RMK

Final Days of the Trump Presidency?

SkyDekker

******>Don't forget that an event can be possible while having a probability of exactly zero.

If it has a probability of zero, it is not possible.

That's not actually true. It's all down to the Lebesgue measure of the open interval (a, b) being exactly equal to the Lebesgue measure of the closed interval [a, b], a < b, both real.

Thought of a different way, when we integrate over (a, b), we get the same result as if we integrate over [a, b] (assuming the integral is defined on both intervals, of course).

If we are to randomly select a number from [a, b], the probability of that number being a is exactly zero, likewise for b. It is, however, possible that the selected number is a or b. The same is true of any particular (i.e., specified before the random selection takes place) number in [a, b].

Sure, and technically collusion isn't a crime. But when people have a conversation and general terms are used.....

I actually threw it out there only because it is an interesting (to me), albeit counterintuitive, mathematical result that was related to your comment. It wasn't intended to add commentary or call anyone out about imprecision. I apologize if it came across that way.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I see the Trump Organisation’s CFO was granted immunity today. Along with the National Enquirer’s head.

The Trump CEO has been in the Trump Org since the 1970’s; so can surely provide some good info.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

I see the Trump Organisation’s CFO was granted immunity today. Along with the National Enquirer’s head.

The Trump CEO has been in the Trump Org since the 1970’s; so can surely provide some good info.

That's important because it means they cannot assert fifth amendment protection.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

kallend

"You know, campaign violations are considered not a big deal, frankly."; Donald Trump, on Fox and Friends, 8/22/2018

Translation: "I've cheated on everything else in my life, so why can't I cheat my way to the Presidency?"

Don

You can reduce anything Trump says to three simple statements. Take this one:

"You know, campaign violations are considered not a big deal, frankly."; Donald Trump, on Fox and Friends, 8/22/2018

1) I didn't do it
2) OK I did it but it's not that bad
3) Obama did it first

Did Trump know about the payment? Trump, Apr 5: "No. No." How about where the money came from? Trump: "No, I don’t know. No."

1) I didn't do it
3) Obama did it first

"If you look at President Obama, he had a massive campaign violation, but he had a different attorney general, and they viewed it a lot different." - Trump, Aug 22

1) I didn't do it
3) Obama did it first

Note that we have posters here who follow exactly the same patterns.