Phil1111

Brett Kavanaugh, how to get a SC Nomination

tonyhays

The left also just might want to put a hold on all of the laughing at the right wing claims of winning and winning. From their perches they definitely are winning. Tax cuts, regulations evaporated, science denied, religious interests strengthened, those pansy Europeans got a talking to, the Chinese got sent a bill and were put on notice, brown people are being dealt with, the LGBT community is under attack, the courts are being packed with right wing ideologues who will be there for decades to come, and, in spite of himself, Trump hasn't blown up the world. Fucking A they think they are winning, and winning is motivating. Let's face it, the Dem's retaking the House is hardly guaranteed and counting on it is dumb.

And the right is going to continue to "win", regardless of whether the Dems take back the house. Expect Roe v Wade and marriage equality gone within two years.

Your predictions will not happen.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***FBI director Christopher Wray just testified that Kavanaugh's investigation was "limited in scope" due to "direction from the White House."

Let's all imagine what would have happened if Obama had "limited the scope" of the investigation into Hillary Clinton, and insisted it had to conclude in a week. Right wingers would have been threatening to kill FBI agents.

We already know that the investigation of Hillary was limited!

Indeed - only 8 GOP led congressional committees investigated HRC, plus an EIGHT YEAR Whitewater investigation, + 4 year investigation by the IG of the State Department in which Obama did NOT limit its scope, and a 4 month FBI investigation. Clearly very hurried.

By comparison, the Trump-limited investigation of Kavanaugh was leisurely and thorough.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

>We already know that the investigation of Hillary was limited!

Thank you for proving my point.

Lol

You limit yourself so bad it's getting funny.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

JoeWeber

***Truth no longer exists in some people's minds.

Bill needs to get rid of the trolls before SC devolves into a forum of just him and Kallend and anyone else who can not resist responding to Marc.

Censorship, a primary tool of the progressive left as indicated by Google/YouTube, Facebook and, Twitter. If you don't like what they opine then don't let them say it.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

******Truth no longer exists in some people's minds.

Bill needs to get rid of the trolls before SC devolves into a forum of just him and Kallend and anyone else who can not resist responding to Marc.

Censorship, a primary tool of the progressive left as indicated by Google/YouTube, Facebook and, Twitter. If you don't like what they opine then don't let them say it.

Hmmm...

Who is it that, just last week, wanted protesters to be 'taken care of'?

Who is it that asked supporters to 'rough up' a protester and even offered to pay for an attorney?

What group calls for the banning of books the most?
Particularly science texts for schoolkids?

I think that the reactionary right's problem with the 'censorship' of modern social media is that they are starting to crack down on the blatant lies and propaganda.

Insisting on truth and accuracy isn't censorship.

But then, so many on the right have a very difficult time understanding what is true and what isn't.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

*********Truth no longer exists in some people's minds.

Hmmm...

Who is it that, just last week, wanted protesters to be 'taken care of'?

Who is it that asked supporters to 'rough up' a protester and even offered to pay for an attorney?

What group calls for the banning of books the most?
Particularly science texts for schoolkids?

I think that the reactionary right's problem with the 'censorship' of modern social media is that they are starting to crack down on the blatant lies and propaganda.

But then, so many on the right have a very difficult time understanding what is true and what isn't.

A key word is OPINION.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

A key word is OPINION.

True.

But to have the 'opinion' that Quanon is a valid source, while the "Main Stream Media" is 'fake news' is simply...

Wrong.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

A key word is OPINION.

True.

But to have the 'opinion' that Quanon is a valid source, while the "Main Stream Media" is 'fake news' is simply...

Wrong.

And that is your opinion. Your side follows media that my side disregards. Therefore we look to other sources as well as back channel comm. These are fascinating times.

Air Force pilots flying SPECOPS in Laos referred to their duty as fascinating.

Yes, protesters should be stopped. News is all fake, Qanon is real. Oral testimony is unreliable, but a book full of oral testimony is gospel.

If one thing the last 2 years has made very clear is that republicans have absolutely no backbone or principles.

Edited to add: next step is to dismantle the 17th Amendment and control State voting. Make it harder to register to vote, make it harder to stay registered to vote, close polling stations in areas not favourable to GOP etc.

