Niki1

The Earth is FLAT

This guy is making a steam powered rocket to get to 1,800 ft. to prove the earth is flat. I guess he hasn't heard about this new thing called air planes.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/this-man-is-about-to-launch-himself-in-his-homemade-rocket-to-prove-the-earth-is-flat/ar-BBFs6N8
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

idiot conspiracy theorists

While there is no one hypothesis for what the flat Earth is supposed to look like, many believers envision a flat disc ringed by sea ice, which naturally holds the oceans in.

The world is carried on the backs of four giant elephants, which in turn stand on the back of a humongeous sea turtle called A'Tuin.
Any idiot should know that by now.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

My first real job was building USN ships. My plumbob and level said the earth changes multiple degrees at any givin time. My round earth boss then proceeded to smack me in the head.B|

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

My first real job was building USN ships. My plumbob and level said the earth changes multiple degrees at any givin time. My round earth boss then proceeded to smack me in the head.B|

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Di0

I mean, for all practical purposes of a home-made rocket flying at 1800ft, earth IS flat.

Actually, it's the simplest proof of the sphericallity (is that a word?)

From ground level, the horizon is fairly close.

From 1800', it's a lot further away, and it's uniformly further (it isn't closer in one direction and further in another, assuming reasonably flat terrain).

What more proof is needed?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Niki1

This guy is making a steam powered rocket to get to 1,800 ft. to prove the earth is flat. I guess he hasn't heard about this new thing called air planes.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/this-man-is-about-to-launch-himself-in-his-homemade-rocket-to-prove-the-earth-is-flat/ar-BBFs6N8

He wasn't getting anywhere at fund raising until he pitched in with the flat earthers, then the money started coming in. Think of all those people throughout history that kissed the Pope's ring or bowed to a King or Queen for the grub stake.

He wasn't getting anywhere at fund raising until he pitched in with the flat earthers, then the money started coming in. Think of all those people throughout history that kissed the Pope's ring or bowed to a King or Queen for the grub stake.

Yeah. That Christopher Whatshisname for one. Are these flat earth people allowed to have a drivers license?
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Niki1

Yeah. That Christopher Whatshisname for one. Are these flat earth people allowed to have a drivers license?

I'd like to know if they're real or not. Are there really people who believe that the Earth is flat, or is it just another wink wink nudge nudge joke like the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Or are they a scary fraud, like Scien.....(no carrier)

wolfriverjoe

Actually, it's the simplest proof of the sphericallity (is that a word?)

According to Webster, It is not, but if we use it enough, it soon will be.

Only one "l" though to be consistent with the inconsistency of American English spelling rules. ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

wolfriverjoe

Oh, if it's proof you want, mister spoilsport, just look at all the skydiving footage - You can clearly see the curve of the horizon.:ph34r:
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Baksteen

Oh, if it's proof you want, mister spoilsport, just look at all the skydiving footage - You can clearly see the curve of the horizon.:ph34r:

That's just silly, everyone knows that the curvature of the horizon is an optical effect of having round eyes, the same effect can be noticed
from videoing or taking photos whilst using a round lens.:ph34r:

Gone fishing