2 2
billvon

The swamp

9 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Trump: "I just want to let you know, this was him, not me, because I’m with him."

Because opposing someone who gives sweetheart deals to sexual predators is definitely NOT a message Trump wants to send.

On 7/12/2019 at 2:46 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

It should be quite obvious by now that the only person Trump is with is himself.

He would flush his kids to save his own butt.

Jerry Baumchen

Ah, the phases of a Trump romance, I wonder how soon he'll turn.

A new tape released today shows Trump and Epstein choosing women at a party and commenting on their appearances.  At one point Trump grabs a woman and pats her on the ass.  The two spend a lot of time talking and laughing.  Odd, given Trump's statement that he "was not a fan" of Epstein, and didn't know him that well.

Justice is coming.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, billvon said:

A new tape released today shows Trump and Epstein choosing women at a party and commenting on their appearances.  At one point Trump grabs a woman and pats her on the ass.  The two spend a lot of time talking and laughing.  Odd, given Trump's statement that he "was not a fan" of Epstein, and didn't know him that well.

Justice is coming.

I saw that tape. It appears the Trumpster was thinking about integrating his eyebrows into his comb over to complete the look. Now that would have been cool!

Edited by JoeWeber

(edited)
32 minutes ago, billvon said:

Justice is coming.

Meh.  I saw it.  It's two slime balls in the rich guy party scene but does nothing more than establish that they knew each other enough to talk at a party.

Edited by DJL

7 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Don't bet on it.

I'd love it to happen, but his base is just fine with it. 
Just like they are fine with his racism.

(Not directed at Wolf but to the reactionary crowd at large regarding this)  I can't believe I'm coming to Trump's defense but seriously, two guys pointing out attractive girls at a buffalo bills cheerleader party?  That's not exactly damming even with what we know about Epstein.

19 minutes ago, DJL said:

I can't believe I'm coming to Trump's defense but seriously, two guys pointing out attractive girls at a buffalo bills cheerleader party?  That's not exactly damming even with what we know about Epstein.

That video in and of itself is not damning at all; nothing illegal about joking with another guy or picking out women.  It is yet another indication, though, that everything he says is a lie.

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

That video in and of itself is not damning at all; nothing illegal about joking with another guy or picking out women.  It is yet another indication, though, that everything he says is a lie.

That he knew Epstein?  I don't know, super rich people run in the same circles.  I see it no differently than when everyone freaks out about a picture of the Clintons with Putin or Farrakhan.  They simply will be in the same places and they accept each other's hospitality.  At this point it's a developing story as to what people knew about Epstein at the time even with Trump saying that it was rumored Epstein liked girls on the younger side.

2 hours ago, DJL said:

(Not directed at Wolf but to the reactionary crowd at large regarding this)  I can't believe I'm coming to Trump's defense but seriously, two guys pointing out attractive girls at a buffalo bills cheerleader party?  That's not exactly damming even with what we know about Epstein.

There's ample evidence that Trump is a sexual predator. 

There's a fair amount of evidence that he's willing to prey on teenagers. 

There's a growing amount of evidence that he & Epstein had similar tastes. 

The suit by the girl against Trump was filed before the election. It's not new. It's been dropped once or twice, dismissed a time or two. I'm not certain it's still open. But one thing about it is that it was a civil lawsuit because the statute of limitations had expired. 
Some of those SoLs have changed, to allow victims to press charges well after the fact. Not sure if any of Trump's crimes will fall under those. 

But in any case, it's pretty clear that he's committed rape. Likely more than once. 

But I doubt he will face consequences for it. 
And among those non-consequences would be a loss of support from his base. 

They don't condemn him for being a sexual predator. They admire it. Just like his racism.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

I wonder why Epstein took The Fifth when asked about partying with Trump and underage girls?

18 minutes ago, normiss said:

I wonder why Epstein took The Fifth when asked about partying with Trump and underage girls?

Trump was asked: "Have you ever been to a social function with Jeff Epstein and underage girls?"

He pointed to the sky, said it was going to rain, and walked off. ⁦

12 hours ago, normiss said:

Trump was asked: "Have you ever been to a social function with Jeff Epstein and underage girls?"

He pointed to the sky, said it was going to rain, and walked off. ⁦

He did that before Karem asked the question and the question was asking in the middle of a pack of reporters yelling questions.

Again, coming to Trumps defense.  These instances and accusations need to be accurate because if they're not then the entire issue gets thrown out, baby with the bath water.

14 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

But I doubt he will face consequences for it. 
And among those non-consequences would be a loss of support from his base. 

They don't condemn him for being a sexual predator. They admire it. Just like his racism.

There's absolute proof that he is a pathological liar.

There's proof he's a con-man (Trump U among other things).

There's proof he's a narcissist ("nobody is better than...")

There's proof he's ignorant (from his tweets, among other things)

There's proof he's self-serving.

There's proof he's lazy.

There's proof he's a hypocrite.

And his "base" just doesn't care.

14 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

There's a growing amount of evidence that he & Epstein had similar tastes. 

etc........................

I agree with all of that but these accusations need to be accurate.  Standing in a room and pointing at a group of women who's job it is to look hot in a prepared news fluff piece about Trump partying with girls who's job it is to look hot is absolutely not a condemnation.

2 hours ago, DJL said:

I agree with all of that but these accusations need to be accurate.  Standing in a room and pointing at a group of women who's job it is to look hot in a prepared news fluff piece about Trump partying with girls who's job it is to look hot is absolutely not a condemnation.

As I already said, it is not proof of any crime.  It is a strong indication that his repeated claims of not liking Epstein, or associating with him, are false.

Trump's new EPA administrator just said this:

"The FDA does this on a regular basis, which is actually why I was a little surprised at the comments tagged in the proposal…this isn’t necessarily new … manners of accessing science in the regulatory process. FDA routinely uses the double-blind scientific studies for their work where they have two teams of researchers replicating the same data, both teams don’t know each other exist and where they are. We don’t do that at the agency, we don’t do that across the entire federal government. I’ve believed for a long time that federal research would be more accepted by the public if you used the double-blind standard for everything. I don’t know if we have the funding to do that for everything but they certainly do that at the FDA. But there are things that we can do … to help the regulatory process by putting the data out there for the public to see that I think would really benefit to make our regulations stronger."

That's right, folks.  We now have an EPA administrator who doesn't even know what a double blind study is.  Perfect for the age of Trump.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:08 PM, DJL said:

That he knew Epstein?  I don't know, super rich people run in the same circles.  I see it no differently than when everyone freaks out about a picture of the Clintons with Putin or Farrakhan.  They simply will be in the same places and they accept each other's hospitality.  At this point it's a developing story as to what people knew about Epstein at the time even with Trump saying that it was rumored Epstein liked girls on the younger side.

Or -  Bin Laden . . .

:o