Phil1111

So a NATO Ally has been Attacked by Russia with Banned Weapons.

"Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Monday slammed Russia over an alleged nerve agent attack in Britain — going further than the White House in directly calling out the Kremlin as “an irresponsible force of instability in the world.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/12/tillerson-russia-nerve-gas-attack-457845

"The United States launched a military strike Thursday on a Syrian government airbase in response to a chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians earlier in the week....

Trump said during short remarks to reporters at Mar-a-Lago, where he ordered the strike just hours earlier. "It is in this vital national security of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons."
https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/donald-trump-syria-military/index.html

I have yet to hear a statement directly from trumps normally big mouth. Assad uses banned weapons to cross a "red line". Sixty tomahawks are sent his way. A NATO ally is attacked...crickets from republicans and trump.

Oh and for Tillerson's aforementioned statement, he gets fired.

"Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Monday slammed Russia over an alleged nerve agent attack in Britain — going further than the White House in directly calling out the Kremlin as “an irresponsible force of instability in the world.”
https://www.politico.com/...ve-gas-attack-457845

You know what, I think it's well understood that if you're a double agent against Russia you can assume that someday you'll be walking down the street and feel a slight prick somewhere on your body.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

You know what, I think it's well understood that if you're a double agent against Russia you can assume that someday you'll be walking down the street and feel a slight prick somewhere on your body.

They're like the evil counterparts of the jewish forces that hunted down Nazis after the war and even some terrorist attacks.

And I should add that UK is apparently going around indicating they might invoke Article 5.

If they do, which I find unlikely, the US under Trump would definitely reject that. This would lead to the end of NATO, something Russia would be very happy with.

SkyDekker

And I should add that UK is apparently going around indicating they might invoke Article 5.

If they do, which I find unlikely, the US under Trump would definitely reject that. This would lead to the end of NATO, something Russia would be very happy with.

Last I heard was that the UK WASN'T going to raise it as an article 5 issue.

And I'm not convinced by the 'attack on the nation' rhetoric. Careless and dangerous? Absolutely. Grounds for some sort of reprisals. Sure. But starting WWIII over? Fuck no.

Bob_Church

They're like the evil counterparts of the jewish forces that hunted down Nazis after the war and even some terrorist attacks.

It should not be forgotten that President Putin has a well established history of poisoning UK citizens. Ukrainian politicians, etc.

"Alexander Litvinenko was a former officer of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) and KGB, who fled from court prosecution in Russia and received political asylum in the United Kingdom.

On 1 November 2006, Litvinenko suddenly fell ill and was hospitalized. He died three weeks later, becoming the first confirmed victim of lethal polonium-210-induced acute radiation syndrome.[1] Litvinenko's allegations about the misdeeds of the FSB and his public deathbed accusations that Russian president Vladimir Putin was behind his unusual malady resulted in worldwide media coverage.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

Now that you mention Jews. There is one thing that separates Putin from the average stupid politician. Putin understands the American people.

Putin: Maybe Jews or minorities behind US election interference
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/12/politics/putin-comment-jews-russian-minorities/index.html

Clearly Jews including George Soros could have been behind election meddling. The republican house should investigate it. Calling Fox news.

There's been an odd phenomenon popping up in the last few days in the discussion of this incident.

A Russian defector is poisoned with a Russian toxin with an MO that has been provably linked to Russian agents in other fairly recent murders, and several callers have been phoning in to radio talk shows suggesting it's all a political conspiracy... against Russia! One of them even said that the suggestion by PM Theresa May that Putin was responsible is "an attempt to interfere in the Russin election".

It's reminiscent of the gleeful inversion of the term 'fake news' in the US to refer to reports from reputable sources that one simply doesn't like. It's the rise of doublespeak from 1984, and we're doing it to ourselves :|

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

There's been an odd phenomenon popping up in the last few days in the discussion of this incident.

A Russian defector, er Two UK citizens are poisoned, on UK soil, with a Russian toxin with an MO that has been provably linked to Russian agents in other fairly recent murders, and several callers have been phoning in to radio talk shows suggesting it's all a political conspiracy... against Russia! One of them even said that the suggestion by PM Theresa May that Putin was responsible is "an attempt to interfere in the Russin election".

It's reminiscent of the gleeful inversion of the term 'fake news' in the US to refer to reports from reputable sources that one simply doesn't like. It's the rise of doublespeak from 1984, and we're doing it to ourselves :|

Fixed it for you. Furthermore, where are the UK allies.Where are its friends. Now is the time to find out.

Putin meanwhile refers to a nuclear threat.
Don't threaten a NUCLEAR power' Putin
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/russia-refuses-to-respond-to-theresa-mays-ultimatum-over-sergei-skripal-poisoning-as-donald-trump-a3789176.html

Asked by ABC’s Jonathan Karl whether he could now accept that Russia was to blame, Trump answered: “It looks like it. I spoke with the prime minister and we are in deep discussions. A very sad situation. Something that should never ever happen, and we are taking it very seriously, as I think are many others.”

The most verbally belligerent president in history—who has abusive things to say about allies like Japan, South Korea, and Canada—cannot summon up any harsher adjective for a nerve attack on a NATO ally's soil than “sad.”

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

IMO there must have been some chemical residue misplaced from the original attack. Just speculation of course. But I'm confident that the UK will figure it out based upon the reconstruction of contamination's from the original attack.

Some areas that were closed because of possible contamination from the initial attack and preparation were reopened just a few days before this couple were poisoned.

So contact with leftover toxin or residue that wasn't found by the investigators is certainly a possibility.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In the article they said that the toxin would have degraded by this point, not that they couldn't have been entirely wrong about that and made a profound error by re-opening the areas.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Articles this side of the pond are that it's unlikely the item would have been exposed to the elements or it would have degraded.

Police are apparently working on the theory that whatever the would be assassin used to deliver the toxin had been discarded after the attack and this couple had come across it somehow. Ergo whatever the item was has somehow been protected from the elements - that could be as simple as having been under a bush or something. It doesn't appear that the authorities think there's been a new and separate attack.

All just theory at this point though.

One of the suspects (who supposedly was just a civilian living out a life-long dream of visiting the cathedral in some random provincial English city) has now been identified as Colonel of the GRU Anatoliy Chepiga, previously decorated with Russia's highest award, Hero of the Russian Federation by decree of Putin.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/09/26/skripal-suspect-boshirov-identified-gru-colonel-anatoliy-chepiga/