2 2
billvon

The swamp

58 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Yet not quite as dark as it would be.

I know!  If Clinton had been elected, how could the Nazis, white supremacists and far-right terrorists have any hope at all of being named "very fine people?"  You'd have fewer extremist murders; undertakers would be out of work.  Farmers would not be crushed by job-killing tariffis; what would bankruptcy lawyers do?   Statements coming out of the White House would be intelligent.  Kim Jong Un would remain an impotent joke.  It would be a horror show.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, billvon said:

I know!  If Clinton had been elected, how could the Nazis, white supremacists and far-right terrorists have any hope at all of being named "very fine people?"  You'd have fewer extremist murders; undertakers would be out of work.  Farmers would not be crushed by job-killing tariffis; what would bankruptcy lawyers do?   Statements coming out of the White House would be intelligent.  Kim Jong Un would remain an impotent joke.  It would be a horror show.

You think you do.

She would have channeled her inner Snow.

That's severe, if not fantasy speculation.

Undertakers would be doing just fine.  There are still all the illegal immigrants causing death country wide.

Are you talking about Farmers in China?

Statements would be even more devious, but hey - if you want to believe a lie more because it is well spoken . . . that's your thing.

KJU still is an impotent joke.

The last one I agree with.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:41 PM, turtlespeed said:

KJU still is an impotent joke.

KJU says "jump!" and Trump asks "when and how high?"  Trump has singlehandedly turned him from an impotent joke to a world leader with a seat at the table.

Undertakers would be doing just fine.  There are still all the illegal immigrants causing death country wide.

Given that illegal immigration goes down under democratic presidents, they'd be crying in their beer.

Are you talking about Farmers in China?

Nope.  Trump has been their dream come true.  In the face of Trump' job-killing tariffs, the East has turned to China for cheaper food.  He has their vote!

The UN tried to pass a resolution against using rape as a weapon of war.  Trump managed to derail it.  They are now considering passing a very watered, even more toothless version.

I imagine there are a lot of deplorables happy about that today. 

18 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Sorry - not paying anything to WAPO

You don't have to.  Just turn off java script.  DJL directed me to this plugin for chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-javascript-switcher/geddoclleiomckbhadiaipdggiiccfje?hl=en

Here's one for Fire Fox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/quick-js-switcher/

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

You don't have to.  Just turn off java script.  DJL directed me to this plugin for chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-javascript-switcher/geddoclleiomckbhadiaipdggiiccfje?hl=en

Here's one for Fire Fox:

Thanks - I'd feel wrong doing that. It kinda feels like stealing.

They are sending out a request for money to view their wares - I don't want to do a work around.

Its not like camping gear and walmart - :P

(Memories)

12 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
16 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Here's one for Fire Fox:

Thanks - I'd feel wrong doing that. It kinda feels like stealing. 

"Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind."

I won't try persuading you either way with that one.

12 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Hopefully you did see the reference to a very old and controversial topic here - maybe even from when it was "Talk Back"

I remember that one.  Anyway, here's the text:

April 29 at 8:16 PM

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein — whose tumultuous two years as the No. 2 Justice Department official were marked by battles over the special-counsel probe of President Trump — submitted a resignation letter Monday indicating he will leave the job in two weeks.

Rosenstein’s departure had been expected since the beginning of the year, but the date was repeatedly pushed back as special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wound down his investigation and compiled a report detailing his findings.

[‘I can land the plane’: How Rosenstein tried to mollify Trump, protect Mueller and save his job]

Since his first days on the job, Rosenstein’s role in the Trump administration was controversial, from the firing of FBI Director James B. Comey in May 2017 to the conclusion by Rosenstein and Attorney General William P. Barr that there was not sufficient evidence for an obstruction-of-justice case against the president.

In his resignation letter to Trump, Rosenstein praised the president for his personal charm and policy goals. “As I submit my resignation effective on May 11, I am grateful to you for the opportunity to serve; for the courtesy and humor you often display in our personal conversations; and for the goals you set in your inaugural address: patriotism, unity, safety, education, and prosperity, because ‘a nation exists to serve its citizens,’ ” Rosenstein wrote.

He ended his letter with a sentence that asserted the Justice Department’s independence, before closing with a phrase from Trump’s campaign: “We keep the faith, we follow the rules, and we always put America first.”

The resignation letter was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

The new attorney general praised Rosenstein’s long career in federal law enforcement.

“Over the course of his distinguished government career, he has navigated many challenging situations with strength, grace, and good humor,” Barr said in a statement. “Rod has been an invaluable partner to me during my return to the Department, and I have relied heavily on his leadership and judgment over the past several months.”

Earlier this year, Trump nominated Rosenstein’s replacement, Deputy Transportation Secretary Jeffrey Rosen, who still must be confirmed by the Senate. The Judiciary Committee said Monday it will consider Rosen’s nomination on Thursday, which means he could be confirmed by early May.

Rosenstein’s resignation letter comes days after The Washington Post reported that he had assured Trump in a call last year that he was on his team and that the special counsel’s investigation would treat the president fairly.

The September conversation, according to people familiar with it, followed an explosive New York Times report that Rosenstein had suggested wearing a wire to surreptitiously monitor the president, or using the 25th Amendment to oust him from office — reporting that Rosenstein disputes.

“I give the investigation credibility,” Rosenstein told Trump, according to an administration official with knowledge of what was said during the call. “I can land the plane.”

While it is difficult to interpret Rosenstein’s remarks, he was apparently trying to mollify Trump and save his own job, or at least his reputation.

“I can go. I’m ready to go. I can resign. But I don’t want to go out with a tweet,” the deputy attorney general said in a meeting with Trump’s chief of staff before the call, according to one person’s account. Trump routinely makes significant personnel announcements via Twitter.

In his resignation letter, Rosenstein extolled the Justice Department’s accomplishments during the Trump administration.

“We enforce the law without fear or favor because credible evidence is not partisan, and truth is not determined by opinion polls,” Rosenstein wrote. “We ignore fleeting distractions and focus our attention on the things that matter, because a republic that endures is not governed by the news cycle.”

He also defended the department’s handling of the Russia probe, writing that the country “is safer, our elections are more secure, and our citizens are better informed about covert foreign influence efforts.” Rosenstein went on to cite the kinds of cases in which the president has expressed a personal interest. “We also pursued illegal leaks, investigated credible allegations of employee misconduct, and accommodated congressional oversight without compromising law enforcement interests,” he wrote.

Matthew Miller, a Justice Department spokesman in the Obama administration, said he found particularly odd the “over-the-top praise for the president who has spent his entire tenure attacking the Department of Justice. . . . When one of the most consistent themes of the president’s tenure has been attacking the career men and women at the Department of Justice, it’s just inappropriate for a deputy attorney general to heap all of this unalloyed praise on him.”

On Thursday, in one of his last public speeches as the deputy attorney general, Rosenstein lashed out at politicians and the media, denouncing what he called “mercenary critics who get paid to express passionate opinions about any topic, often with little or no information. . . . They make threats, spread fake stories and even attack your relatives.”

In recent weeks, Rosenstein has faced criticism for how the Justice Department released the findings of Mueller’s investigation. Rosenstein signed on to Barr’s conclusion — which went further than Mueller had been willing to go — that there was insufficient evidence to accuse Trump of obstructing justice, and he stood behind Barr when the attorney general repeatedly declared at a news conference that Mueller had concluded there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Democrats and legal analysts have asserted that Barr was casting Mueller’s report in a way that was overly favorable to Trump, with public support from Rosenstein.

Rosenstein was long viewed as one of the last bastions insulating the Mueller probe from political interference. But Rosenstein’s role was always deeply controversial, since it was a memo he wrote criticizing Comey that formed the public justification for firing him as FBI director — a move that led Rosenstein, days later, to appoint Mueller as special counsel to carry on the Russia investigation.

8 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving the White House at the end of the month, Trump says

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/13/sarah-huckabee-sanders-is-leaving-the-white-house-at-the-end-of-the-month-trump-says.html

I assume she will be pursuing other opportunities to lie.

I'd like to offer my thoughts and prayers to the residents of the State of Arkansas.

Stay strong.

• Like 1

By Dana Milbank, 6/25

Trump was warned (or would have been warned if he read the vetting documents) that:

Former interior secretary Ryan Zinke “was accused at least twice of misusing taxpayer funds for personal travel”; former Environmental Protection Agency administrator Scott Pruitt appeared to be improperly cozy with energy interests; former health and human services secretary Tom Price had been accused of improperly blending campaign contributions and his legislative record; Kris Kobach, tapped to run Trump’s voting-fraud commission, was criticized for his alleged ties to white-supremacist groups and racially inflammatory rhetoric; businesses owned by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross included an investment company fined for misleading investors and a coal mine that had hundreds of safety violations and a deadly explosion; Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was seen as “looking to make profits from the ruins of the housing bust”; Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao had potential conflicts of interest because of her “large network of business associations”; and Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani’s “foreign entanglements” (even a paid speech to a group that had been listed as a “foreign terrorist organization”) were detailed at great length. And there were several others.

Trump evidently ignored the warnings. Since then, he has had to part with Zinke, Pruitt, Price and Kobach, while headlines about Ross, Mnuchin, Chao and Giuliani have caused headaches for the White House.

Not surprisingly, Axios reports that Trump has withdrawn one nominee for every 11 confirmations and has withdrawn twice as many as President Barack Obama had by this point. Several more, such as defense secretary pick Patrick Shanahan, were withdrawn before they were formally nominated. Turnover on the job, similarly, has been historically high, as Trump now attempts to dissociate himself from appointees who probably wouldn’t have been there in the first place if Trump had paid attention to the vetting reports.

9 hours ago, kallend said:

Since then, he has had to part with Zinke, Pruitt, Price and Kobach, while headlines about Ross, Mnuchin, Chao and Giuliani have caused headaches for the White House.

Hi John,

'Trump is tiring of Mulvaney'

He seems to not like any of his picks:  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/25/trump-mick-mulvaney-white-house-1379594

I wonder why??????????????

Jerry Baumchen

17 hours ago, wmw999 said:

He likes to change things up regularly. I think that way he feels like he’s in charge, because he provides the continuity. 

Wendy P. 

I believe there is a lot of merit in that thinking.

I have worked with several executives that changed their staff regularly.  None of them lasted long - (Strangely though, they always seemed to have ended up employed at an equal or better position)

I still don't see how that worked . . .

Looks like Trump fits that model.

11 hours ago, ryoder said:

Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors: Sources

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-arrested-for-sex-trafficking-of-minors-source

I am praying that this is the beginning.

[DS] [Epstein]>[Alefantis]>[Podesta]>[Clintons]

[NXVIM]>[Chandler]>[Rubin]

The investigations are winding down; DECLAS has been activated; Gitmo is ready for military tribunals; Patriots are in control.

Sex cults within the DS power levels to be exposed.

Treason within the U.S. government levels to be exposed.

HRC & Uranium 1 to be exposed.

Enjoy the show. [Boom] [Boom] [Boom]

WWG1WGA