2 2
billvon

The swamp

I can't fathom why the hell Sanders hasn't resigned.
What possible career path is enhanced by building a reputation of lying to every question?
At this point, who would be the most trusted?

a) Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf (aka “Baghdad Bob” )
b) David Leisure aka ("Joe Isuzu")
c) Sarah Huckabee Sanders
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Are we surprised?

Dr. Jennifer Peña, who like Jackson is a military physician detailed to the White House, was among those who made claims of professional misconduct against Jackson to senators considering his nomination, according to a person familiar with the events

Because the following looks like it's right off a page directly from the VP's playbook:

The allegations were troubling to many in Pence’s office and the White House, who felt that Peña misrepresented the severity of the situation in an effort to harm Jackson, according to the person familiar with the situation.

You know, as these women so often to do. This is why you should NEVER let yourself get caught in a room alone with a woman not your wife. She might accuse you of sexual misconduct. :S
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

You know, as these women so often to do. This is why you should NEVER let yourself get caught in a room alone with a woman not your wife. She might accuse you of sexual misconduct. :S

Prior to my retirement I never allowed a female student or staff member in my office unless the door was wide open. While the probability of a false accusation may be very low, the damage it can cause is extreme.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***You know, as these women so often to do. This is why you should NEVER let yourself get caught in a room alone with a woman not your wife. She might accuse you of sexual misconduct. :S

Prior to my retirement I never allowed a female student or staff member in my office unless the door was wide open. While the probability of a false accusation may be very low, the damage it can cause is extreme.As long as you did the same for the male students (e.g., all students), I would agree with your process.

Shut Up & Jump!

kallend

***You know, as these women so often to do. This is why you should NEVER let yourself get caught in a room alone with a woman not your wife. She might accuse you of sexual misconduct. :S

Prior to my retirement I never allowed a female student or staff member in my office unless the door was wide open. While the probability of a false accusation may be very low, the damage it can cause is extreme.

I was very very lucky. I've never had children so I have a habit of adopting them, so to speak. I'd become more than friends with many of my student workers and those who used the labs. I didn't try anything with them, for one thing I assumed they had better taste than that, and I always thought of them as children as a safety device. But over the years I'd gone and done a lot with several of them including one young woman who I can honestly say is one of the most beautiful women in the world accompanying me to Joe's (the director) house in the country to feed and play with his dog when he was out of town.
I never tried anything with them but to say I'd left myself vulnerable is a gross understatement.

Bob_Church

******You know, as these women so often to do. This is why you should NEVER let yourself get caught in a room alone with a woman not your wife. She might accuse you of sexual misconduct. :S

I was very very lucky. I've never had children so I have a habit of adopting them, so to speak. I'd become more than friends with many of my student workers and those who used the labs. I didn't try anything with them, for one thing I assumed they had better taste than that, and I always thought of them as children as a safety device. But over the years I'd gone and done a lot with several of them including one young woman who I can honestly say is one of the most beautiful women in the world accompanying me to Joe's (the director) house in the country to feed and play with his dog when he was out of town.
I never tried anything with them but to say I'd left myself vulnerable is a gross understatement. The problem with that statement is that only if you did try something without their consent, the victims would hear a lot of people saying, "well, why did you put yourself in that position, so he could have taken advantage of you?" It's victim blaming. You can't assume any one of those students would lie like that, any more than they could assume you would abuse the situation. Neither of you had given the other any reason to think that way -- you would just have been prejudiced (pre-judging based on no empirical evidence).

I don't think you left yourself any more vulnerable than a person walking through a public parking lot who gets mugged as they come out of the store.

Sorry for the tangent -- back to The Swamp.

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

*********You know, as these women so often to do. This is why you should NEVER let yourself get caught in a room alone with a woman not your wife. She might accuse you of sexual misconduct. :S

I never tried anything with them but to say I'd left myself vulnerable is a gross understatement. The problem with that statement is that only if you did try something without their consent, the victims would hear a lot of people saying, "well, why did you put yourself in that position, so he could have taken advantage of you?" It's victim blaming. You can't assume any one of those students would lie like that, any more than they could assume you would abuse the situation. Neither of you had given the other any reason to think that way -- you would just have been prejudiced (pre-judging based on no empirical evidence).

I don't think you left yourself any more vulnerable than a person walking through a public parking lot who gets mugged as they come out of the store.

Sorry for the tangent -- back to The Swamp.

The fact of the matter is that people can be very immature in their thinking and sometimes perception is reality. I don't think this is an issue in the professional world but it's very understandable in high schools and colleges/academics. A close friend of mine left her job as a high school teacher because she did speak with students one on one in her office and some girls started a rumor. The rumor turned into a full investigation and the first she heard of it was when she was brought into the main office with the regional superintendent, principal, several lawyers and the resource officer. At the end of this meeting in which they made it very obvious that they were not interested in hearing what she had to say she walked out and told them they needed to find a new teacher to finish the school year. One career down the drain.

In the professional world you are free of that academic environment, schools are so afraid of doing wrong that often they don't do what's right. In an office or business if rumors were to start about someone and their subordinate it's either considered water cooler bullshit or if it got out of hand then there are real implications to someone for spreading false rumors. Yes, there's always the risk of someone lying that they were the subject of an inappropriate action but companies have a wide range of paths to take and the exception should not dictate the norm by which professionals interact.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

And yet Larry Nassar was left in his position as physician to the gymnastics team despite numerous reports of his behavior.

Go figure.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

And yet Larry Nassar was left in his position as physician to the gymnastics team despite numerous reports of his behavior.

Go figure.

I think a big part of that is that Sports have become Business in schools. But the big lesson to take away is to not think you can predict how thongs will play out. Expect anything.

Erroll

***But the big lesson to take away is to not think you can predict how thongs will play out. ........

You just became a bit more vulnerable......

:)

Ouch! I blame autocorrect, and my lawyers will back me up on that.

The photo teachers put a cabinet right across the hall from my office for students to get chemicals out of. Most of the chemistry seems to have been on the very bottom shelf, or maybe it's just the popularity of low riser jeans and thongs at the time that made it seem that way. I wasn't trying to look, but you'd have to be blind not to see since the cabinet was literally right in front of me.

headoverheels

***Who had Sarah Huckabee Sanders as the next out of the swamp?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sarah-sanders-raj-shah-planning-to-depart-the-white-house/

The end of the year is a long time off.

Time for another 900 lies alternate facts before then, at the current rate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******Who had Sarah Huckabee Sanders as the next out of the swamp?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sarah-sanders-raj-shah-planning-to-depart-the-white-house/

The end of the year is a long time off.

Time for another 900 lies alternate facts before then, at the current rate.

But you gotta admit, she makes for a bad-ass door man. I don't think that being Trump's chief deflector will hurt her career because who wouldn't want that woman in their corner? It was well understood that her job is to stonewall every aspect of Trump's life with the press and she's done an expert job at it.

ryoder

The Hill: Omarosa secretly recorded Trump: report
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/400965-report-former-white-house-staffer-secretly-recorded-trump

"I felt a great disturbance in the Swamp..."

Anyone here have an issue with the trend of people secretly recording interactions with the President of the United States. Fair use in an open forum is one thing but recording devices behind closed doors is entirely different.