BillyVance

RIP Tom Petty

From his Wiki page:

...His interest in rock and roll music began at age ten when he met Elvis Presley. In the summer of 1961, his uncle was working on the set of Presley's film Follow That Dream in nearby Ocala, and invited Petty to come down and watch the shoot.He instantly became an Elvis Presley fan, and when he returned that Saturday, he was greeted by his friend Keith Harben, and soon traded his Wham-O slingshot for a collection of Elvis 45s
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Unfortunately rock legends will start dropping regularly now. Something about something...drugs... and something. I saw Tom at the Akron Rubber Bowl back in the 80's with Dylan and The Dead.

Sail on Tom.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I had a similar thought that all the greats of my youth are now getting towards the end of their lives. With the heavy drugs often associated with touring and stardom they are lucky if they make it close to the average life span of a US male which is currently around 76. Just fyi, life expectancy is greatly impacted by the US state in which you live. DC the highest at 82, WV the lowest at 72. :(

CANOPY COURSE Video Training with Brian Germain at AdventureWisdom.com

airdvr

Unfortunately rock legends will start dropping regularly now. Something about something...drugs... and something.

Yeah I know... I grew up on 80's rock n roll... But somehow, Keith Richards is gonna outlive them all. :S:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***Unfortunately rock legends will start dropping regularly now. Something about something...drugs... and something.

Yeah I know... I grew up on 80's rock n roll... But somehow, Keith Richards is gonna outlive them all. :S:D

We ordered in a bunch of Macs to replace one of the labs about 10 or so years ago. That's not unusual but what was new is that this model came with a built-in camera and would take a picture of you during setup. Those little cameras don't have that much range so they really exaggerate wrinkles and any other blemishes. When I fired up the first row my first thought was "why do these computers all have Keith Richard's face on them?"

DC the highest at 82, WV the lowest at 72.

This site says Hawaii is the highest at 81.3. They put DC at 43rd (76.53 yoa).

Kind of interesting, they list the biggest cause of death for women 35 - 44 in Colorado as poisoning. What the hell is going in in CO?
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

OH WOW! That is exactly the same place I got my info from but I just realized that my numbers were for WHITE males and not all races. Good catch! Funny thing is if you select African American male, DC has the lowest life expectancy at 71. So if you are white and privlaged DC is the way to go but everyone else is hosed. Hawaii would be sweet if only you could bring all of your extended family and friends.

Yikes about the CO thing. Wonder what the deal is with that!

CANOPY COURSE Video Training with Brian Germain at AdventureWisdom.com

Bluefox

OH WOW! That is exactly the same place I got my info from but I just realized that my numbers were for WHITE males and not all races. Good catch! Funny thing is if you select African American male, DC has the lowest life expectancy at 71. So if you are white and privlaged DC is the way to go but everyone else is hosed. Hawaii would be sweet if only you could bring all of your extended family and friends.

Yikes about the CO thing. Wonder what the deal is with that!

I'm having trouble adding the links but it looks like Colorado is recording death by deliberate poisoning, including prescription meds, as poisoning instead of suicide. Or more likely both. Evertime I switch from one site to another to cut and paste all of my text goes away so sorry about the lack of cites.

obelixtim

I wonder how many tandem videos are out there, set to "Free Falling" or "Learning to Fly".

Funny enough... I did my first tandem video with Free Falling and I Won't Back Down :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Quincy WFFC in 1995 a bunch of us jumped Mr. Douglas. As we piled in the pilot asked what we wanted to hear on the stereo. Everyone yelled "Freefalling". The pilots were less than pleased. Apparently that is what nearly every load wanted to hear.