BillyVance

Netflix's Spartacus series

Has been pretty entertaining. Have yet to watch the final episode of season one. Lots of gratuitous violence and blood spatters (worse than the movie 300) :D Lots of sex (some of it probably real), and the language that would make even the hardened sailor blush. Starring Lucy Lawless of Xena, Warrior Princess fame, and John Hannah of The Mummy movies (with Brendan Fraser).

Plenty of twists and turns and backstabbing Romans... It's awesome. :D

And no, kids cannot watch.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Has been pretty entertaining. Have yet to watch the final episode of season one. Lots of gratuitous violence and blood spatters (worse than the movie 300) :D Lots of sex (some of it probably real), and the language that would make even the hardened sailor blush. Starring Lucy Lawless of Xena, Warrior Princess fame, and John Hannah of The Mummy movies (with Brendan Fraser).

I get a kick out of John Hannah yelling "Jupiter's Cock!!!!" when he gets upset.

Bob_Church

***Has been pretty entertaining. Have yet to watch the final episode of season one. Lots of gratuitous violence and blood spatters (worse than the movie 300) :D Lots of sex (some of it probably real), and the language that would make even the hardened sailor blush. Starring Lucy Lawless of Xena, Warrior Princess fame, and John Hannah of The Mummy movies (with Brendan Fraser).

I get a kick out of John Hannah yelling "Jupiter's Cock!!!!" when he gets upset.

Yeah, he's hysterical. :D Oh and the last episode of season one... hoooboy! :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm hooked. Already on season four. The violence is just ridiculous. Assholes getting their heads cleaved off in different ways horizontally or vertically, throats slashed, swords shoved right into mouths, etc... It's just mind boggling. :D

And the Roman sex orgies... Can't have a series like Spartacus without them. :) They would have made Caligula proud. ;)

Conundrum

I don’t k ow how it took you guys so long to find this show :D

I don't watch much on Netflix. I first gave the Supernatural show a try and loved it. Been waiting for season 12 to come out. I didn't know about the Spartacus show until late last year when I noticed it browsing through the show listings and saw that Lucy Lawless and John Hannah were the stars. What the hell, I'll give it a try. Glad I did. :D

You know, rape is never funny, no matter the circumstances... and there are a few depictions of it on the Spartacus series. However, if there was one instance that an exception could be made... it would be Julius Caesar getting it up his ass by Tiberius, the teenage son of Imperator Crassus while being restrained by his two bodyguards.

Fucking Romans... :D