>And that is your opinion. Your side follows media that my side disregards. Therefore we look
>to other sources as well as back channel comm.

Like Qanon? The organization that claims that Hillary Clinton is cutting kid's faces off and drinking their blood? Yep. It explains a lot about your worldview.

RonD1120

******Truth no longer exists in some people's minds.

Maybe some forensic Marcologist could go back and analyze his posts to see how often he writes lol or you make this too easy or just tosses out an emoticon for his message.

I know what you believe. I think you are bat shit crazy to believe it, sure. But at least I believe you believe it. Do I fervently wish that you would run it through an operating gullible-o-meter before posting it? Of course. But I do not doubt that you believe it. I also believe you think about it.

With #Marc-too it's regurgitated sound bites; no more than what someone else believes. He's like putting Honest Ernie's Oil Additive in your crankcase. Does it increase the volume? Absolutely. Is it really doing anything useful? Nope.

JoeWeber

Maybe some forensic Marcologist could go back and analyze his posts to see how often he writes lol or you make this too easy or just tosses out an emoticon for his message.

I wrote a bot some time ago that makes rush-esque posts. It just picks randomly from a list of his favorite 15 or 20 phrases and then responds to Bill or Kallend after a time delay.
I've still got the code around here somewhere.

Replacing a human being on a forum, their thoughts, interpretations and opinions should not be a 10 minute piece of work and a less than 30 lines of code.

RonD1120

A key word is OPINION.

True.

Wrong.

And that is your opinion. Your side follows media that my side disregards. Therefore we look to other sources as well as back channel comm.

Qanon is not back channel comm. A dead mollusc is intelligent enough to know that.

These are fascinating times.

Air Force pilots flying SPECOPS in Laos referred to their duty as fascinating.

OMG Ron said Specops! That must mean he knows what he’s talking about!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Censorship, a primary tool of the progressive left...

So says the man who prefers Conservapedia, where the writing is guaranteed to have a conservative bent.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

yoink

I wrote a bot some time ago that makes rush-esque posts. It just picks randomly from a list of his favorite 15 or 20 phrases and then responds to Bill or Kallend after a time delay.
I've still got the code around here somewhere.

Replacing a human being on a forum, their thoughts, interpretations and opinions should not be a 10 minute piece of work and a less than 30 lines of code.

No shit? I want a bot. I'm happy to pay your rate for a good one. Never having to answer an email? Priceless.

billvon

>And that is your opinion. Your side follows media that my side disregards. Therefore we look
>to other sources as well as back channel comm.

Like Qanon? The organization that claims that Hillary Clinton is cutting kid's faces off and drinking their blood? Yep. It explains a lot about your worldview.

You provide references that I have never heard of. How do you find them?

For that matter, how do you search the SC for specific post quotes.? I run a search and get hundreds by a specific poster and they are not in chronological order.

RonD1120

And yes, I do know something about Special Operations.

So what? Honest question. I don’t understand why you bring it up.
It doesn’t make you privy to a higher level of information. In fact anyone who’s been around skydiving for a while also knows a bunch of special operations folks.

I’m sure you BELIEVE you have access to super-secret, back channel information that confirms all your fears in the same way 8 year olds believe the glasses you cut out of the back of cereal packages are real x-ray specs. That doesn’t make it true.

I’m sure you BELIEVE you have access to super-secret, back channel information that confirms all your fears in the same way 8 year olds believe the glasses you cut out of the back of cereal packages are real x-ray specs. That doesn’t make it true.

Ron has access to the ultimate inside info. When all else fails, the Holy Spirit will advise him during his morning prayers. In other words, he will make up what ever he wants to believe. And then tell us all that it is the undisputable truth. It is completely pointless to debate with Ron unless you are willing to accept that and deal with it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jcd11235

***You do not understand what backchannel comm means. And yes, I do know something about Special Operations.

Like you "know" about counseling? :S

M.A. Rehabilitation Counseling, University of South Florida, 1973.

Program Coordinator, DACCO, Outpatient Treatment for court-ordered drug offenders

Program Manager, Volunteers of America of Florida, Housing for the severe and persistent mentally ill

Program Manager, Metropolitan Ministries, Housing for homeless families

Just to name a few.