keithbar

Oh my aching back .

keithbar

You never know how much crap you have acumulated until you have to move it after 24 years [:/]

Next time just burn it all down. Problem solved. :ph34r: FWIW, I hope I never move. Been in my house since 2000. Amazed at what I've amassed in all that time, and there's more still coming in the near future... as we try to finish up my recently deceased mother in law's estate work. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi Keith We move last year after 29 years in the same house. For a small house we sure had a lot of stuff. My son and his wife moved in a month after we moved out so at least we had some time to move it all.

Oh and as far as your back being sore. You know they have people you can pay to move your shit :P. And generally they are a bit younger than you and I.

Muff Muff see you in Fitz

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

Hi Keith We move last year after 29 years in the same house. For a small house we sure had a lot of stuff. My son and his wife moved in a month after we moved out so at least we had some time to move it all.

Oh and as far as your back being sore. You know they have people you can pay to move your shit :P. And generally they are a bit younger than you and I.

Muff Muff see you in Fitz

Some people are just cheapskates. :)

But hey, moving ain't cheap when you hire someone... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bob_Church

***You never know how much crap you have acumulated until you have to move it after 24 years [:/]

I've sworn that the next time I move it will be to a retirement home that only allows one suitcase.

Just shoot me before I have to go to one of those places filled with old people, who smell like urine, baby powder and peppermint! :S

If I smell like that, I want it to be in my own home. ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

Just shoot me before I have to go to one of those places filled with old people, who smell like urine, baby powder and peppermint! :S

But you get to play shuffleboard!:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Just shoot me before I have to go to one of those places filled with old people, who smell like urine, baby powder and peppermint! :S

Nothing wrong with shuffleboard.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

******Just shoot me before I have to go to one of those places filled with old people, who smell like urine, baby powder and peppermint! :S

Nothing wrong with shuffleboard.. Fuck shuffleboard
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Being in the military I moved every 2-3 years and didn't accumulate much stuff. I got married 2 years before I retired and then I moved into my wifes home. I had less than 1500 pounds in my entire household goods shipment. Moving keeps you from hanging onto junk!

I'm right there with ya, been here 27 years and finally moving

we've thrown away a ton, donated 10+ loads to charity and filled a 12x20 storage unit, it's finally cleaned up to enough to list

close on the new house in February, will start moving the storage unit and hires movers for the house
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

jimjumper

Being in the military I moved every 2-3 years and didn't accumulate much stuff. I got married 2 years before I retired and then I moved into my wifes home. I had less than 1500 pounds in my entire household goods shipment. Moving keeps you from hanging onto junk!

I've always admired our military friends that seem to have a good handle on not having too many frivolous possessions. I'd love to get my lifestyle that lean.

4 years ago Vskydiver and I moved from a 3300 sq. ft. home with 4 kids to a 2000 sq. ft. home with an empty nest. We got rid of maybe half our stuff, but still have too much. From her sewing shop to my many hobbies, man, we have a lot of STUFF. Sports equipment, artwork, and photo albums are all worthwhile items, but if I had to live it all over again, I'd have us avoid ALL collectables.

Other than that, I think we have it pared down to useful stuff, for the most part. I know someday it will be the 1 or 2 bedroom condo, and maybe just one car. At that point, no more garden tools or lawnmower, table saw and pipe clamps. I just don't know if I'm ready to live without a drill press and all my other tools. :D