gowlerk

Buzz bike?

I came across this on good 'ol ebay today. Anyone ever ridden or even seen one of these? Looks ridiculously silly, but potentially fun.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/propeller-powered-bicycle-/302484503925?hash=item466d7b3d75:g:tMoAAOSwAA5Z3jK2#viTabs_0
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Back in the early days of automotive design the French made a car with that design. I heard it sucked at climbing much of a hill. I guess with a bike you could pedal on up hill climbs
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Well if the German engineers could do that in the 1920's, just think what the Russians might try in the 1960s!

Edited: Apparently I was misinformed. The first photo I sent was not from Russia; it was shot in New York! (The logo on the nose clearly ready "New York Central System." Duh.) Built by General Electric, this was America's entry into the Cold War "Jet-Powered Train" race. Here is another photo showing our noble All-American jet train below the dastardly Commie jet-propelled Train.

I have serious doubts as to whether or not that thing would move under it's own power. The prop is tiny, the engine is not terribly powerful and probably pretty heavy.

By comparison, look at the setup that powers the Powered Para-gliders. There's a pic of one down below.

Much bigger prop, the engine is smaller, but it's a 2 stroke and is both more powerful and a lot lighter.

And it's waaaaaaay overpriced.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo