gowlerk

Nike/Colin Kaepernick or Trump?

skyderrill66

you know what i could care less.

You mean you couldn't care less, right? Anyway, you've already hurled insults at veterans in your last few posts so I have trouble taking you seriously.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

>ck needs to be strung up by the neck for disrespecting the flag

I think kneeling is pretty respectful, myself. It shows respect _and_ brings attention to an important cause. It just hurts the feelings of white right wingers - and no US soldier ever died to save the feelings of overly sensitive right wingers.

ryoder

***ck needs to be strung up by the neck for disrespecting the flag and the veterans that died so a piece of shi? ck can act like duche.

Seems not all veterans agree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yi5DILEEZ8

Mr. Ventura is mistaken.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

>I dunno. Maybe he meant a italian aristocrat....

Isn't that from a song?

Pass de duche on de left hand side
Pass de duche on de left hand side
==========
Meanwhile:

==========
Nike upgraded in face of Colin Kaepernick advertising controversy

Published: Sept 11, 2018
Marketwatch

Innovation is paying off and the Jordan brand is gaining momentum, analysts say

Nike Inc. was upgraded to buy from hold at Canaccord Genuity, as the brand undergoes a turnaround fueled by innovation, improved customer experience, and more controlled distribution of the Jordan basketball brand, analysts say.

Canaccord’s new price target is $95, up from $78. The stock rose 1% in morning trade. . . .

Nike NKE, +0.65% sparked fierce backlash after it announced a new ad campaign starring Colin Kaepernick, the former NFL quarterback who led protests against racial injustice and police brutality by taking to one knee during the national anthem. Some football fans and President Donald Trump have railed against the protests.

After first declining, Nike shares have rebounded, up 3.6% over the past five trading days to erase all the initial losses, and then some. Online sales soared 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend until Tuesday, beating back fears that calls to boycott the brand would take a negative toll.
==========
Nike’s stroke of genius with Kaepernick already paying off

BY WILLIAM C. RHODEN
@WCRHODEN
September 11, 2018
The Undefeated

In a stroke of genius that would make a chess master proud, Nike made a move last week that simultaneously put the NFL on its heels and made competitors squirm.

Most important, the sports apparel giant helped protesting NFL players remind the public that their protests are not an attack on the military but a demand for social justice and an end to social inequality.

Nike celebrated the 30th anniversary of its “Just do it” slogan with an ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick, the former NFL quarterback who is being blackballed — so it appears — by the NFL.

In 2016, Kaepernick became the first NFL player to protest racial inequality and police brutality by taking a knee during the national anthem before games.

The impact of the Nike campaign is being felt from boardrooms to locker rooms. For players who have been criticized for protesting, the Nike campaign is a tremendous boost.
===========

What blows my mind is how distorted this whole issue has become. The flag and the national anthem used to represent American ideals of freedom, justice, equality, egalitarianism, and democracy. Now certain people have decided they represent The Troops and The Military. But not all the troops, just the conservative, white, Christian, male troops.

And eveyone who still believes in American values is apparently a libtard douche.:S

- Dan G

billvon

>your a duche

Since you are new to posting here I'll give you the traditional one warning. No personal attacks. (Personal attacks are any variation on "you're an idiot.")

To be fair, when someone's personal attack is "your a duche" it's more of a comically failed accusation than an attack.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DanG

I don't recall if the UCMJ had any flag/anthem requirements. Service members don't enjoy the right to protest when in uniform.

If memory serves; if the officer gave the command to salute and you didn't - it went to Non-Judicial - until it went to Court-Martial. The only true "flag" under UCMJ is the surrendering of the flag or coercing someone to surrender.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

billvon

>In marketing, nothing is worse than having everyone know who you are and no
>one interested in what you sell.

Very true; companies want everyone to know who they are AND have people buy their stuff. With that in mind:

=======================
Despite Outrage, Nike Sales Increased 31% After Kaepernick Ad

By GINA MARTINEZ Updated: September 10, 2018
TIME

Despite the backlash in the wake of Nike’s endorsement deal with Colin Kaepernick, the sportswear company has seen a 31% increase in online sales, according to one outside estimate.

Nike sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday over the Labor Day holiday this year compared with the previous year, according to Edison Trends.

On Sept. 3, Nike debuted their new campaign featuring the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, who sparked the wave of NFL national anthem protests against racial inequality last year. His actions enraged many, leading Kaepernick, who is currently an unsigned free agent, to claim he has been blacklisted by NFL leadership. Nike followed up on Wednesday, releasing an ad featuring Kaepernick, which aired during the NFL season opener on Thursday.
========================

I've done a couple of hours of research and the Nike marketing gurus seem to know their shit. The information in post #29 was true. What is also true is - Market research from YouGov Plan and Track shows that 46 percent of Nike customers have a positive view of Kaepernick, compared to 34 percent of all Americans. YouGov also found a 10 percentage point increase in the number of Nike customers versus the general public.

So, I will concede to this point of the strategy increasing sales. It also tells me that I'm in the 34% of all Americans. Sincerely, I have issues with those who produce nothing other than controversy being financially rewarded. IMO He's about as much of a trendsetter as the Kardashians. But, not unlike other veterans will defend his right to protest. I don't have to like it. But, I will defend it.

Sincerely, I have issues with those who produce nothing other than controversy being financially rewarded. IMO He's about as much of a trendsetter as the Kardashians.

He's not trying to set a trend or simply create a controversy, and he's not being financially rewarded on a scale remotely approaching what he would be earning if he'd swallowed his principles and gone along with society's expectations.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Sincerely, I have issues with those who produce nothing other than controversy being
>financially rewarded.

Given that Kaepernick was penalized to the tune of tens of millions of dollars a year by taking that stand, that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Nor is there any indication that he started this protest for financial gain.

As a matter of fact, this whole issue had pretty much died down until Trump opened his yapper on twitter.

If you want to blame anybody, Trump should be blamed for not understanding the Streisand effect.

skyderrill66

your a duche

PAs aren't allowed here, even from people who claim to be veterans.

And it's "You're" and "douche". Your literacy needs improvement, which itself is suggestive of the value of your opinions.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.