too quickly. I don't want, or have, any in my home, car etc.
But that's not the same as recognizing the reality of the situation.

yoink

:D:D:D

You've just given Ron a heart attack.

Nah!
That is what we have been preparing for since Obama got in. We refer to that season as SHTF. It is why my wife and I moved to the mountains.

Oh, BTW, we have some gays up here and they own guns as well. I suspect we will all be side by side when the SHTF.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The following sums up perfectly what I have been witnessing in my lifetime. It is the meat within the leftist fare.

July 29, 2018
The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My 8 Decades
By Frank Hawkins

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/the_10_most_destructive_americans_of_my_8_decades.html#ixzz5Mm2o79ik
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

About Johnson, he could have been remembered as a great President if it weren't for that one mistake. But it was a big one. And it wasn't just Generals. In 'Come up and Get Me' Kittinger tells how after he was released from the Hanoi Hilton he was a group of officers who were asked to meet with Johnson and advice him about Vietnam. Escalate or get out. They all said get out and explained why. So he not only had the advice but could have used them as part of his reason. But no. He always had an ego problem, his seat on Air Force One was turned around and elevated so everyone would be looking up at him.
But if he'd have just listened and got out I think he'd be remember as a good, maybe even great, President.

Bob_Church

About Johnson, he could have been remembered as a great President if it weren't for that one mistake. But it was a big one. And it wasn't just Generals. In 'Come up and Get Me' Kittinger tells how after he was released from the Hanoi Hilton he was a group of officers who were asked to meet with Johnson and advice him about Vietnam. Escalate or get out. They all said get out and explained why. So he not only had the advice but could have used them as part of his reason. But no. He always had an ego problem, his seat on Air Force One was turned around and elevated so everyone would be looking up at him.
But if he'd have just listened and got out I think he'd be remember as a good, maybe even great, President.

Actual LBJ quote: "I'm not going down in history as the first American President who lost a war."

The first time I heard that, I wanted to drive to his grave and take a dump on it.>:(

McNamara flat out told LBJ that among all the possible outcomes in Vietnam, there was no outcome called "Winning". But that was not what LBJ wanted to hear, so he was forced out.

Two films I recommend:

The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (2003) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317910/

Ken Burns' "The Vietnam War" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877514/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hi Bob,

after he was released from the Hanoi Hilton . . . a group of officers who were asked to meet with Johnson

I am definitely no time-line expect on the Vietnam War; but are you sure that Joe K was released while LBJ was in office?

I thought the POWs were only released after the agreements that came out of the discussions in Paris, when Nixon was in office.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bob,

after he was released from the Hanoi Hilton . . . a group of officers who were asked to meet with Johnson

I am definitely no time-line expect on the Vietnam War; but are you sure that Joe K was released while LBJ was in office?

I thought the POWs were only released after the agreements that came out of the discussions in Paris, when Nixon was in office.

Jerry Baumchen

It kind of twisted my head around at first, but this was Operation Homecoming that took place during the Paris Peace Accords. This, I see reading up on it, was also when McCain was released. After seeing it in Kittinger's book then looking it up I have vague memories of watching it on TV. I remember how amazed everyone was at the condition most of the men were in, or at least the impression they were determined to give. People were basically waiting with wheel chairs and crutches but the POWs marched from the planes and saluted while standing at attention. That's the part I remember seeing.

Edit: wait, now I know what's been bugging me about that. You're right, that's too late in the Vietnam War. I'll go dig that book out.

I don't know how I got that shifted around to after he was released, and of course there was no "earlier release."

He wrote about being interviewed in the Stennis hearings in 1964. I'd elaborate but I suspect that wikipedia could do a better job of it, and definitely beats my memory.

Bob

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bob,

Jerry Baumchen

All these years later I can clearly remember watching it on TV but then I get the date off by about 11 years and most of the war.

Bob_Church

All these years later I can clearly remember watching it on TV but then I get the date off by about 11 years and most of the war.

Don't feel bad. Human memory sucks. Most everybody has a few very vivid, completely fabricated memories, pretty much indistinguishable from real ones.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***All these years later I can clearly remember watching it on TV but then I get the date off by about 11 years and most of the war.

Don't feel bad. Human memory sucks. Most everybody has a few very vivid, completely fabricated memories, pretty much indistinguishable from real ones.

those are my favorite memories! :D

jcd11235

***All these years later I can clearly remember watching it on TV but then I get the date off by about 11 years and most of the war.

You mean Ron, right? Did I win?