ryoder

The NRA Says It’s in Deep Financial Trouble, May Be ‘Unable to Exist’

billvon

Even with all that money from Russia? How strange; it's almost like Americans are growing spines.

Well, think about this:
Maria Butina gets locked up, and suddenly we hear the NRA is going broke.
I'm thinking she was delivering the checks.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

In other news: Another huge win for the NRA... The traditionally leftist extremist court, the ninth circuit court of appeals, rules US citizens have a constitutional right to openly carry a firearm for self-defense in public.

http://thehill.com/homenews/398588-appeals-court-rules-constitution-protects-right-to-carry-gun-in-public

I wonder what will happen if it gets appealed and subsequently heard by the US Supreme Court this fall?

buh-bye NRA. I hear it is really an issue where they can no longer secure insurance for their organization and once again, insurance companies rule the world... sad in many cases, but not this one. What insurance company would take them on, knowing that every time there is a mass shooting, some insurance company somewhere is going to pay out tens of million or more.

If they go broke, I could give a shit. Whether or not you are pro or anti gun or anywhere in the middle, the NRA is NOT the advocacy group they used to be or should be. Completely corrupted by money and greed, working mostly for the sale of guns, not the promotion of any particular '2nd amendment goals'.

Let them die.

Cuomo on the NRA's pending bankruptcy: "Too bad. You violated the law, and it's not a defense to say, 'Well, I was committing illegal activity, but I was making money from it, and now I'm upset that I lost the revenue.' "

But . . . but . . . they only violated the law to help themselves! What, you're not allowed to help yourself any more? The US is becoming a communist nation!

What the NRA is doing is two fold. First, they are suing Cuomo and NY State for blatant abuses of power. And having read the suit, if they can get an impartial judge, this is an open and shut case. Sadly, Cuomo’s arrogance will cost NY State taxpayers dearly. Second, they are capitalizing on the leftist extremist media hatred as a fund raising tool. The left are the kings of screwing themselves with unintended consequences of their actions. Like the old cliche goes: never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

The NRA isn’t saying that they’re broke, they’re saying that if the NY state regulators manage to block their ability to enter into legal voluntary ordinary financial arrangements with banks and insurance companies, they’ll be unable to continue doing business in New York.

The leftist extremists keep losing on guns. They simply can’t persuade rational, reasonable adults who have experienced reality that they’re safer without effective means of self-defense. Additionally, their effort to make their case is so often rooted in condescension, hatred and ignorance that it’s deeply alienating. The louder they scream and the more they stomp their feet, the stronger the resolve of freedom loving people becomes.

>What the NRA is doing is two fold. First, they are suing Cuomo and NY State for
>blatant abuses of power.

They are suing NY for doing its job, which is to enforce the law.

>The leftist extremists keep losing on guns.

Yep. The NRA is really winning lately! Heck, if they win any more, they may cease to exist.

Followup article in RS: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/nra-new-york-lawsuit-706918/

But the manner in which the NRA’s new distress claims surfaced casts doubt on the idea that this legal action is only a cynical PR ploy. The NRA has been suing the state of New York, without much fanfare, since May. And its original complaint warned the group had “suffered tens of millions of dollars in damages.”

The amended complaint — providing the details of extreme financial distress that made news last week — was submitted on July 20th. The new filing was not peddled to a gun-friendly news outlet. The NRA did not cover the suit on NRATV or post a link to the filing on its website, as it had done with the original May complaint. Nor did the NRA leak the news to the New York Times — an outlet the gun group has taught its members to revile — where the cry for help would have created maximum news impact. Instead, the filing went quiet for a week and a half, before getting noticed by a legal reporter in Albany, picked up by The Trace, with the actual documents being published in full on Rolling Stone.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The gun-rights lobby outspends, out-organizes and out-maneuvers gun-control advocates at both the state and federal level consistently. Around the country, states passed more than twice as many laws expanding gun owners’ rights than they did gun-control measures. You'll never hear this of course on the leftist extremist media outlets because it doesn't fit their radical authoritarian narrative. Meanwhile, the US supreme court is now decidedly pro-second amendment, and will be for years to come. Even the liberal biased 9th circuit court of appeals recently admitted (ruled) that carrying a gun in public for self defense is a constitutional right. The next big story (which we'll never hear on mainstream media) is that California will be forced to allow law abiding citizens to arm themselves, even in radical extremist safe haven San Francisco.

In other news, a US District Court judge issued a preliminary injunction blocking a ban on possession of magazines holding more than ten rounds of ammunition in California. Subsequently, the 9th circuit upheld the ruling. Yet another victory for freedom and defeat for radical authoritarian leftism.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/johannes-paulsen/breaking-federal-judge-blocks-californias-magazine-ban/

sudo242

I'll reiterate my previous point:

Additionally, their effort to make their case is so often rooted in condescension, hatred and ignorance that it’s deeply alienating.

The exact same thing could correctly be said about gun nuts.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

You may have missed my point - if I was too subtle, that's on me.

Regarding the thread, I'm not really pro or anti gun at this point. Gun control like ours would never work for your country, different foundations and existing supplies in place.

Imo, the gun violence issue you have in the US is a combination of ease of access and a cultural attitude that it's acceptable to end a fist-fight with a bullet.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

mistercwood

You may have missed my point - if I was too subtle, that's on me.

Regarding the thread, I'm not really pro or anti gun at this point. Gun control like ours would never work for your country, different foundations and existing supplies in place.

Imo, the gun violence issue you have in the US is a combination of ease of access and a cultural attitude that it's acceptable to end a fist-fight with a bullet.

The more sophisticated way to put it is that we can interpret anything as attempted murder and act to protect ourselves with lethal force. Somehow private citizens in some states have more leeway than police officers in this regard.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher