gowlerk

Nike/Colin Kaepernick or Trump?

skyderrill66

ck needs to be strung up by the neck for disrespecting the flag and the veterans that died so a piece of shi? ck can act like duche.

Right. Fuck Kaepernick for standing up for equality for ALL Americans. He should definitely be lynched for personifying the best of American values.

Kaepernick is a better patriot than any of his critics.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

SkyDekker

Nor is there any indication that he started this protest for financial gain.

As a matter of fact, this whole issue had pretty much died down until Trump opened his yapper on twitter.

If you want to blame anybody, Trump should be blamed for not understanding the Streisand effect.

There's a lot of truth in that. Admittedly, I had to look up the "Streisand Effect" (but had a suspicion of what it was). I knew it as Brehm's Reactance Theory.

One of the reasons that "most" Trump supporters will agree that someone ought to take his thumbs off Twitter.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

jcd11235

***ck needs to be strung up by the neck for disrespecting the flag and the veterans that died so a piece of shi? ck can act like duche.

Right. Fuck Kaepernick for standing up for equality for ALL Americans. He should definitely be lynched for personifying the best of American values.

Does anyone remember why Kaepernick started taking a knee in the first place? It was to protest, and try to bring attention to Police involved shootings of unarmed black men.

It's the style of protest that is getting everyone's knickers in a knot to the point of disregarding the reason.
If some one yells, "HEY! THAT GUY IS STEALING YOUR CAR!" do you ignore what he says so that you can reprimand him for shouting in an inappropriate place?

The lack of justice for the innocent dead black men is far more disrespectful of the flag than any kneeling could be.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Niki1

******ck needs to be strung up by the neck for disrespecting the flag and the veterans that died so a piece of shi? ck can act like duche.

Does anyone remember why Kaepernick started taking a knee in the first place? It was to protest, and try to bring attention to Police involved shootings of unarmed black men.

It's the style of protest that is getting everyone's knickers in a knot to the point of disregarding the reason.
If some one yells, "HEY! THAT GUY IS STEALING YOUR CAR!" do you ignore what he says so that you can reprimand him for shouting in an inappropriate place?

The lack of justice for the innocent dead black men is far more disrespectful of the flag than any kneeling could be.

Actually he started by staying seated during the anthem.

A veteran who was playing in the NFL reached out to him and they got together to have a conversation. This veteran relayed to him that he thought that staying seated was very disrespectful however he understood CK desire to protest. Together they agreed that kneeling during the anthem would show protest without disrespect.

That's right CK started kneeling because a veteran asked him to. That's why i get quite a chuckle out of internet social justice warriors coming out screaming: but the veterans.

Snowflakes. You would think that if you can handle going to a war zone, you can handle watching a black man kneel.

You can't assign a personality trait to a given individual, but I think you can observe trends.

At least in the US, veterans tend to be politically conservative. They also tend to be more self-reliant, self-confident, and more stoic in the face of adversity. They also tend to be stubborn and defensive.

I think these traits are due in part to training, and in part due to self-selection of the types of people who sign up.

Of course, any given veteran could display all, some, or none of the traits I mentioned. Some vets are the complete opposite. Veterans are people, and everyone is different.

And no, I don't have any scientific data to back up any of this.

- Dan G

SkyDekker

*********ck needs to be strung up by the neck for disrespecting the flag and the veterans that died so a piece of shi? ck can act like duche.

Actually he started by staying seated during the anthem.

A veteran who was playing in the NFL reached out to him and they got together to have a conversation. This veteran relayed to him that he thought that staying seated was very disrespectful however he understood CK desire to protest. Together they agreed that kneeling during the anthem would show protest without disrespect.

That's right CK started kneeling because a veteran asked him to. That's why i get quite a chuckle out of internet social justice warriors coming out screaming: but the veterans.

Snowflakes. You would think that if you can handle going to a war zone, you can handle watching a black man kneel.

Have you noticed how much less outrage we hear over Blue Lives Matter's actual desecration of and disrespect for the flag for marketing purposes?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Have you noticed how much less outrage we hear over Blue Lives Matter's actual desecration of and disrespect for the flag for marketing purposes?

I just went to read a bit on this. It looks like several of the Blue Lives Matter groups have noted that it's contentious. Obviously without acknowledging that kneeling during the National Anthem is also what could be called contentious.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

headoverheels

I don't purchase Nike brands. Overpriced clothes made in countries that oppress workers.

But they go great with a purple sheet.
https://timeline.com/the-heavens-gate-mass-suicide-7f440ab4b333

I've been waiting a week for someone to make a Heaven's Gate connection.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

I don't purchase Nike brands. Overpriced clothes made in countries that oppress workers.

But they go great with a purple sheet.
https://timeline.com/the-heavens-gate-mass-suicide-7f440ab4b333

I've been waiting a week for someone to make a Heaven's Gate connection.

Have you seen how much those classic Heaven's Gate style Nikes sell for?

wolfriverjoe

Sales are up too.

Despite the backlash in the wake of Nike’s endorsement deal with Colin Kaepernick, the sportswear company has seen a 31% increase in online sales, according to one outside estimate.

Nike sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday over the Labor Day holiday this year compared with the previous year, according to Edison Trends.
http://time.com/5390884/nike-sales-go-up-kaepernick-ad/

I guess the old white men who burnt their Nike golf shirts aren't an important market demographic after all.

I guess the old white men who burnt their Nike golf shirts aren't an important market demographic after all.

When old white men no longer are the primary determinants of power and behavior the world will not, in fact, end.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Best to share.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

On 9/15/2018 at 5:08 PM, wmw999 said:

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Best to share.

Wendy P.

Colin Kaepernick proves to be a winner again with settlement with NFL 

"A vaguely worded press release, conveniently dropped on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend, isn’t going to cut it.

The NFL no doubt hopes that its announcement Friday of a settlement with Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid in their collusion lawsuits will bring an end to this whole sordid mess. That the deal will help them win back the fans – to say nothing of potential acts for next year’s Super Bowl halftime show – who are incensed that the league effectively blackballed Kaepernick for taking a stand against the racial and economic discrimination that plagues our society.

Good luck with that. So long as Kaepernick is without a job, the NFL is going to stay on the hook for this disgrace. So long as teams try to claim with straight faces that Nathan Peterman, C.J. Beathard, Mark Sanchez or any other less-talented retread is a “better fit” than Kaepernick, the NFL will never overcome its cowardice....

The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party.”

But surely part of the NFL’s reasoning was a growing recognition that it was in a no-win position. The party scene at the Super Bowl was one big troll of the NFL, as artists who refused to participate in the halftime show out of support for Kaepernick played events just beyond the league’s reach. The league was ridiculed for having the audacity to honor the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. while actively silencing another advocate of peaceful protest."

Nike stock, up $3(5%) since this story.

Gee Wendy, Is clairvoyance part of the family DNA?

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1