GogglesnTeeth

Leaving Florida... Moving to Ohio! Thoughts and vibes...

HI all,

Haven't posted here in a very long while. Skydiving has taken more than a bit of a "back seat" to family the past decade+.

Finally leaving Florida and headed to Ohio! (Cleveland/Akron area.) Why... not everyone loves Florida! (among other reasons...)

Anyway, always looking to meet new locals and local DZ's to call "home."

PM me if you are in the Cleveland/Akron area or just to give me grief about leaving Florida.

See you on my next adventure!!! Blue Ones!
GnT

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I lived in Strongsville for awhile (just south of Cleveland) Lake effect snows made the city 2nd in the nation in annual snowfall (Buffalo first). My first and only winter... between November and February I saw the sun for a day and a half. I asked one of my colleagues, "What in the fuck do you do to keep from being depressed all winter - have a pipeline of chocolate you can tap off or sumpin?!?!?!?!" We go to bars and drink and watch sports. :S:S

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to drinking, but I am opposed to "watching" sports. On the flip side. I love Florida

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BillyVance

Good choice to leave Florida. Your IQ will jump 20%. :D

Not so sure you'd like winters in the Cleveland/Akron area though but good luck.

My IQ will jump, and will maybe stop loosing teeth!!!! LOL

I grew up in Nebraska, so I know how to drive in snow, ice, etc.... I have a Jeep now, so I'll head to the drifts!!!!

Cloudy sky's didn't bother me too much when I lived in Seattle...
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

GogglesnTeeth

***Good choice to leave Florida. Your IQ will jump 20%. :D

Not so sure you'd like winters in the Cleveland/Akron area though but good luck.

My IQ will jump, and will maybe stop loosing teeth!!!! LOL

I grew up in Nebraska, so I know how to drive in snow, ice, etc.... I have a Jeep now, so I'll head to the drifts!!!!

Cloudy sky's didn't bother me too much when I lived in Seattle...

I was stationed at Wright Patt AFB OH after being stationed at Homestead AFB in FL. Do get over to Greene County SPC.... in Xenia.. in the SUMMER... that winter jumping at way below zero crap sucked....

Good DZ's close by. Aerohio to the South and Parkman to the East. lake Erie is great in the summer...the Islands are a good party scene.

Yes winter sucks...but then we just appreciate the other seasons more.

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

put-in-bay-fallback-image.jpg

GogglesnTeeth

Cool pic.

I'll check out Aerohio for safety day first and hit the others as time allows.

Gotta get current first!

Driving north and kissing Florida goodbye on Tuesday! Not everyone likes non-stop heat and sunshine!

And the bazillion mosquitoes too!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not saying one is better than the other. Had a great experience at both. Just offering a driving difference of 45 minutes compared to 3 1/2 Hours.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

Not saying one is better than the other. Had a great experience at both. Just offering a driving difference of 45 minutes compared to 3 1/2 Hours.

Indeed that was what I was after go as many places I could and experience as many people as I could.
I am avoiding DZ's at this point ... that helps remove the temptation to do stupid shit.

GogglesnTeeth

PM me if you are in the Cleveland/Akron area or just to give me grief about leaving Florida.

See you on my next adventure!!! Blue Ones!
GnT

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

I never gave anyone any shit about leaving Fla. There are way too many people there as it is. When I lived in DeLand, if any one asked directions to any where I would tell them to go to I-95 and go north. And keep going. ;)

Have a grand adventure.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

***HI all,

Haven't posted here in a very long while. Skydiving has taken more than a bit of a "back seat" to family the past decade+.

Finally leaving Florida and headed to Ohio! (Cleveland/Akron area.) Why... not everyone loves Florida! (among other reasons...)I'll pay ya to take my ex wives w/ya. Then I can come back to Fl. Ca. DZs SUCK
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.