catfishhunter

My New Neck

Had surgery 5 weeks ago. I changed surgeons this time and wow! Major difference. I’ve been off opioids for 2.5 weeks already and I had been on them for 5 years. Luckily I had a great pain management dr and she worked with me to keep it as low as we could for as long as we could but grateful to be off them all the way now. Still hurt but I hurt about what I hurt taking that shit so I am golden! I’d call it a miracle but I’ll wait another 10 months before calling it that. In the meantime, I’m dreaming of maybe being able to jump again one day but the wife isn’t so sure she is ok with that.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

neck.png

Nice. Similar procedure done about a year ago. My neck/shoulder/arm had been a problem for over 25 years. I lay blame on a side mounted VCR camera I jumped in the '80s. Snappy openings = sore neck.

I remain absolutely amazed at the results. Cervical fusion is a wonderful thing. Still, I wish I had some of the oxy's left to cure the banging hangovers associated with being over-served Don Julio. ;)

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

councilman24

***they will not cremate us, they will recycle us....

No, our urns will just rattle.

Would be kind of funny if a family member had to take an urn like that through TSA at the airport. At the temperatures the crematoriums use, I would imagine these plates and screws melt down somewhat. Runs it through the x-ray machine... "Whoa... what's this?" (calls supervisor) :S

My wife had to get the required paperwork for her mom's urn before she could take it with her back home a couple months ago.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

At least you have a cool story to go with yours B| me just hard living and bad genetics, the 27 plus car accidents (lots of slams and bumps only a couple that were totals) didn't help and I am pretty sure the insta canopy I had in Perris that gave me momentary paralyzation didnt help much either. But none of that was on video so it never really happened :D Glad you didn't die;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

BillyVance

******they will not cremate us, they will recycle us....

No, our urns will just rattle.

Would be kind of funny if a family member had to take an urn like that through TSA at the airport. At the temperatures the crematoriums use, I would imagine these plates and screws melt down somewhat. Runs it through the x-ray machine... "Whoa... what's this?" (calls supervisor) :S

My wife had to get the required paperwork for her mom's urn before she could take it with her back home a couple months ago.

Shouldn't melt. Cremation only 1400 to 1800F. One of the screws in my broke and the had to take out part. It has a weird grain sfructure. Kind of wondered if it was titanium.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Yep Titanium.They charged me 12 grand for the hardware. I have the plate they had to take out from the first surgery because it had pulled loose and was causing breathing issues when I would have any strenuous exercise. I should have brought it in and told them to reuse it

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

catfishhunter

At least you have a cool story to go with yours B| me just hard living and bad genetics, the 27 plus car accidents (lots of slams and bumps only a couple that were totals) didn't help and I am pretty sure the insta canopy I had in Perris that gave me momentary paralyzation didnt help much either. But none of that was on video so it never really happened :D Glad you didn't die;)

27 plus car accidents? WTF?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Yeah 6 rear ends 3 T bones 2 roll overs 1 that cant be discussed and lots of random shit that minor property damage occurred. Only 1 was ever my fault and that's the one that cant be discussed. Not sure why I was a car magnet up until I was 35. only 2 of those ended up seeing a chiropractor. Didn't stick around after the roll overs. Don't take offers for a ride from drunks, your skateboard is way safer, and as it turned out I got home faster too :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT