Bob_Church

Right message wrong audience

billvon

Because they believe that black people are inherently different than white people, and thus more likely to commit violence.

Sadly, I know far too many self-proclaimed "not a racists" who hold that very belief, despite the belief not being justified by any body of objective research.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

No matter what your race is, if you force a cop into a position where they think you are going to kill them they'll defend themselves.

Like running away from a cop when told to freeze. Yep, that cop now has reason to believe his life is in immediate danger.

Or, it's an offense that deserves the death penalty, right then and there, no due process. :S

Neither of these arguments support the outcome of a dead suspect this scenario.

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I don't think we can know that until it happens at anywhere near the same rate.

Bullshit.

We see it in media coverage of shootings.
We see it in how cases are handled.
We see it in how people are approached and "investigated".
List goes on and on. Don't need parity in rate to establish any of that.

TriGirl

No matter what your race is, if you force a cop into a position where they think you are going to kill them they'll defend themselves.

Like running away from a cop when told to freeze. Yep, that cop now has reason to believe his life is in immediate danger.

Or, it's an offense that deserves the death penalty, right then and there, no due process. :S

Neither of these arguments support the outcome of a dead suspect this scenario.

Maybe not, but the reality is that when told to freeze, doing otherwise tends to be a bad career move.

Hitchhiking to High School, I found myself confronted with a LEO pointing a .357 at me. I followed orders, and demonstrated that I was not the Very Dangerous Perp he was seeking. Had I turned and run, or otherwise made rapid moves, there is a strong chance that I would have been immediately shot in the center of mass.

When sleeping on the wing of my plane while waiting for the FBO to open for fuel (it was rattlesnake country), I was awakened by a searchlight and barked instructions. Again, had I stood my ground and done much of anything except follow orders, there is a fair chance I would have been used for target practice (these guys were REAL jumpy).

If one is in that position, regardless of the apparent merits of the situation, it is best to follow orders and address the issue later - the old "tried by 12 vs. carried by 6" scenario.

When sleeping on the wing of my plane while waiting for the FBO to open for fuel (it was rattlesnake country), I was awakened by a searchlight and barked instructions. Again, had I stood my ground and done much of anything except follow orders, there is a fair chance I would have been used for target practice (these guys were REAL jumpy).

Had you been a real man rather than a sheeple, you would have stood your ground (or your wing) drawn your weapon and ended the threat to your life. And you'd have the full support of the NRA.

billvon

Had you been a real man rather than a sheeple, you would have stood your ground (or your wing) drawn your weapon and ended the threat to your life. And you'd have the full support of the NRA.

Dude, I AM the NRA, and I know better. So do you.