RonD1120

Donald Trump did the RIGHT thing on pulling out of Paris Accords

RonD1120

A good explanation. It is worth the 12 min to watch and listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkar4jn3JWw&sns=em

Ayyadurai is notable for his controversial claim to be the "inventor of email", based on the electronic mail software called "EMAIL" he wrote as a New Jersey high school student in the late 1970s.[1][2] Initial reports that repeated Ayyadurai's assertion—from organizations such as The Washington Post and the Smithsonian Institution—were followed by public retractions.[1][3] These corrections were triggered by objections from historians and ARPANET pioneers who pointed out that email was already actively used in the early 1970s.[4]

Ayyadurai also produced two controversial reports: the first questioning the working conditions of India's largest scientific agency; the second questioning the safety of genetically modified soybeans...

Educated in, electrical engineering and computer science,visual studies,mechanical engineering and biological engineering.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_Ayyadurai

This is the type of fake news created by right wing news websites:

08.23.2017 Whats going on with Free Speech? Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai & Garret Kirkland
August 24, 2017

Rachael wants to know what the Boston Free Speech Rally on August 19, 2017 was all about. So she interviews one of the Organizers, one of the Speakers, and takes calls from people who where there. And discovers it was NOTHING like what the media hyped it up to be.

"DR. SHIVA AYYADURAI is an Indian-American who spoke at the Free Speech Rally in Boston. Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai is credited as inventing email at age 14"
http://www.shadowcitizen.online/index.php/2017/08/24/08-23-2017-whats-going-on-with-free-speech-dr-shiva-ayyadurai-garret-kirkland/

'Inventor of Email' Loses Libel Case Against TechDirt
September 6, 2017
A federal judge delivered a big blow to the self-proclaimed “inventor of email” on Wednesday, ruling that posts by the blog TechDirt calling him a “fake,” “phony,” and other names were not defamatory.

The ruling is a big win for TechDirt and its founder, Mike Masnick, and also for media outlets as a whole that have increasingly found themselves the targets of questionable lawsuits by well-funded critics.

With TechDirt, the case began early this year when entrepreneur Shiva Ayyadurai filed a $15 million libel complaint over articles that ridiculed his claim to be “the inventor of email.”

Ayyadurai, who runs a self-promotional website called “Inventor of Email,” developed an electronic messaging platform as a 14-year-old. His boast has been widely disputed, however, by computer scientists and technology historians, who attribute greater credit to others for creating email.
http://fortune.com/2017/09/06/inventor-of-email-loses-libel-case-against-techdirt/

So last Sept. a federal judge ruled that calling him a fake and phony was not defamatory.

I didn't watch that clip but it's been obvious for a long time that people don't read past the shiny label. It says it's about climate change so it must be good. Unfortunately that's too many words without any pictures for too many people. If they'd bother to see what it really does it might just change their mind about it.

kallend

You may wish to waste 12 minutes of your remaining lifespan watching a charlatan, but I don't.

Wow! Same thing I think of all your posts.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

He put short term profits over the future of America. I can see how the right would think that was the "right" thing to do.

It is really sad Bill, that you keep saying this kind of stuff.
Abraham Lincoln

Bob_Church

I didn't watch that clip but it's been obvious for a long time that people don't read past the shiny label. It says it's about climate change so it must be good. Unfortunately that's too many words without any pictures for too many people. If they'd bother to see what it really does it might just change their mind about it.

Once again someone wants to muddy the waters with statements like yours.

The climate changes! Mankind has adjusted to climate change since man started walking upright on the planet. Somehow people want to confuse climate change with man affecting the environment. Sad but that's the way the left Eco radicals have moved this debate. So sad!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

You may wish to waste 12 minutes of your remaining lifespan watching a charlatan, but I don't.

Wow! Same thing I think of all your posts.

