Bob_Church

Right message wrong audience

Bob_Church

***I don't get your post title. Who is the wrong audience? Who is the messenger?

He dedicated his life to convincing white people that black lives matter, but was shot, as are the overwhelming majority of black shooting victims, by a black man.

How dare those uppity guys say something right....

SkyDekker

******I don't get your post title. Who is the wrong audience? Who is the messenger?

He dedicated his life to convincing white people that black lives matter, but was shot, as are the overwhelming majority of black shooting victims, by a black man.

How dare those uppity guys say something right....

Like what? I have no idea what you're saying.

Young black men are being slaughtered on a daily basis by other young black men. No amount of denial, no amount of pointing to the occasional killing of a black man or woman by a white person will change the fact that for a huge number of young black men the last thing they will ever see is another young black man with a gun in his hand. Ignoring this very uncomfortable fact won't stop the funerals.

Why would you think that advocating for one things means you are ignoring another thing?

Your argument is as silly as saying that white people can kill black people, because black people kill black people.

Would you have made a comment similar to this if he had been killed by a drunk driver?

Do you think that the Black Lives Matter movement is only related to murder?

You seem to have a very basic understanding of racism and institutional racism. Your attitude is very similar to people who feel that black people shouldn't complain so much and that this is all their own fault.

BLM is primarily about cops killing black people.

It is not about white people killing black people. At all.

Say it with me, Black Lives Matter isn't about white vs black.

People like you really, really want it to be so you can ignore it. But it isn't. Sorry.

- Dan G

DanG

BLM is primarily about cops killing black people.

It is not about white people killing black people. At all.

Say it with me, Black Lives Matter isn't about white vs black.

People like you really, really want it to be so you can ignore it. But it isn't. Sorry.

Ok, sure. We continue our strategy of saving black lives by blaming it on something less uncomfortable than the real cause of their deaths. After all, that's been working so well so far, hasn't it?

SkyDekker

Why would you think that advocating for one things means you are ignoring another thing?

Your argument is as silly as saying that white people can kill black people, because black people kill black people.

Would you have made a comment similar to this if he had been killed by a drunk driver?

You seem to have a very basic understanding of racism and institutional racism. Your attitude is very similar to people who feel that black people shouldn't complain so much and that this is all their own fault.

Go ahead and keep twisting reality like a balloon animal. It won't stop the slaughter. Or does it matter, since all the blood shed involves young black men?

I remember discussing the terrorism in South Africa with an Afrikaner. It was in the mid-80s and we shared an office building in the Tampa Bay area. The focus of our discussion was the Communist support for the rebels. He wrote that off as insignificant because "blacks kill blacks, it is part of their culture."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I remember discussing the terrorism in South Africa with an Afrikaner. It was in the mid-80s and we shared an office building in the Tampa Bay area. The focus of our discussion was the Communist support for the rebels. He wrote that off as insignificant because "blacks kill blacks, it is part of their culture."

I think it's culture not race, at least in the US. I see a lot of the same attitude and violence among young people here in Appalachia who have absolutely nothing to lose. About the time the black community was becoming solidly middle class we sold the middle class out by sending all their jobs overseas. Desperate people do desperate things. And those things might not seem related to the underlying problems, like lack of jobs causing black youth and hillbillies to run around with guns and kill each other, but it creates this chaos where basically "why not?"
When I was growing up I had no respect for authority but I still reigned in my bad behavior because I didn't want to lose my future of a job and home.
Take those way and what limits does a young person have?

RonD1120

In the mid 80s whites killing blacks was a pretty big part of their culture too. You know, apartheid and all.

So in your mind, an organization dedicated to preventing police violence against blacks is a waste of time because more black people are killed by other black civilians than by cops?

Man, you must really have it out for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Why are they wasting so much time and money? Way more people are killed by heart disease. Ostriches with their heads in the sand, those MDA morons!

- Dan G

DanG

So in your mind, an organization dedicated to preventing police violence against blacks is a waste of time because more black people are killed by other black civilians than by cops?

Man, you must really have it out for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Why are they wasting so much time and money? Way more people are killed by heart disease. Ostriches with their heads in the sand, those MDA morons!

Just keep twisting shit around. I know how I feel, and if other people are interested they can just read what I wrote.

Bob_Church

***Why would you think that advocating for one things means you are ignoring another thing?

Go ahead and keep twisting reality like a balloon animal. It won't stop the slaughter. Or does it matter, since all the blood shed involves young black men?

As the father of a young black man I think I have a pretty decent grasp on the reality he faces.

SkyDekker

******Why would you think that advocating for one things means you are ignoring another thing?

As the father of a young black man I think I have a pretty decent grasp on the reality he faces.

Well, that's that then.

No twisting needed. You said it yourself. As long as black on black violence is a problem, you think we should ignore violence against innocent blacks by the authorities.

And no, Michael Brown wasn't a martyr. But Castille was. Is what happened to him okay because other blacks are shooting each other somewhere else in the country?

- Dan G

>We continue our strategy of saving black lives by blaming it on something less
>uncomfortable than the real cause of their deaths.

The real cause of blacks dying at the hands of cops is blacks being shot by cops - often for no reason other than they are black. That's what BLM is trying to stop. I would assume you agree with that approach.

Bob_Church

Just keep twisting shit around. I know how I feel, and if other people are interested they can just read what I wrote.

Inside your head is where the most spectacular mental gymnastics are apparently being performed.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

billvon

>We continue our strategy of saving black lives by blaming it on something less
>uncomfortable than the real cause of their deaths.

The real cause of blacks dying at the hands of cops is blacks being shot by cops - often for no reason other than they are black. That's what BLM is trying to stop. I would assume you agree with that approach.

I don't believe in your statement and the reality doesn't back them up. Over and over I read reports of someone doing something that I know, absolutely, would get me killed. The difference is that if I did it all of my friends and loved ones would say "what was Bob thinking? You can't do that!"

For instance, there is a standard procedure for being pulled over while legally carrying a concealed weapon. First off, hands on the top of the steering wheel. And they stay there until you've told the cop that you are carrying. What's that, but he already asked for your id? So what, he didn't know you were carrying then. And if you've got an IQ at least as big as your belt size you know that. You keep your hands on the top of the wheel until the cop knows the you have a gun then you follow their instructions. Exactly If you did screw up and start digging for ID, and that is a serious screw up, you instantly put your hands back on the wheel. You do not tell a cop that you have a gun then keep digging around. Why? Because this WILL get you killed and I don't care what your race, gender, social status or anything else is. And at this point neither does the cop, you've put a cop who has a gun aimed at you into a position where that person has no way of knowing what you will pull out until it's too late. And nothing will change that. What's that you say, racism is a real problem? Cops unfairly assume the worst? If you believe that then isn't that just another reason to act like you're not a brain dead cop hating criminal with a gun so PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL. It's not rocket science. When I get pulled over I put my hands on the steering wheel until I'm told to do something else then do that. That's because I don't want to die and I don't want everyone I know wondering why I acted so stupid. Carrying a couple concealed weapon may be legal but that doesn't make it anywhere near trivial. Personally I suspect that far more people will get themselves killed with concealed carry than save themselves.