Iago

Health insurance premium- post your increases here!

Iago

It's that time of year again where the insurance companies send you your Holiday bonus. Or is that backwards and you send it to them? Eh, whatever. I'll start.

Avera out of South Dakota. $6500 deductable HSA eligible. Single no smoker 44 years.

Was $376 a month. The new premium:

(Dramatic drumroll)

(Cymbal rimshot)

[Annoying car ad voice]

Only Four Fourty Five a Mooonth!

[/Annoying car ad voice]

I suppose I'm getting off easy with just a modest 18% increase.

My union plan. 250 deductible. Pay nothing after. State of Ca. when I was out of work, not a cent. But Cali kills me in taxes.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Well, on Veterans' Day, this is ours:

Mr.owc6 signed up with the expectation that he and his were to be covered 100% while active duty and upon retirement.

That didn't last, and they started charging us (including him) for health care while he was active duty, and it's now it's even more since he has retired from the USMC.

So much for contracts.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

tkhayes

$682/month for a decent BCBSFL plan, $3600 deductible

now going to $811. probably go to go without any insurance. I am 8 years to Medicare and I can bank away a shit ton of money in that same timeframe.

. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Obama care fine we won't give you insurance but we will find you for not having it 😕
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Iago

My bro's wife works for Xerox and their 'adjustment ' is to not cover a spouse if the spouse has access to another plan through their employer. Interesting modification, wonder if it will stand up to scrutiny.

Many companies have had that requirement for some time.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Iago

My bro's wife works for Xerox and their 'adjustment ' is to not cover a spouse if the spouse has access to another plan through their employer. Interesting modification, wonder if it will stand up to scrutiny.

Yep. Companies that have good plans and provide for their employees will attract the spouse that has a crap plan. Many companies have done variations of this. My company charges a monthly premium if the spouse has a company plan but is covered by ours.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Obamacare or not - the costs of health insurance were rising rapidly. I paid $175 20 years ago in the Clinton and Bush era and that had risen to over $400 before the ACA

All the ACA did was force people to buy something they already could not afford. And did not go far enough with the full public option. THat is still the solution. Open market capitalism will NOT work in healthcare.. never did and never will. Medicare for all.

And now it is called Trumpcare, not Obamacare. They tried to repeal it and they failed. They now own it. If there is rage about the current system, the current administration failed at fixing anything and you know what - they do not give a fuck about you or me either.

Well, at least 15 years ago, my company just added a $100/mo premium for covering an otherwise-covered spouse, so I'm betting it'll stand up just fine.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I pay exactly $0 a month for healthcare. No deductible and no cost if I go to a certain provider. I pay a percentage if I choose to go to a private provider.

Join the Army. You will have to lucky enough to get wounded in combat, but after that you can stop complaining about healthcare costs.

- Dan G

DanG

I pay exactly $0 a month for healthcare. No deductible and no cost if I go to a certain provider. I pay a percentage if I choose to go to a private provider.

Join the Army. You will have to lucky enough to get wounded in combat, but after that you can stop complaining about healthcare costs.

"They said it was a million dollar wound, but the army must keep that money 'cause I still haven't seen a nickel of that million dollars. "

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I realize they were trying to be funny in Forrest Gump, but as a MoH awardee he would actually receive a monthly stipend, above and beyond and retirement or disability payments. Even a schmuck like me without any valorous decoration will receive well over $1million in my lifetime from disability, retirement, and free medical care.

This thread will be moved to SC shortly, I'm sure, but at the risk of hastening that move, I'd like to point out that premiums have bern rising ever since health insurance was invented. Obamacare actually was slowing the rise rate. That is, until Trump decided to torpedo the whole thing through executive inaction. If you want to be mad that your premiums are going up for next year, write the White House. They are making it happen on purpose.

- Dan G

Mine is increasing by $105 a month with CIGNA. From $333 to $438. They just told us they are dropping my wife.(Her plan was costing $514 per month). So now I am looking for a new plan.

I contacted 1 agent that my business partner knows. He can insure me but not my wife since she has a preexisting condition. (Which I thought was not supposed to matter.) And may be why CIGNA is dropping her.
So I set up the phone interview with the new insurance company and the first thing she tells me is "this plan is not ACA compliant so you may still have to pay a penalty"

It is very confusing trying to navigate this shit.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!