2 2
billvon

The swamp

SkyDekker

Anyone occupying that office is allowed (by law) to "insert" himself into these discussions. Just a fact.

The emoluments clause says different. Just a fact.

Ok. I'm willing to listen. How is deciding where a federal agency is located violating the aforementioned clause? And please remember, exploring relocation of DC agencies didn't start with the current president. Please provide something to support your position. I love to learn.

Now do I think the Trump hotel is violating the clause? I think there's a very good case for it. But (imho) that is a separate issue.

dorkitup

Anyone occupying that office is allowed (by law) to "insert" himself into these discussions. Just a fact.

The emoluments clause says different. Just a fact.

Ok. I'm willing to listen. How is deciding where a federal agency is located violating the aforementioned clause? And please remember, exploring relocation of DC agencies didn't start with the current president. Please provide something to support your position. I love to learn.

Now do I think the Trump hotel is violating the clause? I think there's a very good case for it. But (imho) that is a separate issue.

Because in this case particularly, the location of the federal agency in question has a direct impact on a Trump hotel.

So please explain in more detail so I can understand. I don't want to pretend I know what anyone is thinking nor do I think I have all the answers or know everything. Thanks!

OK, I will make you a deal. You answer my questions and I will answer yours.

1) Do you think that a hotel does better (or worse) depending on where it is located with respect to other things? i.e. do the surroundings (other hotels, attractions, places of business) affect how much money a hotel makes?

2) Do you think a hotel owner cares about what is around his hotel? Whether he's close to Disneyland, or Microsoft, or a street full of liquor stores and topless bars for example?

3) Do you think a government official should be able to use his power as a government official to enrich himself, by changing city zoning laws (for example) to help his businesses and hurt his competitors?

In case you hadn't see today's article: https://www.npr.org/2018/10/18/658509261/trump-intervened-in-fbi-hq-project-to-protect-his-hotel-democrats-allege

"GSA press secretary Pamela Dixon said Cummings and the Democrats are putting the blame in the wrong place: The FBI made the decisions about the headquarters project, not the president.
"As previously testified by GSA and the FBI, the leadership team at the FBI made the decision to keep its headquarters at the current Pennsylvania Avenue location," Dixon said.

She continued: "A number of emails referenced in today's congressional letter are taken out of context and refer to the project's funding approach, not the location decision. Suggestions that those emails indicate presidential involvement in the location decision are inaccurate."

Remember, GSA hasn't been exactly nice to Trump.

In fact, according to the article, the Democrats that brought up the issue did so because their districts would have made money if the HQ was relocated there. I don't blame them. It sucks to lose potential money when an opportunity like this arises, but I'm still not convinced Trump did anything nefarious. It sounds more like they're mad from loss of potential income in their districts. You certainly haven't presented any evidence to the contrary. But I did like this gem:

If you own a hotel across from the FBI building you will do very, very well - people who visit the FBI (and many people do, from all over the country) tend to stay there.

Please provide a source for this subjective comment, and quantify "many" if you would (and "very, very well"). :D To me, it just doesn't seem like you know the area very well with that kind of statement.

I AM curious why they are focusing on FBI. Its strange considering a number of agencies in DC (with similar sized buildings) all looked at the option of moving to the suburbs but there's no mention of them in the press. The numbers just didn't make sense. As I said before, I think FBI made even less sense given DOJ (who they work for) is across the street.

WaPo: Trump is preparing to remove Kirstjen Nielsen as Homeland Security secretary, aides say
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-is-preparing-to-remove-kirstjen-nielsen-as-homeland-security-secretary-aides-say/2018/11/12/77111496-e6b0-11e8-bbdb-72fdbf9d4fed_story.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Trump picks handbag designer, Mar-a-Lago member to be envoy to South Africa

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/politics/trump-lana-marks-south-africa/index.html

So apparently ambassadorships are being handed out at Mar-a-Lago as party favors now.
At least she does know something about South Africa.

ETA And here we are almost 2 years into this administration, with THIRTY-TWO unfilled ambassador positions: http://www.afsa.org/list-ambassadorial-appointments
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Miami Herald: How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime
That would be Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta.
And it was child sex abuse, with 80 known victims, possibly more.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

ryoder

Miami Herald: How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

According to Q, J Epstein's network is under investigation along with the Clinton Foundation alleged connection.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

ryoder

from the article "But even more unusual, the deal included wording that granted immunity to “any potential co-conspirators’’

WTF is that even legal?
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

SkyDekker

According to Q, . . ..

Oh please!

Don't laugh;
My friend Harvey the rabbit has confirmed this.:|

Plus I'll add that the super special ops warrior who has the same ultra secret OPSEC decoder ring I have just texted me one letter: Q.

Q predicted himself, therefore guaranteeing his own veracity?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

***Miami Herald: How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

According to Q, J Epstein's network is under investigation along with the Clinton Foundation alleged connection.

Investigation by whom?

yoink

******Miami Herald: How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

Investigation by whom?

My understanding [Huber]
Coming Dec 5 ???
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.