If it takes you 12 minutes to read any of my posts you have a clear reading deficit, but it does explain a lot.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

***I didn't watch that clip but it's been obvious for a long time that people don't read past the shiny label. It says it's about climate change so it must be good. Unfortunately that's too many words without any pictures for too many people. If they'd bother to see what it really does it might just change their mind about it.

The climate changes! Mankind has adjusted to climate change since man started walking upright on the planet. Somehow people want to confuse climate change with man affecting the environment. Sad but that's the way the left Eco radicals have moved this debate. So sad!

Marc, do you have evidence disproving anthropogenic climate change? The thing is, at least for me, the same science that gave us airplanes, parachutes, AAD's and internet forums also gave us overwhelming evidence of anthropogenic climate change. So like the reality of the Moon landings and the shape of our planet I go with the scientific evidence which, so far, is overwhelming.

School me please. How am I in error?

I think Jesus would have stayed in the Paris Accords. A view shared by all other G20 nations.

However, I see on the internet that Trump is a "genius" - actually a "very stable genius"; so I understand that you must concur with the viewpoint (Trump's, not Jesus' of course)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

JoeWeber

******I didn't watch that clip but it's been obvious for a long time that people don't read past the shiny label. It says it's about climate change so it must be good. Unfortunately that's too many words without any pictures for too many people. If they'd bother to see what it really does it might just change their mind about it.

Marc, do you have evidence disproving anthropogenic climate change? The thing is, at least for me, the same science that gave us airplanes, parachutes, AAD's and internet forums also gave us overwhelming evidence of anthropogenic climate change. So like the reality of the Moon landings and the shape of our planet I go with the scientific evidence which, so far, is overwhelming.

Do you believe that America can influence the rest of the world's nations in such a manner as to actually control the earth's climate? Or, do you accept the fact that the earth simply goes through climatic changes?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*********I didn't watch that clip but it's been obvious for a long time that people don't read past the shiny label. It says it's about climate change so it must be good. Unfortunately that's too many words without any pictures for too many people. If they'd bother to see what it really does it might just change their mind about it.

Do you believe that America can influence the rest of the world's nations in such a manner as to actually control the earth's climate? Or, do you accept the fact that the earth simply goes through climatic changes?

Both

RonD1120

*********I didn't watch that clip but it's been obvious for a long time that people don't read past the shiny label. It says it's about climate change so it must be good. Unfortunately that's too many words without any pictures for too many people. If they'd bother to see what it really does it might just change their mind about it.

Ron,

Those are separate questions. The first makes no sense and the second is an obvious truth. I do believe we can influence a majority of the worlds nations to slow the rate of anthropogenic climate change. Yemen might be a tough sell, for example.

Just because climate change has a natural cycle does not mean that it can not be affected by human activities on the planet. You also have a natural life cycle that might be shortened or lengthened based on certain activities.

Why can you not see that climate change might also be affected positively or negatively by your activities? For example, maybe taking your own recycling bin to the curb won't move the world betterment needle in any measurable way but if a hell of a lot of people do it then less resources are wasted and so on. Of course, 7.5 Billion recycling bins on the worlds curbs may not be enough to slow down or stop the negative effects of our own activities.

For the sake of argument, I'll give it to you or anyone that stopping or slowing climate change may be futile in the extreme but that doesn't change the scientific truth of anthropogenic climate change.

JoeWeber

******I didn't watch that clip but it's been obvious for a long time that people don't read past the shiny label. It says it's about climate change so it must be good. Unfortunately that's too many words without any pictures for too many people. If they'd bother to see what it really does it might just change their mind about it.

It is not my job to disprove a negative. It is your job to prove your assertion. And as of yet no one has been able to do it
Abraham Lincoln

>It is not my job to disprove a negative.

You are correct; it's not your job. Fortunately, there are thousands of climate scientists out there, and it IS their job to understand the climate and how it's changing. And well over 95% of them agree that our emissions of gases (mainly CO2 and methane) have resulted in a warming trend over the past 150 years.

