ryoder

NYT: "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"

FWIW: Try not to expend too much time and energy on foreign progressive liberals that hate America because of their envy.

Unlike you of course. You hate America because it's getting full of American progressive liberals. So you hide out in a small corner of your great country where you feel safe. And can lash out online.

But you miss out on the the things that actually make America moderately good. Like good Mexican restaurants.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

So in addition to the group of felons, sycophants, grifters, liars and pure incompetents in Trump's White House we can now add a group of subversives. And Trump wants to use the DoJ as his own personal version of the KGB to ferret them out.

House of Cards was never this weird.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

jcd11235

> She used the wrong email server once.

Surely we can agree that that is a _much_ bigger offense than anything of which Trump has been accused.

Now to the tune of 171 fellony emails that have been found on her server. Yes!

More we're found just last week.

Or her obstruction of justice by deleting email evidence.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***> She used the wrong email server once.

Surely we can agree that that is a _much_ bigger offense than anything of which Trump has been accused.

More empty right wing extremist lies. Please show your sources.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rushmc

Tell it to your leader:
https://www.justice.gov/doj/webform/your-message-department-justice

>>171 fellony emails that have been found on her server.

>More empty right wing extremist lies. Please show your sources.

Well, to be fair, his source hasn't been able to tweet much lately, so that might be tough.

In any case, it's funny. Rush thinks there are 171 "fellony" emails. We know for a fact that there are actual felonies that Trump insiders have been indicted on, found guilty of and pled guilty to. One such felony referred to Trump as an unindicted co-conspirator.

Perhaps "fellony" is a term that means "sort of like a felony but with no crime and no proof?" Like fake sugar. All the feel of sugar but none of the calories. (Or is that callories?)

Back to the OP -

Remember how Trump was going on and on about the Deep State, how it's a shady cabal inside Washington that he was going to root out and destroy?

Well, if Rep. Kevin McCarthy is to be believed - Trump is CREATING the deep state by hiring the people who make it up. Fox News asked him about the NYT editorial on Fox Business:

McCarthy - “If you ever wondered is there a deep state? Is there somebody high in government that would hide behind media to work against the voters of America and create a constitutional crisis? It’s proven today that it [exists] . . . Whoever wrote it is a coward.”

rushmc

Poe's law strikes again.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

billvon

Perhaps "fellony" is a term that means "sort of like a felony but with no crime and no proof?" Like fake sugar. All the feel of sugar but none of the calories. (Or is that callories?)

Truthy.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

******> She used the wrong email server once.

Poe's law strikes again.

Once again the inability to refute the evidence rears its ugly head!

The only thing that's missing is a claim of racism.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********> She used the wrong email server once.

Poe's law strikes again.

You don't have any evidence to refute.

10 Investigations, 8 of them under republican leadership and no evidence of felonies.

But Rush on Dropzone.com has all the evidence he would like other people to refute. Your own party has already refuted it. If it is all so obvious, how come the idiots you worship can't get anything done?

Let me guess: Deep State. Cause in the face of overwhelming non-evidence it makes most sense that it is due to some imaginary secret society.

:D:D:D

Do you have children? Aren't you worried they are going to read this at some point?

rushmc

Poe's law strikes again.

The only thing that's missing is a claim of racism any evidence.

FIFY

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

Poe's law strikes again.

I know it's been maybe a day since you posted this thing about "171 felony emails" but you have yet to explain what you're talking about. What are the "felony emails"? Who has verified that they are "felony"? Why didn't they take action?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

rushmc

Earth to Marc. Remember this?

rushmc wrote:
What is Trump doing that would constitute a proper reason to impeach him?

In your opinion.

Fool that I am, I replied:

Marc,

I'll answer you but in return you need to agree to answer our questions. In good faith, I'll trust your agreement in advance.

On September 3 he tweeted:

“Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff…”

The President was clearly attempting to use the Justice Department for political gains and advising Justice officials to ignore allegations of corruption against Republicans to that end. The President has a constitutional obligation to carry out the laws of the nation. His tweet is evidence he does not accept that responsibility.

His own attorney acknowledged in court that Trump violated campaign finance laws by directing him to pay hush money to his mistresses and to have other damning allegations purchased by a third party and squashed. Those are conspiracies to commit criminal acts. That is also an impeachable offense.

There are more but for now let's stop here.

Please note that impeachment is not removal. It is stage 1. Credible allegations are investigated by the House and, if warranted, referred to the Senate for trial. As with Clinton, who was a douche in my mind, Trump may walk away and continue his Presidency. But I think all honest Patriotic Americans, especially those who support Trump and believe him innocent, should welcome such proceedings and get it over one way or another.

Your turn.

Joe

and as a clarification of the above in response to Iago:

Alexander Hamilton, in Federalist 65, explained a certain definition of an impeachable high crime:

A well-constituted court for the trial of impeachments is an object not more to be desired than difficult to be obtained in a government wholly elective. The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.

Trump violated the public trust by violating his oath of office: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." and did so by attempting to politicize the US Department of Justice who were pursuing serious charges against members of his own party and he did so to further his own self interests.

That makes it an impeachable offense. It's a little tricky to understand, sure, but that doesn't change things.

As to whether conspiracy to violate campaign finance laws to swing an election in your favor is an impeachable offense, Cohen testified that he made the payments “in coordination with and at the direction of a candidate for federal office.” That would be the Donald Trump who did not disclose the payments in his 2017 financial disclosure forms. Cohen committed, and plead guilty to, a felony and his co-conspirator was Trump.

That makes it an impeachable offense.

Marc,

Normally I just ignore you because you bring nothing to a conversation. You can cut and paste, you can parrot nonsense from fringe right wing media and you can ask others questions. But what you can not do is answer questions in a serious, thoughtful and reasoned manner. You asked me a question and I thought to give you a last chance. True to form you deflect, refuse to answer and then quickly pivoted to Clintons email server with, no doubt, Benghazi close behind.

Those who say it is useful to have you here as a reminder of how people like you think are misguided. That's like saying it's nice to get stuck behind slow drivers because it reminds them of Grandma.

I wouldn't talk to you at a gathering and I'll damn sure never talk to you again here.

DJL

************> She used the wrong email server once.

Poe's law strikes again.

I know it's been maybe a day since you posted this thing about "171 felony emails" but you have yet to explain what you're talking about. What are the "felony emails"? Who has verified that they are "felony"? Why didn't they take action?

Google "171 emails" and get predictable results.. a web of blogs with the exact same content and application template. One publisher pushing out stories to a farm of sites with a different logo and domain name.

These are the people who cry "fake news".

https://www.theolympian.com/news/politics-government/article95178922.html
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article95177252.html
https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article98741982.html