2 2
billvon

The swamp

From age 18 on I swore to protect the U.S. Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. From 18-22 I was granted permission to kill communists.

If someone from the future had come back to your 22 year old self and told you that someday you'd support a US president who was a puppet of the Kremlin - would you have believed them?

billvon

From age 18 on I swore to protect the U.S. Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. From 18-22 I was granted permission to kill communists.

If someone from the future had come back to your 22 year old self and told you that someday you'd support a US president who was a puppet of the Kremlin - would you have believed them?

Not then, not now.
If proved wrong I'll admit it. I don't see that happening.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I am not common. I do not follow current PC nomenclature.

That's more than a little untrue. You absolutely do follow a PC line in everything you say. It's just not what is PC in the wider world, it is what is PC in the world you have chosen. That's why you repeat things that are easily shown to be untrue. They are PC to you and yours. Think about that before you accuse others of blindly following. You are one of the most hardline followers yourself. And no, I am not talking about your religion.

I'm glad for the insight into how you were raised. The Vietnam war had a profound effect on many who served. Some very young and unprepared men had to kill or be killed. Some did things that they now know were wrong. All because what was PC at the time was changing. Maybe or maybe not you will decide to answer my basic question:

Does your personal vision of what your nation is and should be include people who are not white?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

Well I have to come to Ron's defense here. The "Kremlin" isn't a communist state. Russia under President Putin is more accurately described as a gangster kleptocracy. Which doesn't take away anything from the intent of your post or question. As Russia acts to its own interests no different than the previous communist USSR.

The lapdog aspirations of trump to become like President Putin or the Saudi MBS are evident in this RT(Russia Television) coverage of the "high five".
Putin and Mohammed bin Salman share a high five… under Trump’s scrutinous eye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sggVhrwSAFs

trump wishing to have the power or kinship relationship/power of MBS, President Putin and/or Kim Jong-un. Who can and have all ordered the killing of journalists or critics. Domestically and in other countries. The donald can only dream of such brothership high fives.

Further reading on gangster kleptocracy:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/23/how-organised-crime-took-over-russia-vory-super-mafia

gowlerk

Maybe or maybe not you will decide to answer my basic question:

Does your personal vision of what your nation is and should be include people who are not white?

Absolutely, and I do not understand why you would think otherwise.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*** Maybe or maybe not you will decide to answer my basic question:

Absolutely, and I do not understand why you would think otherwise.

I was not sure. Mostly because of your concern and fear of the urban population. And because some of the people you support politically don’t.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ron,

From 18-22 I was granted permission to kill communists.

I have no idea of what insanity brings you to that conclusion.

In Dec '59 I took the oath when I joined the US military. That oath had no mention of killing communists. NONE!!!!!

Jerry Baumchen

I was going to mention the obvious internalized corruption of the oath of enlistment too.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ron,

From 18-22 I was granted permission to kill communists.

I have no idea of what insanity brings you to that conclusion.

In Dec '59 I took the oath when I joined the US military. That oath had no mention of killing communists. NONE!!!!!

Jerry Baumchen

Of course, it is not in the oath of enlistment. However, if you were stationed at a Lima Site in Laos in 1960 and the Pathet Lao were attacking I believe you would have understood you had permission to kill them.

billvon

This post clearly shows why I have come to be so totally disappointed in what you have become Bill.

the fact that you even would post this, let alone believe this, makes me so disappointed I can't even explain it.

Wow. I can't even think of the words to go past this point.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Of course, it is not in the oath of enlistment. However, if you were stationed at a Lima Site in Laos in 1960 and the Pathet Lao were attacking I believe you would have understood you had permission to kill them.

If you were at a Lima Site in Laos in 1960 you are both older than I thought and probably should not be talking about it.

rushmc

This post clearly shows why I have come to be so totally disappointed in what you have become Bill.

the fact that you even would post this, let alone believe this, makes me so disappointed I can't even explain it.

I’m sure Bill’s absolutely crushed by your dissapointmemt. I’ll make a note to give him a hug.

gowlerk

If you were at a Lima Site in Laos in 1960 you are both older than I thought and probably should not be talking about it.

I am 76 YO and Lima Sites and the other associated operations in Laos have for the most part been declassified.

rushmc

Awww, why that woebegon? [:/]

Just inform yourself by reading a bit more about how the rest of the world is seeing trump and his dubious actions with Russia, Putin, his permanent lies ..... by looking into international news (of course, w/o Russian news): He's Kremlin's puppet. Short and simple. No need to burst into tears about this. :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>He's Kremlin's puppet. Short and simple. No need to burst into tears about this.

Yep. He cancels a meeting with Putin, Putin "declines" the cancellation - and the meeting is back on. Trump knows who's in charge.

And the rest of the country is figuring this out, too.
=======================

Cohen cooperation is proof of Russian 'leverage' over Trump, incoming House Judiciary chairman says

"The time that he can get away with lying to the American people all the time and evading accountability is coming to an end," Rep. Nadler said.

Dec. 2, 2018 / 7:26 AM PST
By Ben Kamisar

WASHINGTON — New York Democrat Jerry Nadler, the incoming chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said Sunday that new revelations from one of President Trump’s allies amount to proof that Russia had "leverage" over Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign.

In an exclusive interview on "Meet the Press," Nadler said that former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s admissions last week related to his role in securing a Trump Tower in Moscow during the time of the GOP presidential primary raise the specter of a compromised presidential candidate, and now president, that should trouble the American people.

"The fact that he was lying to the American people about doing business in Russia and the Kremlin knew he was lying gave the Kremlin a hold over him," Nadler said.

"One question we have now is, does the Kremlin still have a hold over him because of other lies that they know about?"
======================

ryoder

Basically going to jail for doing what Trump ordered him to do. Meanwhile "Mr. Big" goes free because he is POTUS. Love American justice.

Rick

***We only impeach for lying about blow jobs, not felonies.
Real crime, not FAKE NEWS!
>:(

the impeachment was for perjury and obstruction not the blow job ;)

I think that's what lying means.