ryoder

SpaceX Falcon Heavy Animation

I used to see things like this and just assumed that it was a joke. I couldn't imagine that some one could be so disconnected from reality.

Until one of these guys wondered into the shop one day. He had flown in with his friend who was a pilot. I'm sure there are some stories there. His friend just kept shaking his head. He had had no more luck educating him over the years then any one else. Nice guy but he was a no shit flat earther. Had an answer for every thing. We were standing next to a 34 ft long rocket and he was explaining how it's all a hoax. It was surreal. I swear, we need some Darwinism to clear some of the dead wood out of the species. I don't know what we're becoming.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

BillyVance

When I saw it was a UCF student, it said all I needed to know. They're dumb as fuck and delusional for various reasons. :D:S

What I find really bizarre are the people who try to debate them. I have a friend who's very intelligent but she's been in an online argument with a Moon landing hoax moron for months now.It makes absolutely no sense to me and in some ways is dumber than the one who claims it was a hoax.

Bob_Church

***When I saw it was a UCF student, it said all I needed to know. They're dumb as fuck and delusional for various reasons. :D:S

What I find really bizarre are the people who try to debate them. I have a friend who's very intelligent but she's been in an online argument with a Moon landing hoax moron for months now.It makes absolutely no sense to me and in some ways is dumber than the one who claims it was a hoax.

Many of the "flat earthers" are excellent debaters and very persuasive.

That doesn't change the fact that they are complete idiots if they actually believe this garbage.

A friend of mine is somewhat gullable, and has been taken by con artists in the past. He has recently become closer friends with a guy who claims that microwaves make water toxic (believed that and stopped using his microwave for a while), is an 'energy healer' (believed in that to the point that he argued that 'if you don't believe in it it won't work), but my friend was amazed that this idiot is a 'flat earther.'
He didn't realize that there were people who actually believed this.

I don't know if the guy acutally believes the crap about the microwaves (proven to be false), energy healing (no proof it works despite huge rewards offered) or flat earth (please) or if the guy is just seeing how far he can go and what potential 'marks' will fall for.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Exactly. Don't people get it? It's a game. If you argue with them you may as well try cow tipping or hunting snipe. You are being played like a fool.

gowlerk

Exactly. Don't people get it? It's a game. If you argue with them you may as well try cow tipping or hunting snipe. You are being played like a fool.

^^^^^^^

They all communicate via encrypted e-mail to exchange argument to support their positions. Otherwise they may get trapped into an admission. They all know its a joke on the rest of us.

>Exactly. Don't people get it? It's a game. If you argue with them you may as well try
>cow tipping or hunting snipe. You are being played like a fool.

That approach can be summarized as "no one could be that dumb." That pretty much always fails.

Remember, for every person out there with an IQ of 140, there's someone with an IQ of 60.

Phil1111

They all communicate via encrypted e-mail to exchange argument to support their positions. Otherwise they may get trapped into an admission. They all know its a joke on the rest of us.

They are not that advanced. And there is a portion of them merely trolling, but its hard to keep up that farce. My guess is 75% of people joining the 'flat earth' groups only do so for the LULz and to laugh at idiocracy(I did), and that 95-99.9% of the media-creating promoters of it believe they are preaching scripture.

It's a thrill in 'debate', an illusion of 'knowing' something others don't, fabricating their victimization and projecting it on others while feeling vengeful toward a fabricated boogieman is what gets these people high. They are truly fascinating and an excellent case study in crowd psychology. This is true for everything from the vaxxers, hoaxers, truthers to flat earthers and any conspiracy theory touting idiot privileged enough to have one.

It's REALLY easy to win a debate with idiots.

Walk away.

Calvin19

They are not that advanced. And there is a portion of them merely trolling, but its hard to keep up that farce. My guess is 75% of people joining the 'flat earth' groups only do so for the LULz and to laugh at idiocracy(I did), and that 95-99.9% of the media-creating promoters of it believe they are preaching scripture.

It's a thrill in 'debate', an illusion of 'knowing' something others don't, fabricating their victimization and projecting it on others while feeling vengeful toward a fabricated boogieman is what gets these people high. They are truly fascinating and an excellent case study in crowd psychology. This is true for everything from the vaxxers, hoaxers, truthers to flat earthers and any conspiracy theory touting idiot privileged enough to have one.

Walk away.

mmmmmmmMMMMMM thats quite compelling. After all to believe in a flat earth would be to ignore everything about how gravity works, how a molten earth core allows earthquakes to occur, etc. etc.

Phil1111

Walk away.

mmmmmmmMMMMMM thats quite compelling. After all to believe in a flat earth would be to ignore everything about how gravity works, how a molten earth core allows earthquakes to occur, etc. etc.

One of the "better" ones is how they claim it's all a "NASA conspiracy", yet it was the ancient Greeks who first theorized a spherical earth.

Aristotle was the first to show evidence, and Eratosthenes came up with an estimate that was pretty close (depending on the value of the measure he used).

Fascinating that NASA conspired with the ancient Greeks to fool all of us into thinking that the earth is round. :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo