RMK

Final Days of the Trump Presidency?

Watching the news just now; this is starting to get fun.

Meanwhile, while this is happening, he’s on his way to one of his trademark white trash festivals (AKA Trump Rally).
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Gonna be funny when Trump finishes his first term AND then gets re-elected. The meltdown is gonna be epic. :D

But yep... wrong forum.

ETA: you say white trash, well we just kicked a 95 year old Nazi out, back to Germany. Kinda hoses the Trump is Hitler narrative the libs like to parrot.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Firstly, no, I don't think it's Trump's final days. I just don't see him getting impeached.

Second, I'm not convinced impeachment would be best for the country anyway. There would be riots from the armed masses who support him and think the investigation is a hatchet job, and his replacement is arguably worse.

Mitigate his catastrophic impact for the rest of his term and hope the Dems pull something out of the bag is my hope.

BillyVance

Gonna be funny when Trump finishes his first term AND then gets re-elected. The meltdown is gonna be epic. :D

But yep... wrong forum.

ETA: you say white trash, well we just kicked a 95 year old Nazi out, back to Germany. Kinda hoses the Trump is Hitler narrative the libs like to parrot.

In all honesty, not a single funny thing about what this country is going through right now.

RMK

...Meanwhile, while this is happening, he’s on his way to one of his trademark white trash festivals (AKA Trump Rally).

Leftist extremist efforts to make their case is so often rooted in condescension, hatred and ignorance that it’s deeply alienating. You just alienated half of the US population just to get your kicks.

yoink

There would be riots from the armed masses who support him and think the investigation is a hatchet job...

In my humble opinion, we are in the early stages of a really dangerous time. I don't think the leftist extremists realize how close we are to violence.

sudo242

***...Meanwhile, while this is happening, he’s on his way to one of his trademark white trash festivals (AKA Trump Rally).

Leftist extremist efforts to make their case is so often rooted in condescension, hatred and ignorance that it’s deeply alienating. You just alienated half of the US population just to get your kicks.

yoink

There would be riots from the armed masses who support him and think the investigation is a hatchet job...

In my humble opinion, we are in the early stages of a really dangerous time. I don't think the leftist extremists realize how close we are to violence.

Did you look at the first comment on this thread?

Your confirmation bias is showing.

yoink

Firstly, no, I don't think it's Trump's final days. I just don't see him getting impeached.

Second, I'm not convinced impeachment would be best for the country anyway. There would be riots from the armed masses who support him and think the investigation is a hatchet job, and his replacement is arguably worse.

Mitigate his catastrophic impact for the rest of his term and hope the Dems pull something out of the bag is my hope.

Considering a convicted criminal picked the VP, you are probably right.

SkyDekker

******...Meanwhile, while this is happening, he’s on his way to one of his trademark white trash festivals (AKA Trump Rally).

yoink

The forum in which it was posted is irrelevant. Free speech does not protect someone from the consequences of their speech.

SkyDekker

***Firstly, no, I don't think it's Trump's final days. I just don't see him getting impeached.

Considering a convicted criminal picked the VP, you are probably right.

Why is Canada picking a diplomatic war with Saudi Arabia and an economic war with the USA? You know what usually comes after that don't you? It won't end well for Canada.

There you go again with the scary talk and the hyperbole. Trump is a disgrace to the USA. It's not "leftist extremists" who desperately want the madness to end. It's large numbers of all sides of society, left and right. Yes, there may be a few nutballs out there who may engage in right wing terrorist acts, but the American justice system is strong enough to shut them down as quickly as the Charlottesville rioters were shut down. The unfortunate situation that exists now will be resolved peacefully one way or another. There will be loud gnashing of teeth and groans of complaint, but the nightmare will end.

And just quit bitching about extremists. It is not in anyway extreme to recognize just what Trump is. You just have to look at his behavior on record for many decades. Wanting a better person than Trump as POTUS is normal thinking. Nowhere near any extreme.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>Free speech does not protect someone from the consequences of their speech.

You are correct. We have other laws for that.

Yes, there are some very dangerous right-wing extremists out there right now. (In fact, you are twice as likely to be killed by a right wing extremist here in the US than an Islamic terrorist.) The answer is not "coddle them."

Why is Canada picking a diplomatic war with Saudi Arabia and an economic war with the USA? You know what usually comes after that don't you? It won't end well for Canada.

The Saudi Prince reacted to a tweet sent out by a Canadian official by starting a war of words to stir up his population and distract from domestic issues. Almost Trumpian. Economic war with the USA? Are you making some sort of threats? Or just engaging in more over the top hyperbole?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The Saudi Prince reacted to a tweet sent out by a Canadian official by starting a war of words to stir up his population and distract from domestic issues. Almost Trumpian. Economic war with the USA? Are you making some sort of threats? Or just engaging in more over the top hyperbole?

The point is that your own country is falling apart before your eyes and all you do is meddle in other country's business. History shows this is a really bad idea.

And if you all think that a very violent and bloody war is not a possibility, then you are delusional and should go back to school and study history. Freedom loving people will only go so far to appease the tyrants trying to strip them of their freedom.

The point is that your own country is falling apart before your eyes and all you do is meddle in other country's business. History shows this is a really bad idea.

And if you all think that a very violent and bloody war is not a possibility, then you are delusional and should go back to school and study history. Freedom loving people will only go so far to appease the tyrants trying to strip them of their freedom.

Okay then. Take a deep breath. Now, follow you own advice and study history and the conditions that brought about bloody wars and revolutions. Then look around you at how well off, fat and satisfied most people in the USA and Canada really are. We are all far too well off to even consider ourselves oppressed to the point of needing to fight.

That word "hyperbole" that I keep using? Your post is almost a dictionary example of what it means. I can assure you Canada is not falling apart. It's doing quite well thank you very much. Although I can partly agree with you that America currently has a wannabe "tyrant" as POTUS. Fortunately the "Deep State" is limiting his ability to do mischief.

Of course, as an American (At least I assume you are. Your profile gives no indication as to who you may be) you should be well acquainted with what happens when you meddle in others affairs. Your country has a very long and extensive history of doing just that.

billvon

>Why is Canada picking a diplomatic war with Saudi Arabia and an economic war with the USA?

You do realize that Trump started that particular economic war, right? On June 1 he imposed tariffs on steel and aluminum from Canada.

He imposed the tariffs in response to Canada refusing to eliminate THEIR tariffs. This is one thing I hate abut leftists. They can't comprehend the difference between tactics and strategy The tactic is to use even bigger tariffs, the strategy is to eliminate all tariffs. But you are so blinded by rage and hate that you can't even see the simple concepts anymore.

sudo242

*********...Meanwhile, while this is happening, he’s on his way to one of his trademark white trash festivals (AKA Trump Rally).

yoink

The forum in which it was posted is irrelevant. Free speech does not protect someone from the consequences of their speech.

What the fuck are you on about?

You complain about a poster here being condescending towards the right, while completely missing a poster being condescending to the left.

On top of that, you are intent on labeling anybody to the left of you as extreme.

It is interesting that you are accusing Canada of starting a trade war. I think your reality is a little skewed, stop licking all those bullets. Lead is bad for you.

sudo242

***>Why is Canada picking a diplomatic war with Saudi Arabia and an economic war with the USA?

You do realize that Trump started that particular economic war, right? On June 1 he imposed tariffs on steel and aluminum from Canada.

He imposed the tariffs in response to Canada refusing to eliminate THEIR tariffs. This is one thing I hate abut leftists. They can't comprehend the difference between tactics and strategy The tactic is to use even bigger tariffs, the strategy is to eliminate all tariffs. But you are so blinded by rage and hate that you can't even see the simple concepts anymore.

Which tarrifs did Canada refuse to eliminate in your opinion?

For somebody who complains about the "extreme left" being condescending etc. you certainly are setting a great example.

He imposed the tariffs in response to Canada refusing to eliminate THEIR tariffs.

You very obviously know little about the matter. Trump imposed world wide tariffs on all steel and aluminum imports as a response to the oversupply in world markets caused by Chinese over production. Canada just got caught in the same net as everyone else.

Your hatred of "leftists" is obvious. You misunderstanding of just what the word means and who leftist are is also obvious. Opposing tariffs (which are actually taxes) is a very conservative tradition. Leftists on the other hand usually support them as they see them as good for the union workers.

You should try doing some learning.