Phil1111

Brett Kavanaugh, how to get a SC Nomination

Kavanaugh wrote in an article for the Minnesota Law Review from 2009 that Congress should pass a law “exempting a President—while in office—from criminal prosecution and investigation, including from questioning by criminal prosecutors or defense counsel.”
https://www.vox.com/2018/7/9/17551584/brett-kavanaugh-president-criminal-investigation

The article:
http://www.minnesotalawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Kavanaugh_MLR.pdf

"Having seen first-hand how complex and difficult that job is, I believe it vital that the President be able to focus on his never-ending tasks with as few distractions as possible. The country wants the President to be “one of us” who bears the same responsibilities of citizenship that all share. But I believe that the President should be excused from some of the burdens of ordinary citizenship while serving in office."

Clearly the current one dosn't seem to suffer from such burdens. His golfing and self aggrandizing political rallies come to mind. Answering to criminal and civil charges are "burdens of citizenship". Which shouldn't apply to presidents.

trump can sure pick-em.

how long did you have to watch CNN before you get all this put together? Laughable. One of the most qualified ever nominated for the court.

please don't stop though. People like you and those you listen to are going to make this one of the most historic midterm elections we've ever had.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I can only imagine the pain that you're going through watching Trump win! I wish I could see it first-hand. Cuz I would enjoy it more than you could ever imagine.
Abraham Lincoln

Coming out of my self imposed "BANNING" I would like to point out this little fact. The left is not opposed to Justice Kavanaugh, they are opposed to the Constitution. It's the Constitution that scares the shit out of them. It is the Constitution that threatens them and prevents them from imposing their desires on this Nation.

If ever in power that damn document will be pushed deep into the achieves of History. It will be replaced with conjured up magical rituals and feel good ideas masked into a political and economic theory of social organization and classless society. It will fail as it has failed every time its been tried, but there is always a DUMB ASS out there thinking they know better.

Channman

Coming out of my self imposed "BANNING" I would like to point out this little fact. The left is not opposed to Justice Kavanaugh, they are opposed to the Constitution. It's the Constitution that scares the shit out of them. It is the Constitution that threatens them and prevents them from imposing their desires on this Nation.

If ever in power that damn document will be pushed deep into the achieves of History. It will be replaced with conjured up magical rituals and feel good ideas masked into a political and economic theory of social organization and classless society. It will fail as it has failed every time its been tried, but there is always a DUMB ASS out there thinking they know better.

Seems like a load of bull to me. What part of the Constitution do you think the left fears? I'm guessing you are mostly concerned about the 2nd and your precious right to own killing machines. The Constitution is the main thing standing in the way of the right wing imposing harsh laws. The left love the Constitution.

The US Constitution was and still is an extremely Liberal document.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Channman

You have a lot to learn about the left. And the Constitution.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Channman

Maybe you should spend a bit more time at Harvard, Yale, CNN, New York times to name a few...they make my point clearly almost on a daily bases.

Truth is a bitter pill, but it has been know to heal when properly taken.

What’s your problem with the NYT?

Give some examples.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Channman

Maybe you should spend a bit more time at Harvard, Yale, CNN, New York times to name a few...they make my point clearly almost on a daily bases.

Could you possibly make what you are saying a little more vague? The clarity of your statements are just so stunningly clear that I'm having a hard time focusing on how to reply.

Thanks
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Channman

You do know that Kavanaugh went to Yale?

Students, Alumni Urge Yale Law School's Leadership To Denounce Brett Kavanaugh
"As of Tuesday night, more than 200 students, staff members and alumni of Yale Law School signed an open letter calling for the institution to rescind its apparent support of Kavanaugh. ...

The letter cited several of Kavanaugh’s past opinions, arguing that his conservative bias would place past Supreme Court rulings at risk. It also claimed Kavanaugh would act as a “rubber stamp for President Trump’s fraud and abuse,” pointing to the judge’s support for expanding presidential power.

“At a time when the President and his associates are under investigation for various serious crimes, including colluding with the Russian government and obstructing justice, Judge Kavanaugh’s extreme deference to the Executive poses a direct threat to our democracy,” the letter read....

The letter pointed to a dissent penned by Kavanaugh, in which the judge sought to deny an undocumented teen the right to seek an abortion while in federal custody in Texas. It also highlighted another dissent written by Kavanaugh that argued the Affordable Care Act’s contraceptive mandate violated the rights of religious organizations, “even though those organizations were granted an accommodation that allowed them to opt out of” contraceptive coverage.

The letter’s authors said Kavanaugh’s past opinions “give us grave concern that he will consistently prioritize the beliefs of third-parties over the oppressed,” including in cases involving abortion and contraception, and medical care for transgender patients."

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/yale-law-school-open-letter-brett-kavanaugh_us_5b45753ee4b0c523e263ec91

The graduation of a jurist one disagrees with is not a cause for forced disassociation.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just heard Ben Sasse speak at the confirmation proceedings on NPR.
Dayum!
Why can't we hear more Republicans speak like that???
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I just heard Ben Sasse speak at the confirmation proceedings on NPR.
Dayum!
Why can't we hear more Republicans speak like that???

Because Trump still has fairly high approval ratings from the R base. Those 'simple farmers, the people of the land, the common clay of the new west. You know... Morons.'

Any R that openly opposes Trump will face serious difficulties in the primaries.

I'm hoping that anyone who supports Trump will face difficulties during the mid-terms.

There have been indications that will be the case.
But that is yet to be seen.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Channman

He asked a pretty clear question of what part of the constitution it is you think the left is afraid of. I'm curious as well what you think that is?

billvon

>You want to pick judges you got to win elections.

Unless it's a Democratic president, of course.

So you're saying Obama didn't get any of his nominees voted in?
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

***Maybe you should spend a bit more time at Harvard, Yale, CNN, New York times to name a few...they make my point clearly almost on a daily bases.

What’s your problem with the NYT?

Give some examples.

They have gone full left, and even hired an unabashed racist, Sarah Jeong, a South Korean native, as an editor. She has an extensive Twitter history full of hateful tweets towards whites.

After so much ridicule, she turned her account private.

Confucious12

They have gone full left, and even hired an unabashed racist, Sarah Jeong, a South Korean native, as an editor. She has an extensive Twitter history full of hateful tweets towards whites.

After so much ridicule, she turned her account private.

About 2 minutes of research found that:
A) She's a tech editor, so what's political about it?
B) Both her and the NYT have stated that her 'racist' comments were intended as satirical replies to unsolicited racist abuse she received from other Twitter users.
C) She published a sincere apology which is just about the dictionary definition of being abashed.
D) Her Twitter account is not private.

So to be honest, if that's the only thing you can think of that you don't like about the NYT, it sounds like they're doing pretty damn well overall:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>She has an extensive Twitter history full of hateful tweets towards whites.

Your misconception is yet another proof of Poe's law:
========
Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a racist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article.
========