So you can try to prove them wrong, or you can just accept that they are right. Your choice.

>And as of yet no one has been able to do it

Other than the thousands of scientists who have.

One of the biggest problems deniers have is that they regularly make claims like "climate change ended in 1998!" and predict that it will now cool off. They have been wrong - every single time. So people have two groups to choose from:

-Climate scientists, whose predictions as far back as 1990 have proven remarkably accurate

-Climate change deniers, who are always wrong

That's why more and more people are going with science.

rushmc

It is not my job to disprove a negative. It is your job to prove your assertion. And as of yet no one has been able to do it

Interesting. You said:"...since man started walking upright on the planet." That implies that you believe in the scientific theory of evolution in some degree. Is that the case?

billvon

One of the biggest problems deniers have is that they regularly make claims like "climate change ended in 1998!"

No-one here would ever make such a silly claim.

Would they?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

One of the biggest problems deniers have is that they regularly make claims like "climate change ended in 1998!"

No-one here would ever make such a silly claim.

Would they?

No-one with an IQ above 90. (I'm being generous)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

And yet they cannot provide any verifiable proof that man is affecting the climate.
Abraham Lincoln

>And yet they cannot provide any verifiable proof that man is affecting the climate.

Man is emitting large quantities of CO2. Proven, by simple math.

His CO2 emissions are increasing the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. Proven, by calculation and direct observation of actual CO2 concentrations.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and increasing its concentration will retain more heat. Proven, by simple high school level science experiments.

"But wait" you say. "There can be all sorts of magical secondary effects which could completely null out any temperature increase!" That could be. So in 1990, the IPCC predicted what would happen in the absence of any magical wishful thinking i.e. based purely on climate science. Actual warming closely matched those predictions, demonstrating that their models were valid.

Thus, scientific proof.

rushmc

And yet they cannot provide any verifiable proof that man is affecting the climate.

Marc, that is a complete untruth. The proof is simple. Higher sea levels, retreating glaciers, higher average temps, and higher CO levels. All following the prediction models. The only thing missing is your willingness to accept the evidence. Your belief system does not and will not change those facts.

The stubbornness you exhibit is sometimes awe inspiring. But it does not look good on you.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Another blow for deniers everywhere:
================================
Federal Regulator Rejects Energy Department's Bid To Prop Up Coal, Nuclear

January 9, 201812:00 PM ET
Camila Domonoske NPR

A federal energy regulator has rejected a proposed rule that would have subsidized nuclear and coal plants, helping those fuel sources compete with cheaper natural gas and renewables.
. . .
The decision is a blow to the Trump administration and to Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who have advocated for the rule. (Bringing back the flagging coal industry was one of Trump's signature campaign promises.) It's a victory for an unusual coalition of opponents — including the natural gas industry, renewable energy providers, environmentalists and free-market conservatives.

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is a regulatory agency tasked with overseeing the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil and electricity. Four of its five members, including the chairman, were nominated by President Trump.
==================================

RonD1120

That's not really an "either/or" proposition.

First, off, yes. The US can influence the rest of the world as far as climate change goes.
Supporting renewable and less polluting energy sources, instead of coal and oil, supporting recycling instead of shipping our trash overseas, putting our incredible R&D resources into reducing energy use overall, the list goes on and on.
But, we have a "leader" with the emotional development of a 5 year old, who is determined to "bring back the coal industry", when everyone else (including the coal industry) realizes that it is inevitable that it decline.
We have a party in control that is determined to "prove" that AGW isn't real.

Second the earth does go through natural climate changes. It has done so for billions of years (not just 6,000).
But the changes we are seeing today (and have seen for the past 50 - 100 years) are unlike any ever seen before. At least not during the time of man.
Maybe when the meteor that took out the dinosaurs hit, there was a climate event more drastic and sudden, but that's really about it.
We are seeing changes that would take thousands of years happening in decades.
And there's solid evidence that man is at fault.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo