NvyZero

In hospital with broken legs

I was in the hospital with my broken femurs and ass when this happened! So broke my legs swooping... so I was on some pretty heavy drugs I had a bunch of friends coming in and out of the hospital to see me... some brought in e cigs, and some brought e cigs with wax in them... one of these got left behind in my room... late in the night security came and insisted on searching my room bc they smelled pot earlier...( I feel they should've searched when they smelled it originally, I feel like I was singled out or entrapped ((might not be using that word correctly)) I told them go ahead and search. I pointed out a sunglasses case on a desk though was not mine and I had not idea who's it was... well sure enough there was wax in that case. I found out I had a warrant and turned myself in with a bond 3 months after I had been out of hospital... I just set a jury trial to fight this charge which is a felony... the prosecution had been delaying and offering me a bunch of bs deals. I know I am innocent, and I feel they are wasting their time and money pursuing this case. My defense is that I was all fucked up on drugs and had no idea any of that stuff was going around, thought it all to be e cigs... the prosecution will not drop the case bc they are hung up on the fact I pointed out the drug... when I told them they could search I let them know everything that was mine and what was not (the sunglasses case). I want to hear yalls opinion on this... I believe I will win, I want to hear what y'all think of the case and if there is any advice y'all may have for me! Thank you! Feel free to ask questions

What state are you in? As far as I know possession of an oil pen is not a felony in most states, however upon research it appears it is in 10 states.

As far as the case itself your going to be in for some deep shit, depending on what state it is. Same way if they found drugs in your car that are not yours, it is in your vehicle or in this case "your room"

Most likely after 10k of fines and lawyers fees you will be ordered to "rehab" and community service with a good lawyer, if you have a bad lawyer you could see 5 years

I find it amazingly humorous that they can give you an IV drip of basically heroin, but if you bring your own drugs with less side affects it is the end of the world. Completely fucked imo

Absolutely fucking ridiculous

I Hope you recover fast sir

Great mates you have, putting you in this position. WTF were they thinking bringing that shit in, and then leaving it there.

Are they going to help you out, either by taking responsibility for the glasses case, or chipping in for your legal costs?

I bet not!

And how is the prosecution going to pin it on you when you most likely came in in an ambulance, and were confined to a bed with major injuries? Anyone with access to your room could have left it there. Shaky case I think.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I'm not normally the litigious type but in this case I'd make an exception. It should be an easy charge to beat. How could you bring anything in? Then sue the shit out of the hospital for allowing it to get into your room and then having THEIR security guard turn you in. It sounds like they were on the good drugs.

pterodactyl1986

As far as the case itself your going to be in for some deep shit, depending on what state it is. Same way if they found drugs in your car that are not yours, it is in your vehicle or in this case "your room"

I Hope you recover fast sir

But you have some access control over your car or a motel room. You can lock the door. Unless, and I find this hard to believe, the hospital room had an inside lock on it how is a counter top in that room any different than the hallway or the elevator? It's the hospital's room. Maybe someone saw security, got paranoid and had to get rid of it so they opened the closest door where some guy was zonked out on drugs and laid it in there. It's their job to prove that that's not true.

mr2mk1g

Surely, given you're facing a felony charge, this is a question for your LAWYER rather than a freaking internet skydiving forum!? :S

That's the truth right there. Counter-suit is the other truth.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher