billvon

Trump's policy on 'detaining' children

ryoder

OK, Trump Puppets;
After jumping through hoops to explain how separating kids was good, now explain to us how not doing it is good.

The explanation will involve standing up to the democrats who demand separation.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Trump is an ideological weakling with no spine. A feather in the wind. An opportunist back stabbing thug. But we all knew that already. Even the Trumpettes.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Trump is an ideological weakling with no spine. A feather in the wind. An opportunist back stabbing thug. But we all knew that already. Even the Trumpettes.

Something I've not seen discussed here is the fact that little psychopath Stephen Miller was the origin of this bullshit policy.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

After jumping through hoops to explain how separating kids was good, now explain to us how not doing it is good.

They will explain that they (and Trump) were always against separating families, and nothing has changed. Not like the Democrats who want to separate families.

Up next - Trump supporters attack Democrats for cozying up to Kim Jong Un, who is a ruthless dictator.

ryoder

***Trump is an ideological weakling with no spine. A feather in the wind. An opportunist back stabbing thug. But we all knew that already. Even the Trumpettes.

Something I've not seen discussed here is the fact that little psychopath Stephen Miller was the origin of this bullshit policy.

How does that guy have a job in our government?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcn_B_KosL8
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

rushmc

Let us not forget, convicted felons have their children taken from them. Entering this country after being deported is a felony.

Improper entry is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine and or up to 6 months in jail

And the subsequent or second entry is a felony.

So you're saying that all the families that are being separated have been previously convicted of improper entry and have tried to enter the country a second time? Got anything to back that up?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Corey Lewandowski, former Trump campaign manager and current member of the administration's PAC, was on a talk show talking about the policy of separating children. Another guest was describing the recent separation of a 10 year old girl with Down syndrome from her mother. As he was talking about this, Lewandowski made the "wa wa waaa" sad trombone noise, the kind that's used in cartoons and sitcoms when the hapless loser loses yet again.

These are the people Trump supporters support.

DJL

******Trump is an ideological weakling with no spine. A feather in the wind. An opportunist back stabbing thug. But we all knew that already. Even the Trumpettes.

Every time I see Miller speak, all I can think of is how satisfying it would be to land a round kick into the side of his head.>:(
And I would be willing to pay a lot of money for that opportunity.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

*********Trump is an ideological weakling with no spine. A feather in the wind. An opportunist back stabbing thug. But we all knew that already. Even the Trumpettes.

Every time I see Miller speak, all I can think of is how satisfying it would be to land a round kick into the side of his head.>:(

I suspect you'd be in a long queue. That man has a face made for punching.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

SkyDekker

Let us not forget, convicted felons have their children taken from them. Entering this country after being deported is a felony.

Improper entry is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine and or up to 6 months in jail

And fucking around on your wife is a misdemeanor in New York State.
Impeachment is for High Crimes and misdemeanors.
Zero-tolerance, the law is the law!

You can support that right Marc? You believe in law and order and stringent adherence to the law.

Zero tolerance is the law. Trump is upholding a 1997 Supreme Court supported law. I don't agree with his executive order which will eventually be overturned in court anyway. As for the kids and the families well I'm glad for them.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

*********Trump is an ideological weakling with no spine. A feather in the wind. An opportunist back stabbing thug. But we all knew that already. Even the Trumpettes.

And now you are inciting violence! Sad!
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

Well thanks for posting something that shows you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about! Secondly if Trump is so poor how come he's kicking everybody's ass and everything that he's doing?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

You can support that right Marc? You believe in law and order and stringent adherence to the law.

Zero tolerance is the law. Trump is upholding a 1997 Supreme Court supported law. I don't agree with his executive order which will eventually be overturned in court anyway. As for the kids and the families well I'm glad for them.

As usual you don't answer the question.
Secondly, zero-tolerance is not a law, it is a policy.

SkyDekker

Oh for chrissake! Is there no one in that pack of fools who knows how to use spell-check???:S

rushmc

How about zero tolerance for emoluments clause violations? Collusion with enemy governments? Lying under oath?

rushmc

Thanks for the case law. I didn't dispute the law for second offenders; I disputed that all the families that are being separated are second offenders. Can you prove that all these families have been previously found guilty of illegal entry?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I was only replying to your statement about illegal entry being a misdemeanor.

I just added the context that if they are deported and they come back again then their felons.
Abraham Lincoln

So how are things going in those child detention centers?

================================
Immigrant children forcibly injected with drugs, lawsuit claims

By Matt Smith and Aura Bogado / June 20, 2018
Reveal News

Children held at Shiloh Treatment Center, a government contractor south of Houston that houses immigrant minors, described being held down and injected, according to the federal court filings. The lawsuit alleges that children were told they would not be released or see their parents unless they took medication and that they only were receiving vitamins.

Parents and the children themselves told attorneys the drugs rendered them unable to walk, afraid of people and wanting to sleep constantly, according to affidavits filed April 23 in U.S.

One mother said her child fell repeatedly, hitting her head, and ended up in a wheelchair. A child described trying to open a window and being hurled against a door by a Shiloh supervisor, who then choked her until she fainted.

“The supervisor told me I was going to get a medication injection to calm me down,” the girl said. “Two staff grabbed me, and the doctor gave me the injection despite my objection and left me there on the bed.”

Another child recounted being made to take pills in the morning, at noon and night. The child said “the staff told me that some of the pills are vitamins because they think I need to gain weight. The vitamins changed about two times, and each time I feel different.”

An investigation by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting found that nearly half of the $3.4 billion paid to those companies in the last four years went to homes with serious allegations of mistreating children. In nearly all cases reviewed by Reveal, the federal government continued contracts with the companies after serious allegations were raised.

At Reveal’s request, forensic psychiatrist Mark. J. Mills assessed materials from 420 pages of children’s medical records and statements filed in California federal court this April.

“You don’t have to be a rocket scientist here; it looks like they’re trying to control agitation and aggressive behavior with antipsychotic drugs,” said Mills, who practices in the Washington, D.C., area and was an expert witness for a lawsuit that in 2008 stopped the federal government from forcibly administering antipsychotic drugs to deportees.

“You don’t need to administer these kinds of drugs unless someone is plucking out their eyeball or some such. The facility should not use these drugs to control behavior. That’s not what antipsychotics should be used for. That’s like the old Soviet Union used to do.”
======================

Laura Ingraham from FOX News compared these detention centers to summer camps. Maybe the police might want to take a closer look at where Laura sends _her_ children?

rushmc

Zero tolerance is the law. Trump is upholding a 1997 Supreme Court supported law.

And now it isn't and he isn't according to his latest about-face.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

>Zero tolerance is the law. Trump is upholding a 1997 Supreme Court supported law.

So now Trump is breaking the law. What do you do with lawbreakers?

If they are brown or black you ensure there is a zero-tolerance policy and prosecute to the maximum possible.

If they are white, you ask for common sense and demand leniency based on various grounds. I am sure they didn't really mean to and it was just an accident.