ryoder

NYT: "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"

>Making popcorn, waiting eagerly to hear Ron and Rush's defense of this one.

You mean you're not sure what they will say? I am. It will be -

"FAKE NEWS! None of that is true."
"OK maybe it's true but it's the evil deep state, so it doesn't matter."
"Obama did all that stuff too."

BTW good comment in the op-ed:

"The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility."

I agree there. We have white supremacists murdering protesters. We have a media who is more interested in reporting on meaningless presidential tweets (or the latest accusation against Obama/Clinton) than serious issues. Too often, we follow Trump's lead into the gutter.

It would be great to see the media start to ignore Trump's constant barrage of meaningless and divisive tweets, and relegate him to the star of his own reality TV show among his sycophants. Omarosa vs Trump? Trump vs Stormy Daniels? Let Breitbart cover all that.

Borowitz: Nation Stunned That There Is Someone in White House Capable of Writing an Editorial

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/nation-stunned-that-there-is-someone-in-white-house-capable-of-writing-an-editorial
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Infuriating part is the author even knows the 25th Amendment should be invoked.

Oh you guys always get that Obama tingly leg syndrome when somebody uses Anonymous sources. You're so tickled in it so fun to watch LOL
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

***Making popcorn, waiting eagerly to hear Ron and Rush's defense of this one.

Easy; Fake News, anonymous source, lies...

it's so fun to watch you guys when you follow the so many times disgraced newspaper of choice. It's going to be fun again this time. Thanks for the show
Abraham Lincoln

Oh you guys always get that Obama tingly leg syndrome when somebody uses Anonymous sources.

Trump's source on Obama's birth certificate was anonymous.

Did Trump get Obama tingly leg syndrome?

As a side note, the best part of this is that Trump is too stupid to realize that he requested documents, made policy decisions and he is never getting them.

SkyDekker

Oh you guys always get that Obama tingly leg syndrome when somebody uses Anonymous sources.

As a side note, the best part of this is that Trump is too stupid to realize that he requested documents, made policy decisions and he is never getting them.

The funny breathless leg tingling shit just keeps coming!
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

By the way, what you called a anonymous source for the birther BS regarding Obama came from the Hillary camp!

This shit that's so funny just can't be made up!
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Infuriating part is the author even knows the 25th Amendment should be invoked.

I still don't like it. Not one bit.

The American public and the electoral system of the country put the Trump in the driving seat and they should bear the consequences of that. Successes and failures should be borne on the president's shoulders, not interfered with by people who's job it is to advise him then follow direction, regardless of if they agree with it or not.
If they can't do that then they should quit.

All of them should be fired for this type of behavior IMO, unless WW3 is literally on the line. Sabotaging your boss in a private company would be INSTANT dismissal.

Mitigating damage is all very well, but what if they mitigate it far enough that we're stuck with Trump for another 4 years because traditional Republicans don't see the damage he's done?

Anonymous resistance isn't useful to the country in general terms. No-one know's it's happening or what it's happening over. All of it is hearsay and 'confidential sources'.

Think of it this way - what if your choice of president had won and white house staffers were deliberately sabotaging their policies? You'd be fucking furious, and rightly so.

billvon

>Making popcorn, waiting eagerly to hear Ron and Rush's defense of this one.

You mean you're not sure what they will say? I am. It will be -

"FAKE NEWS! None of that is true."
"OK maybe it's true but it's the evil deep state, so it doesn't matter."
"Obama did all that stuff too."

BTW good comment in the op-ed:

"The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility."

I agree there. We have white supremacists murdering protesters. We have a media who is more interested in reporting on meaningless presidential tweets (or the latest accusation against Obama/Clinton) than serious issues. Too often, we follow Trump's lead into the gutter.

It would be great to see the media start to ignore Trump's constant barrage of meaningless and divisive tweets, and relegate him to the star of his own reality TV show among his sycophants. Omarosa vs Trump? Trump vs Stormy Daniels? Let Breitbart cover all that.

Who knows if it's even legit but the op-ed seems written by a male. This:

But we believe our first duty is to this country

seems the sort of thing a military person would write.

I disagree with yoink that everyone should fall in line or quit. Many should, no doubt. But Trump is dangerous, cornered, enamored of Putin and Kim, and he has the nuclear codes. I never thought I'd welcome a coup in this country but we would be safer without Trump and we don't need Pence. If you're a General with years of devoted service to this country what would you do?

rushmc

Not to mention he's doing great!

Once more you prove that any thought more complex than a soundbite is completely beyond you.

It doesn't matter if he's doing great. It doesn't matter if he's doing terribly...
Both of those are subjective opinions and have no relevance on whether it is the in the purview of white house personnel to deliberately sabotage the President of the United States if they don't agree with him / her.

yoink

Both of those are subjective opinions and have no relevance on whether it is the in the purview of white house personnel to deliberately sabotage the President of the United States if they don't agree with him / her.

You don't seem to take the power of POTUS seriously.

So you think it is bad when Person B sabotages the attempts of Person A to sabotage our country?
The best solution is the 25th Amendment.
Willfully helping the Whitehouse Halfwit to ruin the country is the worst option.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Looks like you finally got your witch hunt!

==================
Woodward book prompts West Wing witch hunt, sources say

By Jeff Zeleny and Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Wed September 5, 2018

President Donald Trump, showing his outrage over Bob Woodward's explosive new book, is ordering a real witch hunt in the West Wing and throughout his administration, asking loyal aides to help determine who cooperated with the book.

Even as the President publicly fumes, he's privately on a mission to determine who did -- and didn't -- talk to Woodward, CNN has learned.

"He wants to know who talked to Woodward," one of the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity amid the highly tense atmosphere in the West Wing in the wake of the book.

The search for leakers inside the administration contrasts with the White House's defense that the book was fueled by "disgruntled employees," offered by press secretary Sarah Sanders and others.

One source close to the White House said people inside the administration are "frustrated because they know it's true."
=====================

ryoder

So you think it is bad when Person B sabotages the attempts of Person A to sabotage our country?
Willfully helping the Whitehouse Halfwit to ruin the country is the worst option.

I take it extremely seriously which is why I was horrified when the people elected a selfish, narcissistic child to the position. I still am.
However, that doesn't change the legality of the situation and those laws are something we all have to abide by, whether we like it or not. To do otherwise is to invite anarchy.

I don't believe the contract of working at the white house has an 'obey all orders given by the president unless you disagree with them, in that case feel free to stymie it however you can' clause...

We, the people, have a responsibility to elect officials who we believe will do the best job they can. If we later decide we don't like the job our elected official is doing there are legal channels to remove them - as you pointed out, the 25th is one of them in the case of the President. If we don't take that responsibility seriously and elect a disaster then I believe we should live with the consequences.

What is illegal and reprehensible is to take matters into your own hands unless the law is clearly being broken. It's fine to feel like your position is untenable as a staffer because you disagree with the policies being taken. The solution is to quit, not sabotage the system.

I didn't elect these people who are now unilaterally and secretly defining policy by deciding what our president gets to see and what he doesn't. You didn't either.

I not sure you take what they're doing seriously enough.

I reiterate, I think Trump is an awful, awful president, but the reality is that any damage he's causing is temporary. International relations can be fixed. Edicts can be unwritten. I choose to believe that any real insanity (let's nuke the middle east!) would be met by the 25th.
But the country needs a wake up call that voting is a serious business and that to elect a clown is to have your country turned into a circus... As someone who posts here you're already more involved in politics than 90% of Americans - it's going to take a serious event to wake those people up to their responsibility, otherwise we'll just run into the same problem a few presidents down the road.

yoink

I take it extremely seriously which is why I was horrified when the people elected a selfish, narcissistic child to the position. I still am.
However, that doesn't change the legality of the situation and those laws are something we all have to abide by, whether we like it or not. To do otherwise is to invite anarchy.

I don't believe the contract of working at the white house has an 'obey all orders given by the president unless you disagree with them, in that case feel free to stymie it however you can' clause...

We, the people, have a responsibility to elect officials who we believe will do the best job they can. If we later decide we don't like the job our elected official is doing there are legal channels to remove them - as you pointed out, the 25th is one of them in the case of the President. If we don't take that responsibility seriously and elect a disaster then I believe we should live with the consequences.

What is illegal and reprehensible is to take matters into your own hands unless the law is clearly being broken. It's fine to feel like your position is untenable as a staffer because you disagree with the policies being taken. The solution is to quit, not sabotage the system.

I didn't elect these people who are now unilaterally and secretly defining policy by deciding what our president gets to see and what he doesn't. You didn't either.

I not sure you take what they're doing seriously enough.

I reiterate, I think Trump is an awful, awful president, but the reality is that any damage he's causing is temporary. International relations can be fixed. Edicts can be unwritten. I choose to believe that any real insanity (let's nuke the middle east!) would be met by the 25th.
But the country needs a wake up call that voting is a serious business and that to elect a clown is to have your country turned into a circus... As someone who posts here you're already more involved in politics than 90% of Americans - it's going to take a serious event to wake those people up to their responsibility, otherwise we'll just run into the same problem a few presidents down the road.

I choose to believe that any real insanity (let's nuke the middle east!) would be met by the 25th.

Roger that. Betsey DeVos, Sonny Perdue, Steve Mnuchin, Wilber Ross, Rick Perry, Ryan Zinke and Ben Carson are all just chomping at the bit to make this shit right.

JoeWeber

Roger that. Betsey DeVos, Sonny Perdue, Steve Mnuchin, Wilber Ross, Rick Perry, Ryan Zinke and Ben Carson are all just chomping at the bit to make this shit right.

:D:D:D

I've got to have SOME faith. Just, you know, not much.